Cricket Reads!

Having read the first two, I can say that the first book is a great piece of literature, very nicely written from a geniune point of view. It is interesting to see how Flintoff tip toes around the people who he does not like Ganguly and how he reiterates time after time how nice a person Murali is.

Kevin Pietersen's book is interesting in a different way as it is an insight into South African life and also Kevin Pietersen's personality as a competitive person.

Flintoff doesn't like Ganguly because he was a lazy, half-arsed player for Lancashire who never put any real effort into playing for the team.

That he's an arrogant little arsehole. Which is why Flintoff doesn't like him. His book doesn't put it bluntly enough. :)

I know about Ganguly's prince like arrogance, I just find the way Flintoff doesn't put it blunty, when you thought he would, is intriguing.

He probably really wanted to but the media would make all sorts out of it. He wouldn't want to do a Jaap Stam.

Having read the first two, I can say that the first book is a great piece of literature, very nicely written from a geniune point of view. It is interesting to see how Flintoff tip toes around the people who he does not like Ganguly and how he reiterates time after time how nice a person Murali is.

Kevin Pietersen's book is interesting in a different way as it is an insight into South African life and also Kevin Pietersen's personality as a competitive person.

You should give Strauss's book a read, get it from your local library or something, its what i do with most of my books. I own the freddie and KP books though. Looking to buy Steve Waugh's book soon, aswell as possibly John Majors ,Shane Warnes autobiography, and possibly Sir Vivian: Sir Vivian: The Definitive Autobiography, only ?3 on amazon marketplace. I only really read cricket books though, dont have an interest in reading other books, cricket is what really interests me atm and i like to read as much on it as possible. I spend quite alot of time on Cricinfo reading articles, looking at player stats and also looking up tips to improve my personal game.

Here's a phrase I never thought I'd say, but I think I'm gonna give John Major's book a shot too.

Viv's book is a must, I got mine from the secondhand bookstall that sets up at Canterbury, think I paid about £3 for it too.

I'm thinking much the same as you are Kev in regards to the Major book. Listened to his interview on test match special and it sounds a pretty interesting read.

Coming into Play - Andrew Strauss
Opening Up - Mike Atherton
Cricket's Great Entertainers - Henry Blofeld
A Sledgers Guide to the Ashes - Simon Briggs

I do like a good cricket book - my favourite is probably "Morning Everyone" by Simon Hughes, but Nasser's book is good too and I'm currently reading a book on the 2000 match fixing scandal which is a good read.

He wouldn't want to do a Jaap Stam.

Who's he? :p

Last edited:
Slap-headed United defender who slagged off the club in his autobiography. Was immediately hounded by the press and then sold to Lazio. :)

That was the intention.:p

Ian Pont's Fast Bowler's Bible is a fantastic coaching read for fast bowlers, it covers just about everything, including advanced biomechanics of the bowling action.

Maybe we should club together and get Plunkett a copy :p

Users who are viewing this thread