DBC 17 to Ashes 17 Evolution

Something that I feel can be implemented (maybe not within the time frame in question) is the impact of bat speed based on the speed in which the RS was flicked! So even if I am a little late on the ball, if I flick the RS at a very high speed it would mean I would get a slightly longer timing window than if I moved it slowly. However moving it fast also means I am playing with hard hands and thus edges will carry better.

I agree this would be very optimistic in the time line in question but I love it as a concept.

Slow flick = More forgiving but less powerful
Quick flick = More chance of the big hits but also harder to pull off

One for the ashes in the UK maybe ;)

Agree with a lot of posts here, especially the ideas that allow for extra immersion in game, i.e. use of cut-scenes in game, improvement of the on-field and crowd environment etc. With regards to the cut-scenes, maybe after a few deliveries or the next over, there may be a quick replay of a close chance/wicket and commentators discussing it to add to that realism that we see when watching cricket on tv. I don't know whether this would have been too difficult to implement within the time-frame.

Also, I would have liked small improvement to the DRS, particularly involving a view of this angle:

9e54e663-a145-4237-b70c-38de474171a3.jpg

(Again, I know there are more immediate issues that needed rectifying from DBC17).
I am sure all new rule changes (coming in to affect 1 October 2017) would be included as well :( ie once a batsman's bat is in, its IN doesnt matter if it bounces up afterwards its still IN (new rule)

Something that I feel can be implemented (maybe not within the time frame in question) is the impact of bat speed based on the speed in which the RS was flicked! So even if I am a little late on the ball, if I flick the RS at a very high speed it would mean I would get a slightly longer timing window than if I moved it slowly. However moving it fast also means I am playing with hard hands and thus edges will carry better.

This would be great.

I always wondered why shot power wasn't analog.

Would remove the need for the "aggressive" modifier as power/speed of swing would be determined by how far and fast you push the joystick.

It would also be a great way to get little nudges and deflections into the game by combining analog swing with the defensive modifier.

This would be great.

I always wondered why shot power wasn't analog.

Would remove the need for the "aggressive" modifier as power/speed of swing would be determined by how far and fast you push the joystick.

It would also be a great way to get little nudges and deflections into the game by combining analog swing with the defensive modifier.

Even if the bat swing is incorporated using the analog sticks, you would still need an 'aggressive' or rather 'hit the ball in the air' modifier to map 'intent' as even with a fast bat swing, whether I intend to hit the ball in the air or try and keep it on the ground would need to be mapped to some button

Honestly, I am mostly hoping the AI steps up its game.

It was so sad to see players like Ravi Bopara bowling at the death, or a legside field and the bowler wouldn't ball to field. The minute AI gets better the whole game will step up to another level.

I hope they add a new game mode. an idea I had was a challenges game mode recreating great games such as chasing down 438 as sa at the wanderes(I know sa may not be licensed but it is still a good example). also I would like a better ui especially a academy reset button.

I hope they add a new game mode. an idea I had was a challenges game mode recreating great games such as chasing down 438 as sa at the wanderes(I know sa may not be licensed but it is still a good example). also I would like a better ui especially a academy reset button.

Would certainly freshen things up that's for sure. A 'scenario' type mode would be brilliant, especially if you were able to download user-created scenarios via the academy.

A more user-friendly academy would be appreciated as well!

Even if the bat swing is incorporated using the analog sticks, you would still need an 'aggressive' or rather 'hit the ball in the air' modifier to map 'intent' as even with a fast bat swing, whether I intend to hit the ball in the air or try and keep it on the ground would need to be mapped to some button
surely that is where timing comes in, ok maybe for front foot drives... I can see a problem with cuts and pulls :) so yeah ok lol why did I post this again....nevermind nothing to see here

Would certainly freshen things up that's for sure. A 'scenario' type mode would be brilliant, especially if you were able to download user-created scenarios via the academy.

Love this idea! While we are on it, here is a far fetched extension to it:

For user created event, allow the user to:

1) Create the scenario, e.g combo of stadium, type of wicket, weather, wickets lost, overs bowled, runs required etc.

2) Be able to define how the AI plays, e.g. Bowler 1 (e.g. Shane Warne) to bowl around the stumps targeting the rough areas till over no. 24, bowler 2 bowling reverse swing targeting the stumps.

I know it's at least 10 years before something like this can be implemented and the AI needs to be really good to pull it off!! But we can always dream ;)

As someone who has enjoyed, and continues to enjoy, both DBC14 and DBC17, I am very excited about this new release. There are still certainly a few things that I'd like to see tweaked. The bowling in DBC17 was superb in so many ways but I would like to see the return of a more analogue approach to variable length (like DBC140 and for the general bowling experience to have that @francobaldo1 magic applied at source rather than modded in later (the Fearsome Tweak Hack has been essential for me on the previous releases).

The other area that I hope has had a little love and attention is out-fielding. It would be nice to have spectacular catches in the mid and deep field positions...and spectacular blunders too, of course. In DBC17, although they were less likely to step over the boundary rope when collecting the ball a la DBC14, the fielders, outside of the close in fielders, never seemed very committed to making an effort to make the catch. Oh, and the return of caught & bowled chances when bowling, would not go amiss either.

In 2014 I created my own village team and enjoyed following their stats (Seeing player's averages go up and down and runs and wickets tally the same) just by playing casual matches.

In 2017 the casual stat disappeared but career mode was added. Unfortunately the stats in career mode were broken and seemed to get worse after patches.

I actually don't find much wrong with the gameplay but I guess that's where others are experts (I don't really play any other games) and I'm just a cricket tragic. I just hope that casual and career stats work as they're a fundamentally essential package of the game and the minimum you'd expect to be correct. I've been playing Cricket Captain 2017 for the last few months and about 50% of that game if not more is built on stats that they've got more and more detailed for years. If Big Ant can get this right and continue to enhance the theatre and gameplay that they're obviously so skilled at and pushing the boundaries then I hope to be buying Don Bradman Cricket year after year and in 2040!

Yeah I agree.

My point is it would take out the aggressive shot modifier which I always thought a bit unnecessary.

You would use no modifiers to (try) to hit the ball on the ground; defensive modifier for blocks and nudges and the loft modifier to deliberately hit in the air.

Power wold be determined by the right stick.

The idea being you get more control over your shots (assuming correct timing and shot selection) and bring into play the little chips etc. which are such a big part of modern batting.

Has anyone seen cutscenes of Australia Coach Darren Lehman talking to a player? I remember seeing such a video long back during DBC14 release (can’t find such videos in YouTube, did I dream of that? No idea). Anybody seen such video before?

The game announcement says “Additionally, players will be able to enjoy a comprehensive career mode that allows them to take their own customised junior cricketer all the way to the ultimate dream; captaining their country to Ashes victory”

Am I the only one thinking there could be journey mode like FIFA Alex Hunter type in Ashes 17 with some cutscenes ?

Has anyone seen cutscenes of Australia Coach Darren Lehman talking to a player? I remember seeing such a video long back during DBC14 release (can’t find such videos in YouTube, did I dream of that? No idea). Anybody seen such video before?
He retweeted CA's tweet announcing the game some time ago. Maybe there's a connection?

Users who are viewing this thread