Cricket Revolution Demo Feedback and Discussion Thread

Yeah, that's for the standard straight backfoot drive though. There's no backfoot cover drive though - yet.

Well you have to aim the shot using the "shot placement" then it can be a backfoot drive through the covers. The shot placement is not available in free practice for some reason

Well you have to aim the shot using the "shot placement" then it can be a backfoot drive through the covers. The shot placement is not available in free practice for some reason

Sounds good,i hope they release the game in india soon.

Can the final game download from Steam be installed on more than one computer?

eg. My laptop and my desktop....

looks ok but it didn't blow me away. I liked the way they give consideration to lag.
Probably won't buy unless they support controllers because using the keyboard for a sport game feels weird

A. Batting is different than EA. I will let you to explore.
B. Your speed increases. keep pressing space after you have selected the spin, swing or seam movement.

I am not saying they are copied from cricket 97 but nearly same as EA.
Also i was not talking about manual bowling speed but overall speed in game.:doh

I am not saying they are copied from cricket 97 but nearly same as EA.
Also i was not talking about manual bowling speed but overall speed in game.:doh

I miss back foot play you had in EA games in this game. :facepalm

Game speed is OK but I cannot say more or else rafey will pull me up.

I had such high expectations of this game based on the trailer and the demo that I have seen, but having played the demo, and looked at some of the feedback over here, I am not so hot about the game anymore.

The good things in the game seem to be:

1) Large variety of shots: some of them being very well animated.

2) Interesting development of new ways to control the batsman and the bowler (this has both good and bad ramifications.)

3) Out of the box well-integrated multiplayer mode.

Now the negatives:

1) Ridiculous controls - double taps ? Iffy, jittery timing, etc. on the batting. The bowling pointer, and even the well-thought out bowl meter are too hard to control - almost to the point, that it would seem like the computer is more in control of the destiny of the bowler, than the bowler himself. Not quite realistic.

2) No commentary - what console cricket game in the last 8 years has not had commentary.

3) Bowler animations - I would love to see a fast bowler who can get so much pace into the bowl with the kind of jump and run-up this guy has.

4) Also for an arcade cricket game, which CR aims to be aiming for - the pace of the game seems to be awfully slow.

All in all, I don't think I am not going to be spending my money on this game.

If you buy it from Steam, the prices are the following. You will get a download to your PC, it seems convenient!

$22.49 US if you pre-order (1,036.36 Rupees)
$24.99 US if you do not pre-order (1,151.56 Rupees)

Cricket Revolution on Steam

Alternatively, Cricket Revolution (PC DVD): Amazon.co.uk: PC & Video Games

I'm not sure about delivery to India though!

Happy if I helped!

Thats strange I pre-ordered the game and got 2$ discount. I bought it for $17.99 (Rs. 838 INR). When the pre-order offer ends Steam says that the game will be available for $19.99. Where did u get that information? :sarcasm

And btw does anybody here knows when is the actual release date for CR?

Last edited:
Impressions so far:

• Great to see pretty much all the shots in cricket being covered, I miss playing the reverse sweep, slog sweep etc.
  • The shots animations which I played look to be realistic.
  • Graphics do the job, might not be as good as other games but I'm not too fussed by it.
  • The fast bowlers animation is way off but the spinners animation looked good from what I saw.
  • The batting controls are basically like the fighting games where you push different arrow combination to produce a different shots. Its certainly different to what we have come accustom to. I do prefer the AC09 controls but I can see myself getting use to CR's control after a while.
  • The bowling control looks pretty fun to use and its good to be able to control the speed of the ball again. Don't know how effective the bowlers will be in the game, in my short stint with the spinner I didn't look like taking a wicket.

The nets give you a good feel for the game in terms of batting and bowling controls. But its hard to tell how the batting and bowling will feel in a game. I'll probably wait for reviews before getting the game.

Thats strange I pre-ordered the game and got 2$ discount. I bought it for $17.99 (Rs. 838 INR). When the pre-order offer ends Steam says that the game will be available for $19.99. Where did u get that information?
Just because you paid in US dollars doesn't mean that isn't a local Indian price. Publishers can set any price for a country/region on Steam, so clearly the price for India is lower than the US/Australian price. The UK and Europe pay in Pounds and Euros respectively, so pay different amounts again. USD, GBP and EUR are the only Steam currencies.

Seems a bit high for a local Indian price though.

Impressions so far:

• Great to see pretty much all the shots in cricket being covered, I miss playing the reverse sweep, slog sweep etc....

• But the Reverse Sweep and all normal sweeps are there... including slog sweep... I have played reverse sweep shot once or twice successfully...

But... I would say... keeping in view that this is their very first experience with this game and also in this country... we can give them a little grace... and we positively hope and trust mindstorm ... that they will continue supporting this game.. obviously through regular patching and also with new games...

Regards,

Users who are viewing this thread