Cricket Heroes - testing & feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think have already mentioned it in a PM but it looks like I have 'exceeded the install license count' (after entering the provided registration key).

Net practice doesn't start

Attempted to go to net practice but game crashes straight after clicking 'Net Practice'

VERSION: 2.677
PROFILE: Ian
PERMISSIONS MODE: True

STACK TRACE: at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowKeyNotFoundException()
at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.get_Item(TKey key)
at Cricket.Main.BatsmanStatistics.Read(String name, StreamReader dat) in c:\Users\Soham\Desktop\Cricket Heroesv3D - scaling & networking\Cricket Heroesv3D - scaling & networking\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3\Cricket Heroes\Main\Statistics\BatsmanStatistics.cs:line 1285
at Cricket.Main.InningStatistics.Read(StreamReader dat) in c:\Users\Soham\Desktop\Cricket Heroesv3D - scaling & networking\Cricket Heroesv3D - scaling & networking\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3\Cricket Heroes\Main\Statistics\InningStatistics.cs:line 2059
at Cricket.Main.GameInstance.Read(StreamReader dat) in c:\Users\Soham\Desktop\Cricket Heroesv3D - scaling & networking\Cricket Heroesv3D - scaling & networking\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3\Cricket Heroes\Main\GameInstance.cs:line 9482
at Cricket.Main.GameInstance.LoadGame(String filename, Boolean test, PracticeMode pmode) in c:\Users\Soham\Desktop\Cricket Heroesv3D - scaling & networking\Cricket Heroesv3D - scaling & networking\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3\Cricket Heroes\Main\GameInstance.cs:line 8311
at Cricket.Main.GameStateNetPractice.ProcessInput(Single ms) in c:\Users\Soham\Desktop\Cricket Heroesv3D - scaling & networking\Cricket Heroesv3D - scaling & networking\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3\Cricket Heroes\Main\GameStateNetPractice.cs:line 64
at Cricket.Main.GameInstance.Loop() in c:\Users\Soham\Desktop\Cricket Heroesv3D - scaling & networking\Cricket Heroesv3D - scaling & networking\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3\Cricket Heroes\Main\GameInstance.cs:line 19000
at Cricket.Main.Game.Main(String[] args) in c:\Users\Soham\Desktop\Cricket Heroesv3D - scaling & networking\Cricket Heroesv3D - scaling & networking\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3\Cricket Heroes\Main\Game.cs:line 4409

Fudgesickle. I must not have updated the nets file after changing the file format. I'll fix it up tonight and reupload. Sorry, again!

Crash during quick match simulation

Crashed after completing simulation on a ODI quick match

VERSION: 2.677

MESSAGE: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

STACK TRACE: at Cricket.Main.GameInstance.Display(Single ratio) in c:\Users\Soham\Desktop\Cricket Heroesv3D - scaling & networking\Cricket Heroesv3D - scaling & networking\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3\Cricket Heroes\Main\GameInstance.cs:line 17200
at Cricket.Main.GameInstance.Loop() in c:\Users\Soham\Desktop\Cricket Heroesv3D - scaling & networking\Cricket Heroesv3D - scaling & networking\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3\Cricket Heroes\Main\GameInstance.cs:line 18893
at Cricket.Main.Game.Main(String[] args) in c:\Users\Soham\Desktop\Cricket Heroesv3D - scaling & networking\Cricket Heroesv3D - scaling & networking\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3\Cricket Heroes\Main\Game.cs:line 4409

Hi Kurt - hope all is well!

I purchased Cricket Heroes a while back and enjoyed it a lot - fun little game! I built a new PC in January and hadn't got round to playing it again though (so many games in my Steam library!), but the release of DBC has got me interested in cricket again.

Good to see you're still working on Cricket Heroes, and I'll be sure to give the latest version a go this weekend! :thumbs

Still getting a crash when trying to go to net practice...
VERSION: 2.678

STACK TRACE: at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowKeyNotFoundException()
at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.get_Item(TKey key)
at Cricket.Main.BatsmanStatistics.Read(String name, StreamReader dat) in c:\Users\Soham\Desktop\Cricket Heroesv3D - scaling & networking\Cricket Heroesv3D - scaling & networking\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3\Cricket Heroes\Main\Statistics\BatsmanStatistics.cs:line 1285
at Cricket.Main.InningStatistics.Read(StreamReader dat) in c:\Users\Soham\Desktop\Cricket Heroesv3D - scaling & networking\Cricket Heroesv3D - scaling & networking\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3\Cricket Heroes\Main\Statistics\InningStatistics.cs:line 2059
at Cricket.Main.GameInstance.Read(StreamReader dat) in c:\Users\Soham\Desktop\Cricket Heroesv3D - scaling & networking\Cricket Heroesv3D - scaling & networking\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3\Cricket Heroes\Main\GameInstance.cs:line 9482
at Cricket.Main.GameInstance.LoadGame(String filename, Boolean test, PracticeMode pmode) in c:\Users\Soham\Desktop\Cricket Heroesv3D - scaling & networking\Cricket Heroesv3D - scaling & networking\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3\Cricket Heroes\Main\GameInstance.cs:line 8311
at Cricket.Main.GameStateNetPractice.ProcessInput(Single ms) in c:\Users\Soham\Desktop\Cricket Heroesv3D - scaling & networking\Cricket Heroesv3D - scaling & networking\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3\Cricket Heroes\Main\GameStateNetPractice.cs:line 64
at Cricket.Main.GameInstance.Loop() in c:\Users\Soham\Desktop\Cricket Heroesv3D - scaling & networking\Cricket Heroesv3D - scaling & networking\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3\Cricket Heroes\Main\GameInstance.cs:line 19004

Still getting the license error as well.

@itay128: Hmm, I think I might playing with a different player roster then...will fix that up ASAP. I'll take a look at the licence issue quickly.

I'm using the roster with the proper names spelt correctly... would that cause an issue with net practice?

I'm using the roster with the proper names spelt correctly... would that cause an issue with net practice?

Yup :) I'll have to fix that up - will do so later tonight. In the meantime, there's a little hack you can do:

1. save a game where you're batting first
2. rename that save file: batting.sv
3. copy it into the tutorial folder

That should let you play the nets - I'll change it so that it doesn't need a saved game for the nets though. Not quite sure what I was thinking doing that in any case :facepalm

Also, the license issue should be fixed now if you'd like to give it a spin :spy

So this is what I've fixed since the last patch:

- tweak edges
- fix batsman rotation when playing a shot
- small tweaks to AI fielding
- fix worm scorecard
- fix wagonwheel scorecard
- can now run the editors from Launcher
- game/editor window automatically centers in screen when not in fullscreen mode

I'm still working on:

- remove need for a saved game to play nets...

Cheers
K

@kurtkz: Some suggestions/comments...

- You might want to tweak the bounce of the pitches, even with pitches with 1.1 bounce (in the pitch editor). There isn't enough carry to the wicketkeeper for the faster bowlers and a lot of deliveries for spinners are likely to hit the stumps (due to low bounce). Haven't had to use the pull shot on the back foot either.

- In regards to DRS, a lot of deliveries for spinners on the ball tracking seem to not bounce (the ball 'dips down' after impact). Possibly related to the bounce of pitches.

- Skill ratings for some umpires might need to be increased too (had to review quite a few 'howlers')

- It's very hard to get attacking or lofted shots away (when settled and the focus meter is empty). Always end up holing out to fielders on lofted shots.

- I'm scoring a high percentage of runs in boundaries (even on pro mode). I'll try playing without the batting aids, but I think either the outfield speed needs tweaking. or the difficulty to get good or perfectly timed shot might need to increase (for attacking shots)

- Bowlers should be bowling at around full pace for most deliveries in first class/Test matches.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread