Cricket Heroes - testing & feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.
Every now and again the non-striker just wanders up the pitch aimlessly.[DOUBLEPOST=1424359513][/DOUBLEPOST]It seems to be my fifth over gets targeted every game now.

A 78 run 9th wicket partnership at better than a run a ball almost doubled their score[DOUBLEPOST=1424360278][/DOUBLEPOST]20 overs, 56 runs, 5 wickets. That's the equation and I'm on 5*

I nicked behind for 12 but we won by 3 wickets[DOUBLEPOST=1424360612][/DOUBLEPOST]Successfully into the test series

Went to skip the first game (not including my team)
Code:
RUN @ 20/02/2015 01:43:17

DEMO: False
VERSION: 2.781
PROFILE: dancingmongoose
PERMISSIONS MODE: True

MESSAGE: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

STACK TRACE:    at Cricket.Main.GameInstance.StartNextGame(GameInstance instance, String pool, Int32 level, Boolean sim) in c:\Users\Soham\Desktop\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3\Cricket Heroes\Main\GameInstance.cs:line 5623
   at Cricket.Main.GameInstance.StartNextGame(GameInstance instance, String pool, Int32 level, Boolean sim) in c:\Users\Soham\Desktop\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3\Cricket Heroes\Main\GameInstance.cs:line 5722
   at Cricket.Main.GameStateTournamentView.ProcessSim() in c:\Users\Soham\Desktop\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3\Cricket Heroes\Main\GameStateTournamentView.cs:line 1275
   at Cricket.Main.GameStateTournamentView.ProcessInput(Single ms) in c:\Users\Soham\Desktop\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3\Cricket Heroes\Main\GameStateTournamentView.cs:line 704
   at Cricket.Main.GameInstance.Loop() in c:\Users\Soham\Desktop\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3\Cricket Heroes\Main\GameInstance.cs:line 21815
   at Cricket.Main.Game.Main(String[] args) in c:\Users\Soham\Desktop\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3\Cricket Heroes\Main\Game.cs:line 5634

@kurtkz
Yea tried that , it looks like my laptop has customized version of Intel HD 4000 and 2013 is the latest version of that driver which I already installed ,I tried installing generic driver but so far havent succeed it yet.

One thing I would like to see improved is the hit detection (bat and ball) currently there can be a foot difference b/w bat and bowl and batsmen still manages to play a shot. This is a major worry for me, Can you fix it soon?

BTW Is outswing random in this game now? I played an earlier version (about an year ago) where we can manually select offcutter/legcutter and swing , but now i get to see a 3d bowl and control seam direction , so how to bowl offcutter and outswinger with this 3d bowl? (New controls looks more intriguing though)

Last edited:
@Allrounder18 you point the seam the way you wish the ball to go, just like in real cricket.

Although on the topic, as a spinner I can spin the ball both ways varying amounts at various speeds, but how do I bowl a completely different variation like the flipper or the slider?

@Allrounder18: Unfortunately, because of the 3D models I'm using I need to have bigger hit boxes - otherwise you'll end up missing most wide deliveries. I'll see if I can tighten up the collision detection, but I don't think I'll be able to get make it 100% tight.

You have control over cutters and swing - you just need to change your grip on the ball. If you point the ball to 1st slip and your bowler can swing the ball (check his stats) and you pitch it up and the pitch conditions are conducive to swing, you'll swing the ball.[DOUBLEPOST=1424416650][/DOUBLEPOST]@dancingmongoose: Hmm, can't remember how I handled flippers and sliders...I'm not sure if it's possible to do with the current bowling system. For the flipper try holding the ball cross-seam and putting some top spin on it?

So most of the changes are ready for the patch, but I'd like to see how far I get with the Hub before I upload:

- online profiles working again (with forgot password functionality)
- extras ball count option for commentary
- tweaked AI batting aggression (should play more varied shots)
- tweaked batting ever so slightly
- fixed crash bug on career mode when playing FC (I think - @dancingmongoose could I get your saved game again please?)
- fixed end of match commentary for pitch condition summary
- added support for multiple data folders (can be selected from Launcher)
- added link to online leaderboards in Profile view

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread