DBC 17 Online difficulty is awesome now after patch 2

I raised the same thing about cut shots soon after releasing academy game play and I got replies saying the final game will have better animations but now it is all over. I'm still happy with the game but i wish if there is chance of fine tuning a bit of those two animations. Just a hope :)

What planet are some people on?

I DON'T LIKE THESE SHOT ANIMATIONS SO CHANGE THEM.

Really?

REALLY?

The Facebook crowd are spilling over.....

Haha I bet.

I alluded to it in a previous post, but I really do think it's a culture thing. No idea how Ross puts up with it tbh. The lack of respect and common decency is appalling. But, so is life I guess...

51FKxaSDIfL._AC_US160_.jpg

Price: £54.95 & FREE Delivery in the UK. Details
Pre-order Price Guarantee

Order now and get free updates & free support, and you can even tell the developer how to do his job!

Seriously guys, nagging complaints isn't helping anyone. Kindly post the problem that you are experiencing. I'm positive that @BigAntStudios will do they're absolute best to make your online experience as enjoyable as possible.

This platform is meant to give feedback that can possibly help improve the overall game/online experience for everyone!

What planet are some people on?

I DON'T LIKE THESE SHOT ANIMATIONS SO CHANGE THEM.

Really?

REALLY?

Whether animations can or can not be changed at this stage is a different matter. Even if they can't be changed, it doesn't mean paying customers (existing and prospective) have as a result lost their right to comment on the quality of the animations. They have every right to criticize whatever it is they don't like, more so something as critical (no pun intended) as the animations. If you have an issue with their opinion, there are better ways of stating that other than unnecessarily mocking them. It's strange that some members of this forum have arrogated to themselves the responsibility of policing thoughts; wherever they see a post critical of the game (or elements thereof), these people promptly rush to nip it in the bud, often gratuitously mocking the comment and at times the original commenter.

Another thing i noticed is I could not play to cover at all.

You either end up hitting to long of/wide off or then the square region on off side. The cover region seems to have been taken out of the equation.

Anyone who has played the game feel differently?

Will be happy to be corrected.

Last edited:
I raised the same thing about cut shots soon after releasing academy game play and I got replies saying the final game will have better animations but now it is all over. I'm still happy with the game but i wish if there is chance of fine tuning a bit of those two animations. Just a hope :)
Yea i agree the Cut shot is ugly. But the rest of the game out weights this by a (long shot) Pun intended.

Whether animations can or can not be changed at this stage is a different matter. Even if they can't be changed, it doesn't mean paying customers (existing and prospective) have as a result lost their right to comment on the quality of the animations. They have every right to criticize whatever it is they don't like, more so something as critical (no pun intended) as the animations. If you have an issue with their opinion, there are better ways of stating that other than unnecessarily mocking them. It's strange that some members of this forum have arrogated to themselves the responsibility of policing thoughts; wherever they see a post critical of the game (or elements thereof), these people promptly rush to nip it in the bud, often gratuitously mocking the comment and at times the original commenter.

I never said they had no right to comment on the game. They have every right to comment in any way they like, just as I have every right to mock them if I so desire.

What is ridiculous and certainy not needed though is the same shite from the same people. Making demands of Big Ant and doing so with an inflated sense of self-entitlement? Get the fck out of here.

I am gonna say patches are very unlikely to touch animations.
Happened in DBC with those shot tweaks of slog sweep and reverse sweep along with few other tweaks...

Not expecting a full animation, I mentioned the way these could be done in that previous post stating the shot alternatives...Could be executed with small changes to available animations..
Not sure about you guys but such things are very important to me mainly because I love watching those beautiful shots even online, ask @grkrama ..I dont press X till the boundary replay is over, even in his shots..Those are the things which gets me the feel of playing and it never gets boring...You got no idea how much I want to record those beauties but without GPU recording sucks...Otherwise would have great collection of shots..

Even in this game I am in love with so many shots already, mainly the backfoot shot towards midwicket, backfoot horizontal cut[not front foot]...There's always option of avoiding those shots but they all are the ones in primary zone of hitting thats why I raised my concern about the shots..
Like @Gaming Bittu said we did raise the issue when academy came but Ross did say that so many factors go into the execution part of it..I dont know anything about the creation part of it but would really appreciate if BA could do something about this..

I haven't played the game yet. but watched a couple of live telecast of online and offline matches. I went through this thread and could only see a very few post with actual feedback on what is wrong and what has to be done. Rest all of them are simple fights and arguments which is of no use for the development. And that itself has taken 6 pages.

We guys do remember DBC14 which was very much poor in online & offline section when it came out in April 2014

*All throws direct hit
*God speed fielders
*Mistimed shot flying to fielders all the time.
*No fielding position view while batting.
*Fielders slide to stop the ball and enjoy that he has taken a catch.

And lot more.

Big Ant listened to the users and provided their support for more than 18 months to fix all these issues.

DBC17 is not even officially released yet. However, most of us got the opportunity to play the game. Consider this is as a good chance to provide feedback which helps in developing the game rather than complaining and arguing for no use.

I never said they had no right to comment on the game. They have every right to comment in any way they like, just as I have every right to mock them if I so desire.

What is ridiculous and certainy not needed though is the same shite from the same people. Making demands of Big Ant and doing so with an inflated sense of self-entitlement? Get the fck out of here.
So they have an inflated sense of self-entitlement, but you don't have any anger management issues? Are you sure?

They have every right to make demands and it is up to BAS to decide whether those demands are reasonable and therefore worth looking into. It should not concern you at all. If you are madly in love with the game or have a different way of giving feedback, that's great.

Yes, you are right that you can mock them—just as they have every right to ignore you, which is precisely what I am going to do as you are, in my opinion, not adding anything constructive to the discussion here.

Another thing i noticed is I could not play to cover at all.

You either end up hitting to long of/wide off or then the square region on off side. The cover region seems to have been taken out of the equation.

Anyone who has played the game feel differently?

Will be happy to be corrected.

Yes. Shots in the cover extra cover region can't b played.

Running is very fast compared to speed of fielders. Its easy to take single doubles even when ball is going straight towards the fielder.

@ legend level Ai drops many catches in the outfield.

Users who are viewing this thread