dbc hacks: fearsome tweak v2.90 +minigame v0.03

Stepped up to legend, ATB England v ATB Sri Lanka- second over lovely edge Jayasuria on his way c Knott b Larwood: great stuff

Never thought I would ever see someone post about getting edges against AI on legend :p

Why did you go legend Blockers?!

Consistently bowling AI out for 175-275 so hard to get a really competitive test if I bat well.

Just beat Australia ATB convincingly with Associates ATB. I scored 270-odd, they scored 230. I scored 400+ then rolled them over again under 250.

Thought I'd give legend a go[DOUBLEPOST=1464543272][/DOUBLEPOST]
Never thought I would ever see someone post about getting edges against AI on legend :p

Got them 4 down but that was the only edge

So you bat with the hack on on legend.... Without markers?

For Us Custard Kills Many Eggs ;)

So you bat with the hack on on legend.... Without markers?

For Us Custard Kills Many Eggs ;)
He'll no I don't bat with the hack on!! Tried a couple of times and it was like Graeme Hick facing Ambrose and Walsh

Great wordsmithery BTW

Consistently bowling AI out for 175-275 so hard to get a really competitive test if I bat well.

Just beat Australia ATB convincingly with Associates ATB. I scored 270-odd, they scored 230. I scored 400+ then rolled them over again under 250.

Thought I'd give legend a go[DOUBLEPOST=1464543272][/DOUBLEPOST]

Got them 4 down but that was the only edge

Have you by any chance seen how they bat on veteran with skills maxed out?

I can't bloody decide what difficulty to play on or how to skill the teams!!

Have you by any chance seen how they bat on veteran with skills maxed out?

I can't bloody decide what difficulty to play on or how to skill the teams!!

I'm thinking the same, I've been trying to do some testing. I noticed the batsmen with "precise" mentality seemed to do well against me so I made everyone on the India team have that mentality but the following match I bowled them out for 170 in a 50 over match on veteran...however the pitch was green so maybe that is a factor. I'm going to play one more match with this mentality and then maybe set everyone to "aggressive" or "brute" and see how that works out lol...and if that fails then I will max out all their stats, it's all we can do now!

Well I bowled Sri Lanka ATB all out for 246 in 70.5 overs. Had them 51/4. Ranatunga and Dilshan had a 100+ partnership then got them both close together. Murali smashed a quick 30 and Fernando hung around a while.

3 wickets apiece for Larwood Barnes and Botham, 1 for Hammond.

1 edge caught behind. 2 bowleds off edges onto stumps plus a couple of other bowleds, several LBW, 2 caught outfield. 1 drop at first slip off Hedley Verity.

All using v1.02 normal pressure.

I've batted 2 overs and 4/0. The 4 and 1 forward defence are the only proper times I laid bat on ball. 1 other edge not carried. The other 9 balls I played and missed!! 246 seems a long way away. Proper test batting called for.

Can I ask what scores are people dismissing sides for and what AI level/ hack level do you use?

Well, I'm having the same amount of edges and excitement with the AI popping around at about 3.5-4 scoring between 250-400.

However what I do do is, allow there to be some sort of outlet for the AI.

My usual one would be no mid off.

I find with most gaps plugged they struggle to score and then get themselves out.

However allowing them the drive they still pick up runs but it also results in some lovely edges as they try to drive!

I've just started using this hack. Thank you very much for this @francobaldo1 . Awesome work !!!

Started by playing an ODI between Afg (me) v/s Australia on regular skills on legend difficulty, FTv1.02 Normal Pressure.
I simmed my batting and ended at 208 all out. Managed to restrict Australia to 194/7 - they managed to end up choking from my consistent 'negative' lines (full & fast close to the wide line outside off stump) after 35th over onwards. Until the 35th over, there was more balance in the Australian innings with scoring rate around 4.5 - 5 rpo. Oddly though, Nathan Coulter Nile ended up coming at 3 down and played a super weird knock of 52 (114) n.o. - with most of the dots coming during the last 5 overs of their batting innings. Wish something could be done (either by BA or by Franco) to prevent the AI playing a tame defense or letting go of deliveries with asking rate above 10 rpo.

Also played a test between Afg (me) v/s South Africa on regular skills on legend difficulty, FTv1.02 Normal Pressure.
Managed to bowl out SA for 214 (67 overs) and 208 (56 overs) in both innings getting a 5 wkt haul in each innings - with a left arm spinner in the first innings and a right arm medium pacer in the second.
Bowling with the hack on was superb fun. There were still plenty of occasions where the batters punished bad balls or whenever I got too predictable.
I proceeded to bat with the hack on - ended up with 64 all out in both my innings :P. Lesson learnt - Avoid using hack to bat in Legend difficulty. (the only safe scoring shot I could manage was the flick of the legs)

Bloody keeper just poached a catch off slip off the spinner! Reflexes of superman haha!

Would of looked so much more nerdy satisfying had he left it!

Users who are viewing this thread