Crowd Response

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Wow that's cheap, I went to the England-West Indies ODI last week and it was ?55 for my ticket.

:eek:

Thats about 130 NZ dollars right?

Over here I went to the India-NZ ODI for 15 dollars, so thats about seven pounds I think.

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
:eek:

Thats about 130 NZ dollars right?

Over here I went to the India-NZ ODI for 15 dollars, so thats about seven pounds I think.
If the currency converter is right, my ticket was NZ$138.56.

Leggie

Chairman of Selectors
If there are seats empty on the day, then you'll probably see ticket prices dipping under ?10.

AndyRAC

School Cricketer
I know the games were only 'warm-ups' but the crowds have still been a little disappointing.
However, the Tournament starts on Friday - there's been very little build up, excitement, hoo-ha, etc Which is deeply disappointing, not sure early June is the best time to be holding it, July/August would be better - but there is the little matter of some Test Series; England v Australia - which I believe is quite important.....;)

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
I know the games were only 'warm-ups' but the crowds have still been a little disappointing.
However, the Tournament starts on Friday - there's been very little build up, excitement, hoo-ha, etc Which is deeply disappointing, not sure early June is the best time to be holding it, July/August would be better - but there is the little matter of some Test Series; England v Australia - which I believe is quite important.....;)
I am very surprised anyone has been to the warm ups. They are warm ups! The tournament itself is pretty much sold out.

Kev

Chairman of Selectors
Probably would have got more people attending warm up matches if a few more had been held at grounds not hosting the main event.

Leicester Fox

Chairman of Selectors
The England games will be good with everyone getting drunk and going all barmy and just generally packed crowds. Other games probably not. No-one here is bothered about it. Compare it to the ashes where tickets sold out in about a minute and the atmosphere will be unbelievable.

WTF is the yahooo thing. It's crap.

aditya123

National Board President
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Is the opening game (England v Netherlands) a sell-out? It would be rather disappointing to see an empty Lords for the opening game of a global cricket event.
Why did the ICC not have England v Pakistan as the opening game? It would surely have been a sellout.

As we have seen in the past in the UK, games involving India,Pakistan,Bangladesh and Sri Lanka will all have big crowds. In fact, I don`t think you`ll see a game involving England having as big a crowd as the India-Pakistan warm-up game !

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
The England games will be good with everyone getting drunk and going all barmy and just generally packed crowds. Other games probably not. No-one here is bothered about it. Compare it to the ashes where tickets sold out in about a minute and the atmosphere will be unbelievable.

WTF is the yahooo thing. It's crap.

Hardly any reason why this should have been held in England then.

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Hardly any reason why this should have been held in England then.
We invented Twenty20. South Africa were given the first tournament because they did a good job of hosting the 50 over cup in 2003 and then we were given the second because twenty20 was invented here.

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
We invented Twenty20. South Africa were given the first tournament because they did a good job of hosting the 50 over cup in 2003 and then we were given the second because twenty20 was invented here.

So. When you dont like something you created why have the burden. Australia and NZ have not hosted a world class event for long time. They would have done great job.

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
So. When you dont like something you created why have the burden. Australia and NZ have not hosted a world class event for long time. They would have done great job.
We have also not hosted a world event for 10 years. We will also do a great job as hosts.

Leggie

Chairman of Selectors
The rain isn't going to help either. I hate bloody British weather. So ****ing inconsistent.

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
We have also not hosted a world event for 10 years. We will also do a great job as hosts.

Champions Trophy was held some time back which WI won.

Users who are viewing this thread