Cricket Heroes - testing & feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys, I've made another patch (2.593). This one should hopefully fix the speed issue. It also includes more debugging data when starting up the game. When you start the game now, it'll pop up a little window that tells you exactly what is happening. If you're struggling to open the game, this should help me locate why...

Attachments

• Patch-2.593.zip
    3 MB · Views: 6
Works fine for me except that the speeds have become way too less. To give a perspective, Very Fast is same as Normal in older versions.

Sorry to say but leg side shots are still difficult to play. On drive and leg glance are almost impossible to play unless you get your batsman significantly inside the line of the ball which feels very wrong. If the batsman is standing on leg stump and ball is pitched on middle, there is no chance you can play the on-drive. Also, nearly impossible to connect leg glance.

Also, I noticed that when you play a shot, whether or not your ball crosses the boundary line is directly related to the game speed. On Slow, shots stop significantly before the boundary line whereas on Fast/Very Fast, the same shot (with the same timing, on the same ground, in the same match) consistently crosses the boundary line.

Hmm, it might not be using the update shots.bdb file...could you clear out %APPDATA%\Cricket Heroes\data please? I'll fix up the ball slowing down too. Don't know how I missed that one earlier.

Hi Pat, do you mind testing the attached patch please? Hopefully this'll resolve the speed issue (fingers crossed). I've also extended the collision width for the on-drive. I've tried playing leg glances standing on leg stump and it seems to work. I think if anything I might need to increase the maximum height at which it can be played?

Attachments

• Patch-2.593.zip
    3 MB · Views: 6
Yep, it was APPDATA! Leg glance seem to be fine now but no luck yet with on-drives. Also, it says Challenges are not compatible with this version for default challenges.

----------

Tried your latest patch and yes, it works. On-drives are much easier to play. I was playing the Slog mode which makes batting easy but I assume on-drive should be equally easy in other modes as well. Great job.

Excellent! Thanks, Pat. I'll extend the on drive hit box a little and see if that helps. Yeah, the challenges are bust at the moment. I need to recreate them using the challenge tool. I'm going to set aside some time this week to do that.

That manual looks good. Should help the new users immensely. :thumbs

Thanks Pat :) I really wish I had taken some kind of DTP course though.I still need to do TONS of work on it though. It's missing career mode, tournaments, series, challenges, an FAQ, tips, troubleshooting and how to use the editors.

Speaking of challenges - I'm going to make it possible for the player to select which side to play as.

Hehe, yeah, sorry it's taken so long guys. I just wanted to nail down the UI and all the features. Now that those are more or less done, I can focus on the everything else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread