Cricket Heroes - testing & feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Paree: Great idea, I've set one up here.

@Pat: Thanks! I'll tweak it tomorrow and upload the patch.

@Markkkk: Looks like you'll need to install it somewhere else other than Program Files. That should do the trick.

@Xuzuno: Unforunately, that'll require a major rewrite of the simulation. Perhaps in a future version.

Hey guys,

just posted a quick patch:

Download

Changelog:

- made straight drive & on-drive easier to play
- tweaked default field friction
- rev counter text is animated
- tweaked close-in catches (should be less frequent now)

Cheers
K

Congratulations Kurt on the official release. All the hard work you put in finally is out as a finished product. Haven't downloaded the official release yet but will do it soon. I hope the keys which I got will work. Can't wait to start my cricket heroes career. :)

So I played a bit over the weekend

Im playing the beta version at the moment, alot of errors unfortunately, in a career mode, i can seem to play 2 games in a row without it crashing and getting an error, something to do with my color modes, i will post the error tonight

im finding batting extremely difficult, plus the setting and controls with the game pad extremely hard to get use too and set

for some reason, i have to use the right analog stick to play a shot, up is leg side and down is off side and left and right are blocks, its making it really hard to bat

this game is fantastic and the premise behind it is unreal, i want to commend you on your effort

i will keep plugging away and most likely buy the full version because of this career mode, but id really like to work the batting out, hopefully with time i can get it, but the errors is annoying, probaly wont buy the game until i work this error out and why it keeps crashing after i play a game in career mode

as a batting all rounder i have played 7 matches, taken 19 wickets at 7, and in 7 innings have made 5 runs with a top score of 5 with 6 ducks!! as i said, batting is proving to be extremely difficult!!

^^Have you tried lowering the difficulty level in Options menu?

Are you running the other league? If so, i need to make a special version for you. Will do so tomorrow or sunday at the latest.

no, same league but how to update our version. need an update for our version as well.

^^Have you tried lowering the difficulty level in Options menu?

i had it on normal i believe but i will double check it

I think it might be a case of just trying to get used to it

I didnt have a problem batting in the nets, but once in a game its a shambles

Yea, you will need some time to get used to the controls. I would say try batting for a few overs in Beginner and Easy mode to gain some confidence and sense of timing and then gradually up the difficulty level. Heck, after all this while, I still play on Easy mode (Difficulty level 2 of 5) :p

OK guys, can anyone give me a hand with this error?

RUN @ 12/08/2013 20:17:34

VERSION: 2.643
PROFILE: whiskas
PERMISSIONS MODE: True

MESSAGE: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

STACK TRACE: at Resources.Models.AnimatedModel.BeginRender(Boolean texturize) in d:\Projects\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3\Cricket Heroes\Resources\Model\AnimatedModel.cs:line 3139
at Resources.Models.AnimatedModel.Render3D(Vector3D rotate, Vector3D translate, Camera camera, String animation, Single frame, Boolean flipX, String prevAnimation, Int32 prevFrame, Single tweenTime) in d:\Projects\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3\Cricket Heroes\Resources\Model\AnimatedModel.cs:line 3546
at Cricket.Main.GameObject.Player.Render(Single ratio, Camera2D camera, Boolean isTest, GameInstance instance) in d:\Projects\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3\Cricket Heroes\Main\GameObject\Player.cs:line 4259
at Cricket.Main.GameInstance.Display(Single ratio) in d:\Projects\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3\Cricket Heroes\Main\GameInstance.cs:line 15278
at Cricket.Main.GameStateNewBatsman.ProcessVisual(Single ms, Single ms2) in d:\Projects\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3\Cricket Heroes\Main\GameStateNewBatsman.cs:line 168
at Cricket.Main.GameState.Update(Single ms, Single ms2) in d:\Projects\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3\Cricket Heroes\Main\GameState.cs:line 324
at Cricket.Main.GameStateChooseBatsman.ProcessInput(Single ms) in d:\Projects\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3\Cricket Heroes\Main\GameStateChooseBatsman.cs:line 399
at Cricket.Main.GameInstance.Loop() in d:\Projects\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3\Cricket Heroes\Main\GameInstance.cs:line 18222
at Cricket.Main.Game.Main(String[] args) in d:\Projects\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3\Cricket Heroes\Main\Game.cs:line 4241

After applying the latest patch, I'm having some trouble loading my career mode save file. I get the following error when trying to load it:

Code:
RUN @ 12/08/2013 22:46:58

VERSION: 2.645
PROFILE: Jeremy
PERMISSIONS MODE: False

STACK TRACE:    at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowKeyNotFoundException()
   at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.get_Item(TKey key)
   at Resources.Sprites.Spritesheet.BlitSpriteScale2D(String name, String animation, Int32 frame, Single x, Single y, Single w, Single h) in d:\Projects\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3\Cricket Heroes\Resources\Sprite\Spritesheet.cs:line 1017
   at Cricket.Main.GameStateBatsmanScorecard.ProcessVisual(Single ms, Single ms2) in d:\Projects\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3\Cricket Heroes\Main\GameStateBatsmanScorecard.cs:line 327
   at Cricket.Main.GameStateBatsmanScorecard.Show() in d:\Projects\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3\Cricket Heroes\Main\GameStateBatsmanScorecard.cs:line 64
   at Cricket.Main.GameInstance.AddState(GameState newState, Boolean ignoreAll) in d:\Projects\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3\Cricket Heroes\Main\GameInstance.cs:line 13039
   at Cricket.Main.GameStateResumeMenu.ProcessInput(Single ms) in d:\Projects\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3\Cricket Heroes\Main\GameStateResumeMenu.cs:line 344
   at Cricket.Main.GameInstance.Loop() in d:\Projects\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3\Cricket Heroes\Main\GameInstance.cs:line 18224
   at Cricket.Main.Game.Main(String[] args) in d:\Projects\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3\Cricket Heroes\Main\Game.cs:line 4283

No worries Kurt, I will try the patch, what is the best or your preferred method of installing patches so i know, if anyone could answer this id be much appreciated

I played 1 game last night before the crash, so after 8 games in the 20/20 league for victoria my stats are:

20 wickets @ 7.1
6 runs HS of 5 and 6 ducks...

I made a run last night so i am getting better..... slowly

Ive decided if i can get this error fixed, i am definetly purchasing this game, even tho i suck badly, i am still enjoying it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread