Cricket Heroes - testing & feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe he was referring to me making a model importer available for modding.

Perhaps I was not abiding by my own Golden Rule of actually reading things properly before posting...........we will never know.........

@Dutchad: Well played :)

@Ashu: I don't know if I'll have time for that. The importer expects .x files at the moment and that's probably how it's going to stay. I'm just waiting on word from Buko now as to how they exported the models.

Kurt, I've emailed you an error I received last night when simming with two created teams. Be sure to check it. Thanks :)

Tea - Day 1

New Zealand - 160/6 (59 overs)

P Fulton b. J Anderson 13 (31)
H Rutherford c. + Prior b. J Anderson 4 (10)
K Williamson b. S Finn 24 (62)
R Taylor c. N Compton b. G Swann 57 (137)
D Brownlie c. N Compton b. J Root 24 (51)
M Guptill b. J Anderson 4 (7)
B McCullum not out 25 (50)
D Vettori not out 5 (6)

Bowling:

J Anderson 15-4-25-3
S Finn 10-1-37-1
S Broad 15-3-42-0
G Swann 14-2-38-1
J Root 5-1-14-1

Taylor batted well for his fifty, and Brownlie added solid support as they tried to rebuild for New Zealand but two quick wickets as Brownlie was caught at short leg off Root before Anderson's yorker got through Guptill put England right back on top. Taylor who had struggled since reaching fifty, ended up popping the ball up for Compton off Swann and New Zealand only had McCullum and Vettori remaining. McCullum has looked good so far though and he'll be looking to put some sort of total up for New Zealand.

Comments: Just having some problems with the batting. When players have very low settled meters, they seem to not like to play shots. I mean I'll play a cut shot, but the batsman will just play a forward defensive shot and miss it by a mile. Same with the on drive and other shots. So I'd get that fixed up.

And I sort the settled meter had been fixed, but then Taylor missed two shots off Joe Root in a row and his settled meter went from 60% to 0% and from then, he just couldn't hit the ball. (He was 50 off 100 and only scored 7 in his next 37 balls). So you really need to start getting that fixed up. And yeah, you need to make it a bit more interesting than 5 over spells for the bowlers.

----------

It is still WAY too hard to play yorkers.

New Zealand - 212 all out (73.4 overs)

P Fulton b. J Anderson 13 (31)
H Rutherford c. + Prior b. J Anderson 4 (10)
K Williamson b. S Finn 24 (62)
R Taylor c. N Compton b. G Swann 57 (137)
D Brownlie c. N Compton b. J Root 24 (51)
M Guptill b. J Anderson 4 (7)
B McCullum c. J Bairstow b. G Swann 66 (100)
D Vettori c. N Compton b. S Finn 5 (8)
T Southee run out (J Trott) 9 (31)
N Wagner c. N Compton b. J Anderson 1 (3)
T Boult not out 1 (2)

Bowling:

J Anderson 18.4-4-36-4
S Finn 15-1-45-2
S Broad 15-3-42-0
G Swann 20-2-71-2
J Root 5-1-14-1

Well it was McCullum who showed his class, taking a liking to Swann in particular as he smashed 9 boundaries in his 66, to help New Zealand to a slightly more respectable 212. It was Compton who made the highlight of the day with a miraculous diving catch at third slip, off Finn to dismiss Vettori. James Anderson finished the innings off with 4 wickets, as Wagner went chasing a wide one and again Compton took his fourth catch of the innings with a slightly more regulation slips catch.

Comments: Not really anything new, seems like it's a bit too easy to score runs off spinners, especially when a batsman is well settled. I guess that's not too bad since that happens a lot irl, but I still think it's a bit eh since it's Swann. I don't know whether it was just McCullum and his class :p but yeah, something to note.

----------

I thought you had fields sorted out. When I bring on a new bowler, the fields are opposite -_- So I need to change it completely and swap my leg slips to actual slips

Woot! The amazing effect of Mesh Smooth:
beautifulf.jpg

I could use smoothing groups though, and my initial tests look good, but it seems to break the skinning :facepalm
Actually, no seems to be working! See results (ignore everything but the face cause for some reason the face is the only thing mapping correctly)
beforesmooth.jpg
aftersmooth.jpg

Massive difference.

On a slightly related side note, can you assign faces with the player editor? Would be nice to put Ponting's face on Ponting, for example.

@hedger: Thanks for the feedback, I'll take care of those issues now. What field setting are you using at the moment? (basic/intermediate/advanced)

@DM: That looks great :) I'm still waiting on a reply from Buko as to how they exported their models with the transformation matrices intact. As soon as I know, I'll pass it on.

Also, yeah, you can assign faces in the player editor. At the moment the faces are numbered, but if you like I can make it have unique names? In the models folder, you'll see some face textures. Just copy and paste and rename it to facex (where x is the number) and you'll be able to use it.

If you want to be able to see what it will look like ingame, run the Texture Preview tool. Whenever you make a change to the face texture and save it, it'll update the display in the tool.

Yeah, found that. But those PNGs are giving me hell, hold on, think I just got something going now. And numbers are fine with me

----------

Editor won't let me give any number other than 0 or 1

----------

Oooh a crash
Code:
RUN @ 24/05/2013 11:59:29 PM

VERSION: 2.59
PROFILE: N/A
PERMISSIONS MODE: False
PCPL MODE: False

STACK TRACE:    at System.Drawing.Bitmap..ctor(String filename)
   at Cricket.Main.GameObject.Player.UpdateSheets()
   at Cricket.Main.Preview.ProcessVisual(Single ms, Single ms2)
   at Cricket.Main.GameInstance.Loop()
   at Cricket.Main.Game.Main(String[] args)

Thats in the texture preview thing

Bugger, I locked the roster editor down to 0/1. I'll fix it up quickly and post an update for it.

Do you remember at what point the texture previewer crashed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread