Cricket Life General Discussion

Cricket Life: The Cricket Career Management Game

The website is up, and it looks pretty slick. Apparently the game has gone through a big redesign as well, could be interesting. And they have taken a leaf out of Big Ant's book by giving us the free "CL HQ" by Christmas.
3D dressing room cut-scenes excite me, even though they have nothing to do with game play. This might be a good player career/life game/simulator.

Last edited:
Kind of think, it might be like a ICC captain with career mode involved in the engine. Let's see, good luck to the team if they are genuine enough in applying their efforts.

if im not wrong CLHQ is like the Don Bradman Cricket Academy and will be released by Christmas?

^^You are right. They are trying to copy DBC14 model by releasing the editor first, a year before the actual game release and hope the community creates content for their game. As a cricket fan, I am excited and wish them good luck. However, given their track record, I do not have a lot of expectations from them.

I'll believe the game is coming when i see some real gameplay footage.

Have been excited by this game for no reason twice before. i think the original name was cricket life 10... Then nothing happened and they came out with more info of "Cricket life 1" with mike hussey as the cover athlete back in late 11 i think..

nothing since then until now.

I have 0 trust in these guys they are really really bad company.

I'll believe the game is coming when i see some real gameplay footage.

Have been excited by this game for no reason twice before. i think the original name was cricket life 10... Then nothing happened and they came out with more info of "Cricket life 1" with mike hussey as the cover athlete back in late 11 i think..

nothing since then until now.

This game was actually given a grand release date of '07/07/07'! So if it comes out in a year from now as the article seems to suggest then it will have been a mere 7 and a half years late.

Successful troll is?!... :rolleyes

10 days of countdown for the so called big news:facepalm

----------

Its beyond me that they needed a countdown timer to announce this hopeless piece of junk, is now going multi-platform & what ever that HQ is...

Last edited:
As I said earlier, they have disappointed us on many occasions that I won't have faith in them until they show some quality work. It can be very much concluded from the HQ thing they gonna release, even when I doubt if they would actually release it in their given timeframe.

Its good that they are honoring the International XI which was selected about a year back ;)

With Ashes13 setting the bar so low you could trip over it, they might have thought they could get away with releasing anything after years of delays?

"See It In Action
We know you are eager to see more in action by demanding vids and screens but we want to go a step further by putting a part of the game into your hands. There's nothing better than actually experiencing it. That's mainly why Xteger and Gamebience have decided not to release any major game screens or videos at this moment - not even those of the CL HQ. We want you to experience it to believe it."

That for me makes me feel they are promising features miles before any work has actually been done on it. Also, having just finished reading the rest of the site and taken time to let it digest. The fact that the answer to their FAQ about design changes is that there is a new UI (did we ever see the old one?) and that the equipment on the top page isn't a "pre rendered scene" but a screenshot, it all just strikes me as bells and whistles with no real substance.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread