"The station?" the cabby enquired
"Well I'm a bit late for the bloody battle!"

FreddieFan said:
I'm really enjoying Fred Truemans at the moment, a few classic lines:

[Fred gets into a cab}
"Waterloo, please"
"The station?" the cabby enquired
"Well I'm a bit late for the bloody battle!"

I havent read the book but have heard the reading of it on Hawksbee and Jacobs on Talksport and the best line has to be :

"he was being so blase into the bargain that he was really furious, and I'm afraid he hit him in the mouth and had to be carried off"
and also saying things because he felt he had "an obligation to do so".

Pie

Ste said:
"he was being so blase into the bargain that he was really furious, and I'm afraid he hit him in the mouth and had to be carried off"
Lol . They use that quote whenever they mention Trueman :D .

Talking of reading has anyone read 'Spin' magazine? Got to be the best cricket mag available atm.

Last edited:
Spin magazine? hmmm I havent, im more of a Wisden man myself, but I will look out for it. For anyone that got wisden this month, can anyone understand the article on the doosra? I cant do it :D

jonah said:
Talking of reading has anyone read 'Spin' magazine? Got to be the best cricket mag available atm.
I have read it a couple of times, kinda an FHM for cricket (No Ladiez though:( )

Dam, mind you, wisden has no ladies either, this is something the game of cricket is lacking. Lets make it a sexy sport!

JamesyJames3 said:
Dam, mind you, wisden has no ladies either, this is something the game of cricket is lacking. Lets make it a sexy sport!

lol.......Its attract lots of women nowadays then it used to. You see a lot of birds in the ashes series so far.

Although its not an autobiography or a biography, i have thoroughly enjoyed every one of the steve waugh tour diaries. i dont know if any of the aussies here have read the warick todd diaries (its a comedian putting himself in the australian cricket team) but his two books are probably the best i have ever read

Both of Ed Smith's books are really good, i loved his book 'playing hard ball' and i'm still reading on and off the field.

Nasser Hussain's Playing with Fire was brilliance, i loved it, same with Michael Atherton's. Michael Vaughan's A Year in the Sun was as entertaining as it could be considering his short career at the time he wrote it.

I read a couple of others, but these are my favourites

MWaugh said:
Although its not an autobiography or a biography, i have thoroughly enjoyed every one of the steve waugh tour diaries. i dont know if any of the aussies here have read the warick todd diaries (its a comedian putting himself in the australian cricket team) but his two books are probably the best i have ever read

ahem.

AngryAngy said:
The Warwick Todd Diaries.

kevmead said:
I have read it a couple of times, kinda an FHM for cricket (No Ladiez though:( )
Lol, like the analogy :D .

Users who are viewing this thread