Cricket Reads!

Yeah theres a review on cricinfo, apparently Cooks got one coming next year!

James, that book has been covered extensively in this thread. It's bloody brilliant although I think Fatty Batter is better.

Glad to hear it. I usually struggle my way through a book, so hopefully this one will have me hooked!

In all honesty, there is Penguins Stopped Play and Fatty Batter then there is an absolute massive gap before any cricket book comes close. Certainly they pwn over any autobiography by a player.

Is right! PSP was the last cricket book I read and that was in August. I got Lovejoy's book for Christmas which was absolutely brilliant and I got Monty's and Botham's new one. Hopefully Botham's is good because i'm going nowhere near Monty's cash-in.

Which Botham book is that evo?

It's called 'Head On'. It's a black and white cover with a close-up of his face on it. I've only read a couple of pages as of yet and it's decent enough.

I got it for Christmas but I haven't read it yet. Ricky Ponting's 06/07 Captain's Diary. Should be a good read.

Shall have to look out for that, after I've read Steve Waugh's epic.

You won't regret reading Steve Waugh's book. Fantastic, a lot more insite into his mental aspect in series than I thought. I expected him to just reel off how he performed in series with big emphasis on when he was dropped and just before his retire. However, its fantastically in-depth.

I bloody hope its in-depth, its thick enough!

Penguins Stopped Play is brilliant, I really should read that again. I have two books on the go at the moment, Benaud's autobiography and Escape and Evasion during WW2. And I've got a Wisden Anthology to fit in!

have any recent players - oldest waugh brothers
writen their OWN biographies
i know monty, flintoff, KP and Warne
any other good ones?

Users who are viewing this thread