Cricket Heroes - testing & feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also the ball disappears as soon as fielder takes it that must be rectified and also one catching animation for deep catches otherwise it doesnt seem to catch a ball....

And players walk back to pavillion would be awesome and show the FOW notice at that time....

We need a celebration animation where the players throw the ball up after catching

End of 1st Innings

England - 120 all out (38.2 overs)

A. Cook b. N Wagner 25 (38)
N. Compton c. H Rutherford b. T Southee 5 (10)
J. Trott b. N Wagner 6 (33)
I. Bell c. H Rutherford b. N Wagner 8 (18)
J. Root b. N Wagner 34 (65)
J. Bairstow lbw T Southee 4 (12)
M. Prior b. T Southee 25 (32)
G. Swann b. N Wagner 11 (18)
S Broad b. D Vettori 1 (3)
J Anderson not out 0 (0)
S Finn b. D Vettori 0 (1)

Bowling:

T. Southee 15-4-46-4
T. Boult 9-1-32-0
N. Wagner 11-3-24-5
D. Vettori 3.2-0-18-2

Well Joe Root gave England some hope but the last 4 wickets fell for only one run , as Wagner and Vettori ripped through the lower order. Swann, Root, Broad and Finn all failed to get their bat behind the ball all being bowled. New Zealand are well on top now.

Comments: Same as before really, bowling is too easy. I think you just need to make it less likely for the batsman to miss the ball when it's on the stumps and that would probably make it all better.

@DM: Cool, I'll see if I can make those changes. Will probably only have a new build tomorrow night though.

@hedger: Yup, I've been testing some changes in that regard. Hopefully that'll fix the issue. I've also tried to make the AI leave the ball more judiciously. They tend to play with hard hands at swinging deliveries.

Guys, please let me know which animations you think are missing. I'm going to try to compile a list and see what I can afford.

Thus far:

- fielder throwing ball in air
- batsman raising bat in celebration
- high fives celebration

Last edited:
High fives (or something similar) at FOW

@Ashu, I'm only doing bowler animations so far

Tea (I think) - Day 1

New Zealand - 62/2 (25 overs)

P Fulton c. N Compton b. G Swann 22 (53)
H Rutherford c. J Root b. S Broad 11 (18)
K Williamson not out 23 (54)
R Taylor not out 6 (25)

Bowling:

J Anderson 5-0-13-0
S Finn 5-0-14-0
S Broad 5-2-10-1
G Swann 7-1-15-1
J Trott 3-1-10-0

A good session from New Zealand after their top bowling performance. Anderson got the ball moving early but Fulton and Rutherford did well to survive the tough period before Rutherford got a leading edge trying to play the pull shot off Broad, and Root took the catch at cover. Swann then struck with the big wicket of Fulton as Compton took a good catch at short leg, as Fulton tried to flick it through mid-wicket but the ball popped up for Compton. Williamson had played a steady innings since though, not taking any risks and has really put New Zealand on top of this match.

----------

Crash with stumping.

RUN @ 2013-05-27 8:18:28 PM

VERSION: 2.597
PROFILE: kjh
PERMISSIONS MODE: True
PCPL MODE: False

STACK TRACE: at Cricket.Main.GameStateDeliver.ProcessInput(Single ms) in d:\Projects\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3\Cricket Heroes\Main\GameStateDeliver.cs:line 11730
at Cricket.Main.GameInstance.Loop() in d:\Projects\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3\Cricket Heroes\Main\GameInstance.cs:line 17720
at Cricket.Main.Game.Main(String[] args) in d:\Projects\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3\Cricket Heroes\Main\Game.cs:line 3989

Also, I think batsmen should be slightly quicker getting back to their crease for stumpings. Cause the keeper beat the batsman back with a pace bowler...

the fielding side always have the same field for both batsmen it seems. You should probably fix that up. (Taylor is currently 17* off 44 and has 4 men on the boundary because Williamson is hitting boundary after boundary at the other end).

Attached is the update. Still, not fully tested:

- field placement tweaks for test matches
- tweaked AI batting when defending/leaving
- tweaked cone batting to place ball more effectively
- run out/stumping crash fixes
- tweaked batsman to return to crease sooner

It may very well be buggy. If it is, just switch back to the previous version...

Attachments

• Patch-2.598.zip
    2 MB · Views: 11
uh, random crash.

RUN @ 2013-05-27 8:54:06 PM

VERSION: 2.597
PROFILE: kjh

MESSAGE: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

STACK TRACE: at Cricket.Main.GameStateDeliver.FindBest(Single ms, Boolean ignore) in d:\Projects\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3\Cricket Heroes\Main\GameStateDeliver.cs:line 3356
at Cricket.Main.GameStateDeliver.DoFielding(Single ms, Boolean update) in d:\Projects\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3\Cricket Heroes\Main\GameStateDeliver.cs:line 6957
at Cricket.Main.GameStateDeliver.UpdateFielders(Single ms) in d:\Projects\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3\Cricket Heroes\Main\GameStateDeliver.cs:line 9236
at Cricket.Main.GameStateDeliver.ProcessInput(Single ms) in d:\Projects\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3\Cricket Heroes\Main\GameStateDeliver.cs:line 18139
at Cricket.Main.GameInstance.Loop() in d:\Projects\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3\Cricket Heroes\Main\GameInstance.cs:line 17720
at Cricket.Main.Game.Main(String[] args) in d:\Projects\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3\Cricket Heroes\Main\Game.cs:line 3989

And just because I feel like im missing out :(
RUN @ 27/05/2013 8:55:20 PM

VERSION: 2.595
PROFILE: Ray

MESSAGE: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

STACK TRACE: at Cricket.Main.GameObject.GameObjectReplay.Tween(Vector3D a, Vector3D b, Single r) in d:\Projects\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3\Cricket Heroes\Main\GameObject\GameObject.cs:line 17
at Cricket.Main.GameObject.Player.SetReplay(Single idx) in d:\Projects\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3\Cricket Heroes\Main\GameObject\Player.cs:line 355
at Cricket.Main.GameStateReplay.ProcessInput(Single ms) in d:\Projects\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3\Cricket Heroes\Main\GameStateReplay.cs:line 434
at Cricket.Main.GameInstance.Loop() in d:\Projects\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3\Cricket Heroes\Main\GameInstance.cs:line 17719

----------

Kurt, the game has so much more atmosphere with the crowd sounds I have, it really makes it come alive :)... The one thing I've noticed though is the once I put the sounds in the game, it doesnt play smoothly... It always jumps about and stutters from time to time which kinda takes away from it... I'm using .ogg, are you using specific encoding?

@plexus: Nah, no specific encoding - can you send what you have (when you're happy with it) and I'll take a look. Might just be a caching issue or something.

@plexus: Nah, no specific encoding - can you send what you have (when you're happy with it) and I'll take a look. Might just be a caching issue or something.

Kurt, check your PM.

Put it into your game and see how you go :)

I'm sure we can go from there if you think its acceptable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread