DBC 17 Batting

Anyone have trouble playing short balls? My player seems to just stand there and get hit most of the time

Need some tips on hitting sixes/at least clearing the infield... on Xbox One so I believe it's the L trigger, but i rarely am able to hit the ball over the inner ring at head height, even when timing/footwork/shot choice are all green. Any tips?

Early in career -- forget it, your skill levels are not high enough.......I was only able to hit sixes early on off spinners, double step power drive...

p.s the timing indicator seems to be off, many are complaining about this, most are turning it off!

Early in career -- forget it, your skill levels are not high enough.......I was only able to hit sixes early on off spinners, double step power drive...

p.s the timing indicator seems to be off, many are complaining about this, most are turning it off!
Forgive my stupidity but where can you turn this setting off??

Forgive me the first post whinge but I have to ask a question, doubtless you've seen before!

I had DBC14 enjoyed it but ended up giving up on the career mode due to the auto increase in difficulty as you progressed the career mode. Bought 17 and the batting is just too hard. Even on the easiest setting with the modifiers all set so even if I'm blind I should hit the ball every time and I'm still the square root of useless.

I have no problem with the game being hard and that cricket is a complex game and isn't easy to master but I fundamentally disagree that the option isn't made available to make things much much easier. Having just offloaded £55 I (the humble consumer) should be able to set up the game so that if I want to smash a 6 almost every ball I can.

The default easiest difficulty is still far too hard and it will stop casual players or those who just want to have a bit of fun from playing the game. Feels to me once again that the batting is far too hard and this will ruin it for many.

No, this was more in casual games with international/Big Bash teams. Playing on batting 'medium', but even with the pro players I'm struggling to hit big in T20 matches... wondered if i was doing something wrong!

I usually bat conservatively until my confidence is 100% and my score is about 20 -- then start to hit out, but even then I mis-hit it to fielders, but i do get a few over the top one bounce 4 and 6's

No, this was more in casual games with international/Big Bash teams. Playing on batting 'medium', but even with the pro players I'm struggling to hit big in T20 matches... wondered if i was doing something wrong!

My advice would be to choose "Custom" difficulty level and turn the "Shot Difficulty", "Footwork", "Shot Timing" etc. gameplay modifier sliders (there are 5 of those grouped together which impacts batting) to find your sweet spot. Once you get better slowly start increasing those 5 sliders.

IMO one of the reasons the batting feedback indicator seems off is that some shots, specifically off drive, is under-powered compared to others (say late cut or glance). Whereas the leg glance or late cut shots go to the boundary, the off drive merely dribbles to mid off fielder or extra cover area for a run or two despite the feedback saying everything is "perfect" or "good".

Wow it is quite damning review but spot on as far as I am concerned. The review is what most fans here have to had say and like us the reviewer is hopeful it will be sorted out in the end.

This reads like a review from a person who has played the game for an extended period of time rather than "pick n play" the game for a couple of hours before writing the review.

Users who are viewing this thread