Cricket Heroes - testing & feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.
@DM: Nah, it's brown/yellow now. Wanted to do something with a higher contrast since the previous one strained my eyes :P

EDIT: I'll make some more schemes and you guys can decide which you like best...

It's not bad now that I'm starting to get used to it. The nets the bowlers run in wayyy too fast (which btw I can run fine, on Win7 64bit). I don't see my leg spin animation though :(

@DM: I haven't imported the leg spin animation yet. Will do that for the next update :)

EDIT: I also need to update the roster editor to let you select bowler animations for each player.

EDIT: I also need to update the roster editor to let you select bowler animations for each player.

Yah kinda, I've slightly deprioritised the slinger animation because I thought 'hey, you can only use the stock animation.'

@italy128 are you using win8? 64 or 32 bit? What are your settings that it works for you?

@dutchad 64 bit.

----------

@Ashu: I don't know if I'll be able to do any more optimizations without rewriting the entire engine. I'll take a look, but it's unlikely to happen. Have you updated your gfx card drivers? Also, I'll add the simulation options to the menu.

@itay: Thanks, I'll take a look again. Not sure why the new pitch isn't appearing...

@kurtkz: Just to add, the changes don't occur too when removing pitches.

EDIT: I think I know why the changes aren't occurring!

Last edited:
@itay: Dutchad has a different problem. His game doesn't even start anymore :/

@kurtkz: Oops... I thought he was referring to the pitches problem. :facepalm
Regarding the pitches problem, I think the wrong pitches.bdb file is being read (just from seeing the modification time attribute, it's reading the one in the folder where I stored the game files instead of the one in the %APPDATA/CricketHeroes folder)

Last edited:
@itay: Hehe, no worries - he also has Win8 64bit but his game doesn't start anymore. It did start previously but only the menus worked, nothing else.

Yeah, I figured that might be the problem with the editors. It's supposed to check the APPDATA folder first before checking the game folder. I'll fix it up in a bit.

Well guys looks like I am just having to leave this ship......just cannot get it to work at all. Good luck with the project Kurt and dont worry about my problem...it is my computer and not your game.

Well guys looks like I am just having to leave this ship......just cannot get it to work at all. Good luck with the project Kurt and dont worry about my problem...it is my computer and not your game.

@dutchad: In re-answering your question regarding the security settings, I didn't change any settings (since I'm running the game as an administrator)

EDIT: Hang on, I did turn off User Account Control (if that helps)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread