Cricket Heroes - testing & feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.
I go to youth group every second friday. That's almost the entirety of my social life. I've got a friend I go to the nets with every now and again but that's it.[DOUBLEPOST=1424954955][/DOUBLEPOST]HAHAHA there's the wicket, went for the square drive and straight to third slip at chest height

@dancingmongoose: Hmm, I need to add diving forward for slips (I think I have it disabled at the moment). Will just use the existing dive animation though so it's going to look...weird. I think once all these changes are done, I'll start investing some time in making proper animation and model importers.

@Allrounder18: I've been pushing it on FB and Twitter. Managed to get set up with PayPal and an online game store (itch.io). Even started a little Tumblr blog to post in-game animations. Not much has changed :( If you have any insights I'm happy to hear it.[DOUBLEPOST=1424955129][/DOUBLEPOST]@dancingmongoose: That's not bad, actually :) You play any club cricket?

@Allrounder18: Thanks for the kind words :) Updated gfx is only really possible if I can find someone to volunteer it. Money is tight :P

Nah no club cricket atm, parents never let me play club sports growing up so I've not really bothered, I still go to the nets but the closest club's training starts too early for me to get there after work. Just waiting until I move out before I start living life, I'm just so used to being constricted I don't even try. I'm hoping to go to Adelaide over the Christmas break to visit @alexczarn so I might get some club time down there

The only way to market this game is to have pretty graphics ,casual gamers dont want deep gameplay they just want pretty graphics and this can be the main selling point. India have a good market why not make deal with some local Indian company so that they can provide you the budget for updating graphics and then you can sell the game there.

I've noticed that when it's wide too often the AI goes for a defensive block. They really should be either attacking or leaving these

@dancingmongoose: You're in for an awesome adventure when you move out on your own. Did it when I was 18 and never looked back (I do visit the parentals every so often though) :)

Cool, I'll take a look at that wide issue. It should be playing the leave animation, so definitely a bug.

@Allrounder18: The problem is I have no idea how or who to contact. I've tried several agencies here in SA and got no response. Also tried EA (they said at one point that they'd be willing to sponsor indie sports games) and got no response.

Try convince them by showing the unique aspects of your game i-e Player Traits , Player Career mode ,Team Career mode ,Simulation Mode ,Pickup and Play ,The fact the cricstan ,pakpassion and planetcricket uses your game etc.

Zapak did Cricket Revolution didn't they? I've seen them somewhere before

I know Mindstorms made it, I thought Zapak had something to do with it. Maybe I'm wrong but they've done something recentlyish

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread