Cricket Reads!

Does anybody remember Imran Khan's book quite a few years ago that had a bunch of helpful tips with drawings on bowling and batting? I remember seeing it in a library in Pakistan in 1996 but never seen it online.

Being Freddie - Andrew Flintoff
A Year In The Sun- Michael Vaughan
The Rise of Steve Harmison- Steve Harmison
Playing With Fire- Nasser Hussain
Rising From The Ashes- Graeme Thorpe
Calling The Shots- Michael Vaughan
Ashes Victory- The England Team.

All of these books are thumping good reads! I particulary like 'Being Freddie', it just shows you what a great character he is putting up with all the hardship.

About time this thread was bumped!

Recently I've read

Being Freddie - Andrew Flintoff
Calling the Shots - Michael Vaughan
My Spin On Cricket - Richie Benaud

and I'm currently reading Viv Richards Autobiography. I picked it up at the cricket bookstall at Kent CCC for ?2. Its a great read. Of the books above I'd recommend My Spin on Cricket, especially if you are interested in a bit of history. I didnt think Being Freddie was very good, just another Ashes cash-in. As was calling the shots but its a much better read.

Is that Steve Waugh book worth buying? I want to buy it because I only ever read autobiographies, but is it worth the high price tag?

Just read Calling The Shots by MV. Decent read, a bit short really, but still interesting.

I'm reading "Fatty Batter : How Cricket Saved My Life (Then Ruined it)" by Michael Simkins. I recommend you read this book even if you don't like cricket (although if you don't like cricket what are you doing here!!!!)

That is an absolutely incredible book Kev. Finished reading it last week, where are you up to in it?

I'm reading "Fatty Batter : How Cricket Saved My Life (Then Ruined it)" by Michael Simkins. I recommend you read this book even if you don't like cricket (although if you don't like cricket what are you doing here!!!!)

Its got good reviews. It looks a bit odd to me - whats it about?

A batter who's fat.

Seriously though, it's basically about the trials and tribulations of captaining a village cricket side.

I'm not up to the bit where he captains a village side :p

Though not autobiographies, I can heartily recommend 'Penguins Stop Play' by Harry Thompson and the two books by Marcus Berkmann (Zimmer Men and Rain Men). Great books looking at village cricket.

Other than that I find Richie Benaud's 'My Spin on Cricket' a good bathroom read (sorry). Also I've just gotten A Majestic Innings: Writings on Cricket and the Paul Smth book (although I've only had time to flick through at the moment).

I've read:
Being Freddie- Andrew Flintoff
Crossing the Boundary- Kevin Pietersen (read twice)
Coming into play: my life in test cricket- Andrew Strauss
An old Botham autobiography

KP's book was the best, inspired me to start playing cricket in January :D. Such an awesome book.

Users who are viewing this thread