dbc hacks: fearsome tweak v2.90 +minigame v0.03

The patch basically decreases the skills of the batsmen. It's isn't exactly tweaking the edges' frequency, is what I have concluded from my tests.
Getting edges on Legend difficulty hasnt happened ever but this has brought the fresh new feel to the bowling department for sure..

The patch basically decreases the skills of the batsmen.

like @blockerdave said have played quite a bit with lower skilled batmsan but it isnt the same! This is certainly way better! Really eager to know the recipe of @francobaldo1 's secret sauce

@MattW any chance you would try this out and your thoughts on it, cause the whole edge/bowling thing is something you are taking care of with personal interest in dbc17!

Last edited:
Well done Franco - breathing new life into the game. Shame it's not config style adjustments you are doing but seems great work nonetheless

Hey @Dutch what pressure settings are you using and what difficulty? Also are the AI posting a good total?

I've only tried "normal" and "very high pressure" on veteran. Maybe I should try "high pressure" too. Also should probably try playing on Legend and see if it makes a difference in AI not getting cleaned up cheaply?

EDIT: I've found a bug of some sorts. I nicked one batsman 3x caught behind, the finger went up, celebration happened and then the next delivery began and he was still there.

This happened with one batsmen 3x and another once, any reason for this?

Last edited:
Played 2 more pro 40 matches with normal +high pressure.
4 star Ai
Vs
2 star team me.
1-10 over High pressure
10 onwards normal

Ai got out cheaply.117 and 141 Wkts were mix of edges runouts and outfield cathes.

Then used the save and exit field set strategy while batting... As usual enjoyed batting more than bowling.

Just playing a four ball over Pro 40 game against Italy in honour of @francobaldo1 .....this is really breathing new life into bowling......4 overs in, three edges past the slips and gully but the good thing is they are punishing anything that even smells of being a bad ball. I really feel I have chance with the ball and not just play to contain runs...slips are there for a reason now and not just cosmetics! Great stuff....

i bow to you dutch ^^

grkrama i m using ollydbg and others debuggers for assembler. Cheat engine is very nice, you can do quick search with it.

chaman consider this only an alpha version, i will make another in the next hours.

I might be streaming on twitch a little during Chelsea - Tottenham, if someone wants to chat.

SAF(me) vs NZ, 50 Over ODI, NZ Batting 1st, Difficulty; Veteran.

I set it to "high pressure" for the first 7-8 overs, got 0 edges and the NZ batsmen were doing well with 47 odd on the board for no wickets. Then all hell broke loose, I set it to very high pressure and it was edges galore. If you bowl a straight delivery and release it before it gets into the green ticker so it's full length you will get edges like no tomorrow. The innings ended at 11 overs as I got them all out, mainly caught behind by the keeper, a few lbw's and an edge which went onto hit the stumps.

So I think it's safe to say something in very high pressure needs to be tweaked, or maybe @francobaldo1 can tweak something in the other pressure settings?

Thanks, hope this is of some help!

Hey @Dutch what pressure settings are you using and what difficulty? Also are the AI posting a good total?

I've only tried "normal" and "very high pressure" on veteran. Maybe I should try "high pressure" too. Also should probably try playing on Legend and see if it makes a difference in AI not getting cleaned up cheaply?

EDIT: I've found a bug of some sorts. I nicked one batsman 3x caught behind, the finger went up, celebration happened and then the next delivery began and he was still there.

This happened with one batsmen 3x and another once, any reason for this?

I have had the batsmen not out even though he is out thing before this patch as well...

I have the pressure on high and on very high for tailenders...so wickets sometimes 8 but 9 and 10 in any case....my games are running to the full allotted forty overs on veteran......getting various types of wickets and enough edges to keep a whole bunch of U2 fans more than happy.......(see what I did there? :p)

hi, as i said before a good idea is to use the hack on High settings, and then select Very High for 3-4 balls when your bowling is
becoming ineffective, then go back on High setting. About the bug of the batsmen not out, 99% is not caused by the hack.

I am testing now some things on stream, if you want to chat ^^
Twitch

hi, as i said before a good idea is to use the hack on High settings, and then select Very High for 3-4 balls when your bowling is
becoming ineffective, then go back on High setting. About the bug of the batsmen not out, 99% is not caused by the hack.

I am testing now some things on stream, if you want to chat ^^
Twitch

Just missed your broadcast unfortunately! How did the testing go? What are you actually testing? I tried to watch the video but couldn't get the sound up.....

this is a wonderful patch. i think - on high pressure - it might be a little too in favour of the bowler, but it's not far off at all.

what it gives most especially is you're thinking about your field - how many slips, a gully or not, gully and backward point?? And of course, the more you put in to catch the more gaps there are, so there's scores to be made too. THAT is a huge part of cricket that has been lacking in DBC because the slips were more or less cosmetic. now you have a real dilemma - if i put in an extra slip there's another gap, but i might get the wicket...

top top work franco.

Users who are viewing this thread