Cricket Reads!

why?? is that so?? aren?t English people proud of cricket as a National sport.
More to do with it being by John Major.

1327380_JohnMajor.jpg.html

Took me a while to read that book, very interesting but not a fun read by a long way, if you remember John Major you'll be able to guess the style its written in.

Has anyone got the Nathan Astle book thats just come out.
Im about to go get my copy which he will personally sign:)
Wow, lucky you.

Has Duncan Fletcher's book come out yet? Seems like its going to be a pretty tell all book. I hated him personally, but I think I might get this...

Same here, I hate the guy but it should be an interesting read.

I read Pontings latest one.. Twas alright. Not a huge fan of them though. I find it boring someone going "I got 15. I felt scratchy out there.. We need to be more dedicated. John coaches us well.. GENERIC COMMENTS GALORE"

"Best of Bevan" and Darren Lehmans autobipgraphys are damn good!
But Ricky pontings 3 diarys beat them both!

I got the best of bevan one and couldnt be bothered to read it. Only match reports. I loove Punter's books and I'm still reading Steve WAugh's last autobiographyt which I started in about March.

Any autobiographies from Aussies lately besides Roy? Like any new Punter ones?I feel there may be one after this summer.

I got the best of bevan one and couldnt be bothered to read it. Only match reports. I loove Punter's books and I'm still reading Steve WAugh's last autobiographyt which I started in about March.

Any autobiographies from Aussies lately besides Roy? Like any new Punter ones?I feel there may be one after this summer.

Best of Bevan sucks. I have it, never read it, only look at the scorecards. I haven't read Ricky Ponting's book. Some have said he is just a bit better at Glenn McGrath at writing - and thats terrible.Steve Waugh's is probably the best I have read, just better then Mark Knight's Mark Waugh's biography. I suggest you get Andrew Symond's book. I obviously would like it because I am a Symonds fan, but I thought he would be hopeless seeing that he is a bushpig, just loves fishing and hitting Cricket balls...but I was surprised. He is isn't as dumb as I thought. His childhood is interesting, he writes about moving to Australia, his County Cricket problems when England wanted him to play for them, his West Indian heritage, how early in his career he was frustrated, how he batted in that '03 WC innings, the split with his wife and of course - that night in Cardiff when he turned up to training pissed, after he went out drinking that night and Michael Clarke had to "rescue" him. Great read.

I dont think Punter has a new one yet. Dizzy has one out.

Ricky Ponting's Tour Diary 2007

Does anyone have this? I know Feelin Blue has it, hes reading away as we speak probably. I personally don't like Ponting at all...Only got the book from my Mums Ex who I dont even like lol So I decided to give it a read. Its alright so far, not as good as the old Steve Waugh diaries however. Im up to the lead up to the first Test against the Poms so its looking good. One thing that is ******* me off though, is how he will not shut his mouth about Shane Watson. Every days diary entry involves Watto in some way - he can't keep his mind off him it seems.

What do you think about it?

I love it. DLF cup was not that great and the Champions trophy was alright I guess but the Test series is superb.

Last edited:
Yeah, DLF cup was boring as. Hopefully Tests get a bit more interesting.

The Champions trophy got a bit annoying when he always says;
"I'm still amazed about how many questions I am getting asked about the Ashes when we are about to play the second biggest ODI tournament final!" etc etc..

The Champions trophy got a bit annoying when he always says;
"I'm still amazed about how many questions I am getting asked about the Ashes when we are about to play the second biggest ODI tournament final!" etc etc..
FFS, I know! Every diary entry he would say that....

Havent read a good cricket book in ages. I read Freddies Book. Was quite good!

Users who are viewing this thread