Cricket Heroes - testing & feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.
@kurtkz: Got this error log after the 10th wicket falls in the third innings of a Test match

STACK TRACE: at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowKeyNotFoundException()
at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.get_Item(TKey key)
at Cricket.Main.GameStateFallOfWicket.ProcessVisual(Single ms, Single ms2) in d:\Projects\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3\Cricket Heroes\Main\GameStateFallOfWicket.cs:line 998
at Cricket.Main.GameInstance.Loop() in d:\Projects\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3\Cricket Heroes\Main\GameInstance.cs:line 17750
at Cricket.Main.Game.Main(String[] args) in d:\Projects\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3\Cricket Heroes\Main\Game.cs:line 4026

Hmm, odd I'll take a look at the function again. I think the built-in rand function is biased towards lower values. I'll see if I can't ramp the value up; if that fails I'll implement a Guassian rand function.

----------

@itay: Do you remember how the batsman was out?

Hi guys,

just a small update:

Patch

Full

- tweaks to speed variation
- tweaks to full length bowling (seam & spin)
- fixed waist high full toss no-balls
- tweaked AI batting against full tosses

Cheers
K

Only ODI: Netherlands v Ireland @ The Oval

Netherlands:

1. Stephan Myburgh
2. Eric Szwarczynski
3. Alexei Kervezee
4. Wesley Barresi+
5. Ryan ten Doeschate
6. Michael Swart
7. Peter Borren*
8. Mudassar Bukhari
9. Pieter Seelaar
10. Timm van der Gugten
11. Ahsan Malik

Ireland:

1. William Porterfield*
2. Paul Stirling
3. Ed Joyce
4. Niall O'Brien
5. Kevin O'Brien
6. Gary Wilson+
7. Alex Cusack
8. Tim Murtagh
9. Trent Johnston
10. George Dockrell
11. Boyd Rankin

Toss: Ireland won the toss and elected to field first

Netherlands - 96/1 (20 overs)

S Myburgh c. A Cusack b. T Johnston 10 (20)
E Szwarczynski not out 36 (57)
A Kervezee not out 33 (43)

Extras 17 (1 b, 16 lb)

Bowling:

T Murtagh 5-0-23-0
T Johnston 5-0-16-1
A Cusack 5-0-19-0
B Rankin 3-0-11-0
G Dockrell 2-1-10-0

Comments:

Balance seems pretty good. Maybe too hard to glance the ball still with a lot of leg byes down to fine leg. Also maybe when it hits the pad, it shouldn't go down to fine leg as often, since if it hits the pad, it seems to always go down to fine leg. And focus pretty much decreases too much since I find it pointless to block so many balls in the short formats :p So might want to fix that up. Still need to fix up focus resetting to full when loading a game. And also, a note from before that you stlil haven't fixed which is when a lot of the time, the batsman doesn't play a shot even if you select one. Most often, it's the cut shot but others as well.

----------

and stamina really declines too quickly imo.

Hmm, odd I'll take a look at the function again. I think the built-in rand function is biased towards lower values. I'll see if I can't ramp the value up; if that fails I'll implement a Guassian rand function.

----------

@itay: Do you remember how the batsman was out?

@kurtkz: Can't remember... either it was a nick to the keeper or LBW.

EDIT: A few bugs I just noticed, the bowler selection screen comes up when resuming a game (even though the game was saved in the middle of an over) and the number of incorrect DRS decisions allowed resets when resuming a game.

Last edited:
btw, when there's 4 overthrows, it counts as 5 runs to the batsman on strike (the batsmen ran a single) but the guy who hit it is still on strike, instead of the batsman that didn't face the previous ball.

----------

Netherlands - 204/5 (40 overs)

E Szwarczynski c. K O'Brien b. T Murtagh 42 (73)
A Kervezee run out (T Murtagh) 53 (65)
W Barresi b. G Dockrell 26 (20)
R ten Doeschate b. G Dockrell 2 (7)
M Swart not out 28 (34)
P Borren not out 23 (21)

Extras 20 (1 b, 19 lb)

Bowling:

T Murtagh 8-0-39-1
T Johnston 8-0-29-1
A Cusack 6-0-22-0
B Rankin 6-0-28-0
G Dockrell 9-1-48-2
K O'Brien 3-0-18-0

Maybe make it a touch easier to score boundaries. Only 8 boundaries in the innings including 2 sixes. But make it a touch harder to bat in the process to make up for that, cause I'm scoring at a good rate, but I'm getting an easy 5 runs an over from just scoring singles and 2's out to the boundary so just make it a touch harder to bat in general and then make it slightly easier to score boundaries.

