DBC 17 Online difficulty is awesome now after patch 2

Much better, we can work with that. We could almost delete all other posts, including mine.

Make no mistake, no one is more pissed off than I am that people are facing these issues, I am scrambling right now to check when Sony/MS break for Christmas to see if we can do something asap. Crazily enough, the online system being much more efficient means the game is much easier (it's on the same difficulty settings as DBC14).
Oh its running on same difficulty :O... Different game reacts differently perhaps. Hope it will feel harder anyways to time the ball like Dbc 14 after the little fix, and also the ballcolour that appears before the ball has been delivered... We'll be ready to kick off our leagues when that is fixed :) These are minor issues that include in every game. Great job hats off.

I'm on PC so obviously haven't played the game yet, but as the topic of online difficulty/settings has come up, any chance of being able to use sliders in online play? Obviously quick matches/ranked should stay constant, but in private games or leagues/tournaments it would be a nice option to have, and perhaps help to alleviate the concerns over online difficulty.

We all probably know what it feels like to finally get your hands on a game you've been hyped up for and can't wait to play, and then one aspect or another doesn't meet your expectations for some reason. It can be annoying... And many people probably post emotively and without specifics because for pretty much any other AAA game, such constructive comments fall on deaf/no ears so are just a waste of effort. Easier to just be emotive to emphasise a point.

I'm on PC so obviously haven't played the game yet, but as the topic of online difficulty/settings has come up, any chance of being able to use sliders in online play? Obviously quick matches/ranked should stay constant, but in private games or leagues/tournaments it would be a nice option to have, and perhaps help to alleviate the concerns over online difficulty.

We all probably know what it feels like to finally get your hands on a game you've been hyped up for and can't wait to play, and then one aspect or another doesn't meet your expectations for some reason. It can be annoying... And many people probably post emotively and without specifics because for pretty much any other AAA game, such constructive comments fall on deaf/no ears so are just a waste of effort. Easier to just be emotive to emphasise a point.
Sliders aren't available in online mode atm. But your idea is good...

ross@bigantstudios thanks 4 responding

quick and brief summary for u
we will definately buy n support dbc17 as we love it wan to recify to make dbc17 best selling cricket game ever. plz patch fallowing issues if possible before pc steam release

1 online difficulty
2 fast and easy feild editor
3 feild radar and shot radar in amature difficulty plz consider
4 a website or page for detailed stats of online matches
5 faster gameplay mean ability to skip replys and unnecessry online delys
6 ban system for pirates cheaters and illegal users
7 DLC and trading player will b great fun

Last edited:
6d10f63ec9e92a4bd7030dedd37f6c6b-320-80.jpg
download.jpg
cricketinline_2_1287634913.jpg
6d10f63ec9e92a4bd7030dedd37f6c6b-320-80.jpg
images.jpg
download.jpg

picture says alot . not only graphics matter see feild radar shot radar ,online users chat room etc in old cricket games ,hope we can draw possitives out of them in next dbc17 patching

More feedback....

-Front foot sqaure cut shot (both lofted and ground)seems a little easier to play then other shots. It feels it is overpowered.
Its the go-to shot for scoring runs.

-Ai field problems in a t20 match @ legend level.
After pp , only 2 fielder outside the circle.

- Good and short of Good length balls can't b played on back foot. In Dbc 14 this is Playable resulting in diff various shots types

Last edited:
picture says alot . not only graphics matter see feild radar shot radar ,online users chat room etc in old cricket games ,hope we can draw possitives out of them in next dbc17 patching

This isn't a wishlist thread. The exclusion of a field radar is not a bug and is not in need of fixing. It is a deliberate design choice. Go back and re-read @BigAntStudios post.

More feedback....

-Front foot sqaure cut shot (both lofted and ground)seems a little easier to play then other shots. It feels it is overpowered.
Its the go-to shot for scoring runs.

-Ai field problems in a t20 match @ legend level.
After pp , only 2 fielder outside the circle.

- Good and short of Good length balls can't b played on back foot. In Dbc 14 this is Playable resulting in diff various shots types
Square shot felt like an exploit when it came in the academy, Easy sixes and can be played to most deliveries...Shot animations for some shots arent natural looking...Is the person who did the motion capture for the shots played by very less experienced person? Not sure...But the best is always to go with classic looking shots for all the shot animations..I know that Ross said so many factors go into the shots played but we see the overall result of it and that doesnt please the eyes at all.

-Square shot could be powered less and a shot animation added maybe in a later stage with a classic animation..Most of the shots are great looking and personally I enjoy my shots and something like that spoils it for me..
-There was a backfoot point region shot played animation which is another one that could be replaced with Backfoot square cut shot going in the region..
-The halfway shot could be replaced with cover drive with a slight angled bat going in that region..Simple change but should go a long way in visual look of the shots..

Square shot felt like an exploit when it came in the academy, Easy sixes and can be played to most deliveries...Shot animations for some shots arent natural looking...Is the person who did the motion capture for the shots played by very less experienced person? Not sure...But the best is always to go with classic looking shots for all the shot animations..I know that Ross said so many factors go into the shots played but we see the overall result of it and that doesnt please the eyes at all.

-Square shot could be powered less and a shot animation added maybe in a later stage with a classic animation..Most of the shots are great looking and personally I enjoy my shots and something like that spoils it for me..

I feel this particular shot the animation is not right and there is no power in it.

11m 10s

Simple change but should go a long way in visual look of the shots

Believe me when I say this - there is hardly ever a "small" change when it comes to development. It might seem small on the face of it, but it almost always grows into in a significant change behind the scenes.

I feel this particular shot the animation is not right and there is no power in it.

11m 10s
Thats the shot I referred as the HALFWAY shot..It definitely tops the list..[DOUBLEPOST=1481521041][/DOUBLEPOST]
Believe me when I say this - there is hardly ever a "small" change when it comes to development. It might seem small on the face of it, but it almost always grows into in a significant change behind the scenes.
Yeah I totally understand but my point being how such looking shots gets into the game in the first place with the team knowing the game...

Yeah thats true, whoever thought that was a good enough shot to even put in the game... actually worries me...

I remember in dbc 14 after the patch which added the square drive, it wasnt a new animation, it was just the cover drive animation re-used... which in all honesty was fine.

EDIT: actually let me re-phrase that; thats a terrible looking shot, would be much more suited to a lower skilled batsman and/or a tailender :)

Users who are viewing this thread