Cricket Heroes - testing & feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's rich, someone must be eating dark chocolate again...

Observations from the latest update

Very laggy.
Incorrect bowler being selected bug still exists. No way I was taking Starc off after taking 3 wickets with his first 2 overs for Faulkner. And I've tried to bring him back on but it's decided to bowl Johnson instead. Grr.
When a not out lbw is reviewed and the batsmen went for a run, instead of showing the batsman and the shot played it just shows a batsman off to the side of the crease. I suspect the shot animation is playing, but the batsman who was on strike happens to be at the other end. Not that it mattered in the end, that yorker was always cannoning into middle stump and I have no idea why the umpire didn't give it out on field
Ross Taylor took 14 balls to get off the mark so realism is good
Batsmen seem to run faster than fielders. Don't think that's right
Fielders behind square still don't seem to like staying where they've been told to. They also like walking in with the bowler, but instead of doing it properly they just moonwalk backwards on the spot

ok lets keep it civil guys.

@dancingmongoose: i'll see if i can block off some time today to look at this bugs.

@Allrounder18: there's no rush to get the mocap started :) whenever you get your kinect is fine. mine should be arriving on tuesday only. ive use quite literally the worst courier service ever.

Ok I think the lagging might be on my end, yet to test though, but my laptop was on a power saver setting. I'll get back to you later on that

Cool, I'll check it out as well. I only manage to get lag when on power saving mode, but maybe there's a setting I can change. Might also get a cheap Atom tablet to play around with since there's a special on them atm.

Almost done with the fixes for the issues you raised earlier. Also implemented night watchmen for the AI. Not sure why I didn't think of that before.

Ok, some quick fixes. Will check it out properly later. Family time.

- improved cloud textures
- tweaked grass texture
- AI now chooses a nightwatchman if it's appropriate
- fixed bug where wrong batsman is shown during LBW review after taking a run
- fixed bug in bowler selection

Ok, some quick fixes. Will check it out properly later. Family time.

1423513675105.jpg

Yep definitely power saver, running like a well oiled machine now (albeit a little too fast, gotta tone that down)

Ok guys here is some update regarding kinect mocap for this game.
1)Using single kinect has its limitations as one can only rotate his legs and arms to 40-45 degrees
2)It will requires a bit of cleanup work in order to get workable animations
3)It will definitely gonna produce better animations than the current animations

So stay tuned you might see something better hopefully by next month.

Hmm, had a look at the results and it's *very* messy. I'm going to have a look at the recording process as soon as my cable arrives, but it looks like it's going to take ages to turn this into viable animations :(

Here's a question though, when I did animations, like what, 2 years back? we couldn't get the file formatted correctly so it didn't work. What are you doing differently here?

I still have no idea why the bone animation wouldn't export properly :( I'm changing the model import pipeline though - I'll be exporting from Blender to a file format that doesn't use bones at all. Something like MD2 should be fine and that'll sort out the issue.

Yup, it worked, but the bone rotation was very erratic :( Will wait for your updated BVH file before I test again. Hopefully my cable arrives tomorrow so I can also test on my side.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread