Cricket Heroes - testing & feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.
@plexus: That's a really good quality clip. I think the reason that it stutters ingame is because >10MB. I think I'll chop it up into five 30s clips and overlay & loop them. What I'll also do is assign each of those clips to a particular team. So the home side will have 3 of the clips and the opponents 2. That way I can fade them in and out depending on what happens in the game.

okay, well these sessions are way too long... 113.2 overs on Day 1 including a change in innings...

Stumps - Day 1

New Zealand 219/5 (75 overs)

P Fulton c. N Compton b. G Swann 22 (53)
H Rutherford c. J Root b. S Broad 11 (18)
K Williamson not out 136 (224)
R Taylor run out (I Bell) 25 (76)
B McCullum b. J Anderson 7 (25)
D Brownie c & b. J Anderson 0 (12)
M Guptill not out 18 (42)

Bowling:

J Anderson 17-2-34-2
S Finn 14-2-35-0
S Broad 12-4-24-1
G Swann 22-3-89-1
J Trott 10-1-37-0

It was all Kane Williamson in the final session as he frustrated the English bowlers, not putting a foot wrong in his unbeaten century. Taylor provided good support before being run out trying to scamper through for a quick single, just short of his ground. McCullum promoted himself up the order trying to take advantage of Taylor and Williamson's partnership but couldn't add many before deciding to leave a ball alone from Anderson and had the ball clip off-stump, as the New Zealand skipper played for some swing. Brownlie then mistimed a ball which gave Anderson a half chance and he made no mistake taking the return catch. Guptill has provided some solid support for Williamson though, as the top order batsman calmly made his way past a hundred.

Comments: I think lofted shots lower focus a little too much. I think missed lofted shots should lower the focused meter a little more but I don't see why lofting a ball for four should lower your focus from 100% to 70% and then playing 3 and you pretty much need to defend a million balls before you can start lofting balls again. Maybe between 30-90, make it harder to lose focus although once they past 100, maybe go back to how it is, as batsman are more likely to relax once they reach the milestone. Also same with settledness, early in the innings, it's fine, but then once you reach 50, and start to get the settledness up, you get hit and it goes down a heap. Which doesn't really make sense since a batsman past 50 probably wouldn't be too unsettled by a ball hitting him after having played really well so far.

Also just an issue that if you load a game, the batsman's focused meter resets to 100%.

uh, there was just 4 overthrows (no idea what the fielder was doing, mind you...) and nobody was given the runs. No leg byes and it didn't go to the batsman, pretty sure it came off the bat though. But yeah, just blocked it to silly point and he threw it to the boundary...

----------

Lunch - Day 2

New Zealand 343/8 (115 overs)

P Fulton c. N Compton b. G Swann 22 (53)
H Rutherford c. J Root b. S Broad 11 (18)
K Williamson not out 203 (361)
R Taylor run out (I Bell) 25 (76)
B McCullum b. J Anderson 7 (25)
D Brownie c & b. J Anderson 0 (12)
M Guptill c. N Compton b. G Swann 24 (59)
D Vettori c. I Bell b. S Finn 20 (41)
T Southee c. G Swann b. S Finn 3 (10)
N Wagner not out 24 (35)

Bowling:

J Anderson 25-2-60-2
S Finn 21-4-44-2
S Broad 17-4-40-1
G Swann 37-7-142-2
J Trott 15-1-53-0

Well Kane Williamson is a legend. He has completely torn this bowling attack apart. Bringing up his century with two sixes in the space of three balls off Graeme Swann had the English spinner in shock, the first six a 117 metre six over cover. Although the highlight of the session was Neil Wagner coming down the wicket and dispatching what he turned into a full toss, over the mid-wicket rope off Graeme Swann, his first and only boundary of his innings so far. New Zealand surely can't lose from this position.

----------

Williamson was finally dismissed as he inside edged Swann and it dribbled onto his stumps and Boult didn't last long, scoring a run before trying to come down the wicket to Swann and Prior completed the stumping as New Zealand were bowled out for 347, Williamson top scoring with 204.

Should be getting Max12 installed sometime later tonight

Ok probably if umpire signals fours sixes wides noballs it will be better to focus only on the umpire when is signalling it.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread