Cricket Heroes - testing & feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.
also one more suggestion,In the team selection screen, plz show the number of players selected and also when we select more players instead of deselecting others show a notification that player limit exceeded remove some players so that one can keep track of whom he had selected and whom he had removed....

also one more suggestion,In the team selection screen, plz show the number of players selected and also when we select more players instead of deselecting others show a notification that player limit exceeded remove some players so that one can keep track of whom he had selected and whom he had removed....

Well as soon as the submit team or whatever button is clickable, you know you've reached the limit. But I agree you should say how many players have been selected.

Also I would suggest to add an extra screen which shows the players you've currently selected.

And I suggest that you put in a sort button in player selection (by name, batting and bowling, and keeper yes/no should be enough) to make it easier to select the team especially if it's England.

And I can't remember whether I suggested it for but a player search feature would be nice. If we could just ctrl f a player, it would be so much more easy to select a team quickly.

----------

and yeah, here's everything I've suggested that you haven't explicitly stated whether you've fixed, just so you don't have to search through :) (Note I haven't tried the new patch yet).

Suggestions:

Tournament Scenarios (And tournament and match scenarios i.e. finishing a match and then going on to win a series)

Player Sort Feature and Name Search in Squad/Team Selection

A second screen in squad/team selection to show the players currently selected and also a note of how many players have currently been selected

Needs Tweaking:

Too many bowled dismissals (Not sure whether this is what you fixed up by the "fixed bat/pad collisions". Same with it being hard to play yorkers.

Slightly easy to score runs off exceptional spinners when batsman are reasonably settled. Probably would make the quality of spinners make a bigger difference.

Bugs/Problems:

Team Selection for Exhibition Games

Batsmen Don't Play Certain Shots at all sometimes early in their innings (i.e. the batsmen will play forward defensive to a wide ball even though I keep hitting the cut shot button)

also btw, what the hell is with the random umpire #12?...

----------

England v New Zealand (being NZL)

2nd Test @ Headingly

England:

1. Alastair Cook*
2. Nick Compton
3. Jonathan Trott
4. Ian Bell
5. Joe Root
6. Jonny Bairstow
7. Matt Prior (wk)
8. Graeme Swann
9. Stuart Broad
10. James Anderson
11. Steven Finn

New Zealand:

1. Peter Fulton
2. Hamish Rutherford
3. Kane Williamson
4. Ross Taylor
5. Dean Brownlie
6. Martin Guptill
7. Brendon McCullum*+
8. Daniel Vettori
9. Tim Southee
10. Neil Wagner
11. Trent Boult

Conditions:

Temperature: 33C
Cloud Cover?: 0%
Wind: 13kph
Chance of Rain: 0%
Bounce: Medium (49)
Seam: Medium-High (62)
Swing: Very High (100)
Spin: Medium (49)

Toss: New Zealand won the toss and elected to bowl first

After the first match was washed out, both sides went into the second test unchanged. New Zealand won the toss on this occasion and sent England into bat, as Cook did to New Zealand in the first test. Would this decision prove to be the right one though?

also btw, what the hell is with the random umpire #12?...

----------

England v New Zealand (being NZL)

2nd Test @ Headingly

England:

1. Alastair Cook*
2. Nick Compton
3. Jonathan Trott
4. Ian Bell
5. Joe Root
6. Jonny Bairstow
7. Matt Prior (wk)
8. Graeme Swann
9. Stuart Broad
10. James Anderson
11. Steven Finn

New Zealand:

1. Peter Fulton
2. Hamish Rutherford
3. Kane Williamson
4. Ross Taylor
5. Dean Brownlie
6. Martin Guptill
7. Brendon McCullum*+
8. Daniel Vettori
9. Tim Southee
10. Neil Wagner
11. Trent Boult

Conditions:

Temperature: 33C
Cloud Cover?: 0%
Wind: 13kph
Chance of Rain: 0%
Bounce: Medium (49)
Seam: Medium-High (62)
Swing: Very High (100)
Spin: Medium (49)

Toss: New Zealand won the toss and elected to bowl first

After the first match was washed out, both sides went into the second test unchanged. New Zealand won the toss on this occasion and sent England into bat, as Cook did to New Zealand in the first test. Would this decision prove to be the right one though?

What difficulty are you playing on?

Pro obviously.

And kurt, I thought you said you fixed the fields up -_-

----------

okay, you can just go into the field editor and it swaps around anyway and you click okay and it's back to normal, lol.

----------

uh, Cook just got hit in the head from Boult and his settled meter gained... I think you changed something too dramatically.

:lol thats a confidence boost up.....
BTW, are u complaining or giving feedback???

----------

Ok for AI batting it should be more radical... like if there is a gap at mid wicket it should exploit that gap instead of hitting to covers or mid-off where there are 4 fielders...

giving feedback... Pretty sure I'm always giving feedback, lol. There's always bound to be some errors when kurt is tweaking a million things each update but there will be a time when all those errors are finally sorted.

----------

and kurt, what adjustments did you make to the AI batting cause well, am I playing England or am I just playing myself? (New Zealand). I've bowled well but this seems a little too easy.

----------

Lunch - Day 1

England - 83/5 (29 overs)

A. Cook b. N Wagner 25 (38)
N. Compton c. H Rutherford b. T Southee 5 (10)
J. Trott b. N Wagner 6 (33)
I. Bell c. H Rutherford b. N Wagner 8 (18)
J. Root not out 16 (42)
J. Bairstow lbw T Southee 4 (12)
M. Prior not out 18 (21)

Bowling:

T. Southee 11-4-29-2
T. Boult 9-1-32-0
N. Wagner 8-3-15-3
D. Vettori 1-0-7-0

Well it was all New Zealand. Southee and Wagner ripped through the English top order. Southee struck first, with some beautiful outswing bowling, Compton leaving a few alone, before Southee put one in a little straighter, and swung it away ever so slightly, much less than he had been previously, and Compton could only edge it to Rutherford at third slip. Wagner bowled out Cook and Trott with some incredible bowling, seemingly unplayable, although wasted both reviews trying to dismiss the two earlier. Joe Root survived despite being given out twice LBW, with Wagner and Boult taking his wicket before DRS overturned both decisions, pitching outside leg. Southee had no problem with his LBW though, as he hit Bairstow right in front of middle. Bell was the other wicket to fall, as Wagner's beautiful line and length bowling had Bell prodding at it, and Rutherford was there at third slip. Prior and Root have tried to make something out of nothing since though, already having put on 29 runs together, the highest partnership of the match.

Comments: Well I bowled well but it seems like it's way too easy to bowl with the new ball, or I just somehow can't get Root and Prior out now and you've just made the batting AI too weak. I think maybe the batsmen miss the ball a little too much, although not too sure since I don't really keep those kind of stats when watching actual games and don't really pay attention to the ones down leg that hit the pad but are no harm. So idk. I don't think the batsmen should 'exploit' gaps as ashu has said, especially in test cricket when obviously the gaps are there for the batsmen to try and play a stupid shot. But yeah, somewhere in between, like say for a gap at mid-wicket, if there's a ball on the stumps, they should actually try and direct it to mid-wicket, rather than just glance down to fine leg like they normally do.

Also, glances (to square leg) should be made a little stronger, I think off pace bowlers. Spinners, I think is fine. Root played two glances off Vettori that nearly went for four so it's not too bad. Anyway, watching the F1 now so I'll comment more later.

also to add the ball disappears as soon as fielder takes it....

----------

after watching f1 you will feel the lag in the game.... :p

@kurtkz: Crash after edging a delivery to the wicketkeeper (on version 2.597). Happens also off a stumping.

STACK TRACE: at Cricket.Main.GameStateDeliver.ProcessInput(Single ms) in d:\Projects\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3\Cricket Heroes\Main\GameStateDeliver.cs:line 11730
at Cricket.Main.GameInstance.Loop() in d:\Projects\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3\Cricket Heroes\Main\GameInstance.cs:line 17720
at Cricket.Main.Game.Main(String[] args) in d:\Projects\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3\Cricket Heroes\Main\Game.cs:line 3989

EDIT (a suggestion):
- Is it possible to show in the number of runs the team is leading/trailing by in the third innings of a first class/Test match and the target in the fourth innings (in the in-game scoreboard)?

Last edited:
Hi guys, I'm still working on the suggested changes. Should be ready tomorrow. In the meantime, Buko gave me the following info: they export their models to .X format from 3DSMax using the Panda exporter: Pandasoft

I have the xporter plugin better option and easy to use... Note: It also imports the files.....
xporter

----------

I can export x files but how to import them into the game....

Last edited:
@Ashu: It needs to be the one I posted above because it exports the file in a certain way.

EDIT: Can you send me your exported files so I can take a look at them please? They need to be exported in a certain way for them to work.

Ok will export them with Pandasoft one and send you btw anuimations are WIP

----------

How many animations are there... Ingame presently?? Stumps...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread