Crowd Response

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
If you call that a world event, fine. Even that was 5 years ago.

I dont think it was tri series or quad series. It had all test nations.

Anyways last event in ANZ was 1992 world cup.

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
I dont think it was tri series or quad series. It had all test nations.

Anyways last event in ANZ was 1992 world cup.
And they have the 2015 50 over World Cup.

You can't play cricket in Australia in June either.

Trust me. This World Cup will be an exciting one with few weather interruptions and in front of very good crowds.

stefan

International Coach
Hopefully the event will be great but so far there doesn't seem to be much excitement from reading the British papers. I certainly saw more excitement in SA for the previous one and for the recent IPL compared to how the english media is treating this event.

Hobbi07

Club Captain
I don't know where you guys are all looking but i know a lot of people at my college who don't even like cricket know it's the Twenty20 world cup. Advertisements on Sky (where it is shown) every advert from what i have seen.

The English papers will not give it much exposure i don't think the only thing i ever see in there is football, sometimes I'm lucky if i see a full page on a different sport.

I'm definitely looking forward to it ! bring on the Dutch ;)

aditya123

National Board President
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
From what I`ve seen of the first couple of days of the tournament, the crowds have been excellent and I`ve been pleasantly surprised by it, I must confess. The crowd for even the Scot-NZ game was big.

If this is the trend for the rest of the tournament, it`ll be a success. I hope England stay in the event just for the sake of local crowds being kept interested.

Kev

Chairman of Selectors
Certainly bigger crowds than when the Champions Trophy was here! Double header matches helps I think too.

It'd probably get a lot more coverage Media wise if it wasn't only on Sky. It gets a mention on the BBC but only after they've talked about all the other sport. If they had rights other than highlights at late-o-clock you'd probably see it right at the top of the bulletins.

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
So. When you dont like something you created why have the burden. Australia and NZ have not hosted a world class event for long time. They would have done great job.

Cricket over here in June, :noway.

The rain would be a lot worse, and the crowds would be down because of the NRL, AFL and Rugby.

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
I hope we are blowing apart some of those people who said we would not put on a good show. It's been a great tournament so far. What we can't control is the weather, and after a mini heatwave last week, it's now gone bad again.

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
Looks like the crowds thus far are coming in. All of India's and Pakistan's matches are probably going to be sold out given the fans present in England. I think crowds will only get better next round, when the big teams play each other.

Users who are viewing this thread