----------

Netherlands - 277/7 (50 overs)

E Szwarczynski c. K O'Brien b. T Murtagh 42 (73)
A Kervezee run out (T Murtagh) 53 (65)
W Barresi b. G Dockrell 26 (20)
R ten Doeschate b. G Dockrell 2 (7)
M Swart not out 71 (66)
P Borren c. E Joyce b. A Cusak 35 (32)
M Bukhari c. T Johnston b. T Murtagh 11 (16)
P Seelaar not out 1 (1)

Extras 26 (1 b, 25 lb)

Bowling:

T Murtagh 10-0-52-2
T Johnston 9-0-38-1
A Cusack 9-0-44-1
B Rankin 9-0-44-0
G Dockrell 10-1-55-2
K O'Brien 3-0-18-0

An explosion at the end from Borren to start off with, before Swart picked up from his skipper, who was caught on the boundary as Netherlands finished with a very respectable 277, scoring 73 runs from the last 10 overs. The boundaries picked up as well as Swart hit a six over fine leg and cover, while playing boundaries in front of the wicket as well as another nice glance off Dockrell to the backward square boundary. He finished with 9 boundaries in the end, a very nice effort.

Okay, well I think boundaries are easy enough to score when a batsman is settled but maybe still a little difficult when not.

Thanks guys :)

To summarise, these are the issues:

- DRS decisions reset on resumption
- make it easier to score boundaries - could this be done by making it easier to get "PERFECT" timing? or should the settled bar increase faster?
- is 4 overthrows not treated the same as a normal boundary?
- check bowler selection screen coming up on resumption
- check leg byes
- make stamina decline slower (is that for batsmen/bowlers?)
- make it more difficult to get edges depending on difficulty level
- adjust late cut shot parameters

Is that right?

Last edited:
I know you love these Kurt, so heres another one:
RUN @ 4/06/2013 2:54:10 PM

VERSION: 2.61
PROFILE: Raymond
PERMISSIONS MODE: False

MESSAGE: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

STACK TRACE: at Cricket.Main.GameStateVersus.RenderFlag(Single x1, Single y1, Int32 size, Single[][][]& point1, String t1, Single& timer1, Single ms) in d:\Projects\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3\Cricket Heroes\Main\GameStateVersus.cs:line 111
at Cricket.Main.GameStateVersus.ProcessVisual(Single ms, Single ms2) in d:\Projects\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3\Cricket Heroes\Main\GameStateVersus.cs:line 358
at Cricket.Main.GameInstance.Loop() in d:\Projects\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3\Cricket Heroes\Main\GameInstance.cs:line 17865
at Cricket.Main.Game.Main(String[] args) in d:\Projects\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3\Cricket Heroes\Main\Game.cs:line 4027

Went to start a quick match, got to the 'Whos won the toss screen' after picking heads and it said ". Has won the toss" then crashed

@plexus: Thanks :) Looks like it's trying to use a team that doesn't have a flag. I'll add some extra checks to make sure that doesn't happen :)

One thing i've noticed since youve added the ambient noise slider, even when its at 100%, you can still hardly hear it... Compared to the clapping you get when theres a wicket taken, its hardly noticeable

Ireland - 105/6 (20 overs)

W Porterfield lbw T van der Gugten 20 (22)
P Stirling b. A Malik 13 (18)
E Joyce c. T van der Gugten b. A Malik 3 (9)
N O'Brien c. A Kervezee b. T van der Gugten 3 (5)
K O'Brien c. P Borren b. P Seelaar 24 (24)
G Wilson not out 26 (28)
A Cusack b. P Seelaar 8 (14)
T Murtagh not out 0 (0)

Extras: 8 (1 wd, 7 lb)

Bowling:

M Bukhari 3-0-21-0
A Malik 6-0-20-2
T van der Gugten 6-0-35-2
P Seelaar 4-0-14-2
R ten Doeschate 1-0-8-0

All Netherlands with the ball despite a solid start from the Irish openers who took a liking to Bukhari, but Malik kept things tight down the other end and his hard work was rewarded with the wickets of Stirling and Joyce. van der Gugten was slightly expensive but did the job he was asked to do, taking the huge wicket of the Irish captain, before Niall O'Brien edged VDG to slip. Seelaar has come on and done well with the ball, Kevin O'Brien getting a beauty from him, and he couldn't do anything except get a little edge on it and Borren took a comfortable catch at slip and a wicket right on the 20 over mark has really put Netherlands right on top.

Comments: Like the challenge of bowling, but maybe a little too rewarding :p The start was difficult, had to bowl very tactically to keep the runs down but yeah, just got the wickets maybe a touch too regularly. I think you need to keep the scoring rate around the same as it is now (on pro at least) but maybe make it a touch harder to take wickets, in some way or another. Also, the batsman are really predictable against seam bowling. They just play down to third man 80% of the time. Yeah, they're playing smart picking the gaps but it's just too much... And I want to bring a man inside the circle but I don't want to risk giving boundaries away down there :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread