Cricket Reads!

Yeah probably in some of the many weeks he was injured

Anyone read Roys book, Warneys book or Slats book? If so post a review and Punterpupnroy if ya want can you post a review of it or anyone else who has read Husseys?

Just a short one for those books will do, I'm considering getting them. Well one of them at least.

Yeah probably in some of the many weeks he was injured
Errrh...I don't think he would be that good of a write.

Symmo's book - Was a bit skeptical getting it at first because he is a bushie and I didn't think he could write. But he is a great story teller and his book is very fascinating. He goes through since he was a kid in England, coming to Australia, playing for QLD, his adoptive parents the struggles, the depression, the battle with the bottle, his WC 03 hundred etc. Great book. Also has little stories about Roy from his teammates at the end of each chapter which are pretty funny:p

I have "Spun Out" by Paul Barry. Don't think I could read it - I go it as a Xmas pressie and after reading reviews and that I don't think I will bother with this bullcrap.

It was alright, read it a while ago may gave it another quick read

Anybody read Fletchers book?

Last edited:
ive been to busy to finish huss's book yet. im about to 2/3 of the way through. ill probally finish it within the next day or two, than ill post a review.

My dad got me a book on Wilfred Rhodes for Christmas so I'll look forward to reading that soon. I've just got to read other books that I haven't read since I bought them 2 years ago. :p

I don't usually like to read books until a players career is over, I read KP's because I wanted to see about how he was treated by the Saffas and I read Freds because I was in ashes mode but now I don't see the point unless there is a pretty definitive autobiography. Anyway I don't really do much reading but this xmas I got Steve Waughs book, which I'm about halfway through and really he seems to have found a lot of ways to describe his one problem of not being able to concentrate. I got penguings stoppped play and Graham Thorpes book too as well as all the typical books you get every year containing the same selection of sledges and funny cricket moments.

Re-reading Steve Waugh's book for about the fifth time. Still as good a read as it was first time. Especially considering he's had such an up and down career then a massive rise etc. Brilliant read, especially to learn about his fitness turn arounds and his attitude towards mental toughness etc.

315302.jpg

Laughing my God damn ass off!

Crikey, that's going to be a pretty thin book, he's only been playing cricket for 5mins.

I know, it will be him growing up, play a few county matches then a few tests -end of book. But look at the cover and title HAHAHHAHHAHA

I received a book called Penguins Stopped Play for Christmas. I'm really looking forward to reading it (eventually!!). Anyone read it?

Users who are viewing this thread