DBC14 Console Digital Version, Patch#2, Patch#3

The_Pharoah

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
@Ross is there any changelog available?
also plz expand the commentary level.

yes on the changelog....I'm not sure they can just expand the commentary level through a patch - I may be wrong, but I would expect this to come in DB15 or Db16 or whatever. besides, commentary is just a collection of pre-recorded sentences which, after a while, you would've heard 'em all.

Prashanth Justy

School Cricketer
problem with batting

There isn't a need to restart the career, in any case it's only two weeks away.

Hello Ross
Hope you atleast give me a proper answer for the problem im facing..
i play with my friend in ps3 and when we play spin bowling we are finding it absolutely difficult to time the ball correctly resulting in bold or lbw or caught behind or caught inside the circle.
i practiced well and im able to play well against pace bowlers.
The real problem is when i play in PRO mode im not able to judge the difference between the slow flighted delivery and the quicker one by the off spinner.
Apart from that im absolutely in love with the game.
hope you help me out in this
thank you so much Regards
Great job on the game

ellgieff

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Hello Ross
i play with my friend in ps3 and when we play spin bowling we are finding it absolutely difficult to time the ball correctly resulting in bold or lbw or caught behind or caught inside the circle.
i practiced well and im able to play well against pace bowlers.
The real problem is when i play in PRO mode im not able to judge the difference between the slow flighted delivery and the quicker one by the off spinner.
Apart from that im absolutely in love with the game.
hope you help me out in this
thank you so much Regards
Great job on the game

With spinners it's important to be aware that you have _plenty_ of time to pick the delivery and play it. You should be playing much, much later than you probably think.

It's the slower ball from the pacemen that I have problems with, because taking the time to pick it ends up with me getting skittled by the normal paced deliveries.

Jadel

Club Captain
Hello Ross

Why do you think its up to the game developer to help you with this?

You need to practice. You already got an answer. Its not a bug or a patch or an issue. Its that you havent spent enough time practicing.

this belongs in ... Post your questions about the game here! with no reference made to devs.

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
will the issue of the AI batsmen diving too much fixed in patch 2?
Please reply

I dont think so as that's not gameplay affecting stuff so nothing to worry but the batsman diving and getting up outside the crease and getting out is corrected in Patch#2....:)

javs52

School Cricketer
It has not been mentioned anywhere here but I would like that the batsman should be able to move far more on the crease if we move him to left or right. Currently it's like baby steps.
I would like to be have the freedom to move all the way past the off stump if I want to.

ellgieff

Club Captain
It has not been mentioned anywhere here but I would like that the batsman should be able to move far more on the crease if we move him to left or right. Currently it's like baby steps.
I would like to be have the freedom to move all the way past the off stump if I want to.

That's weird, I've occasionally wished my boy would jump around the crease less - I've been bowled because I got a bit excited and leapt all the way across to off to a ball that hit leg stump.

Acid Burn

International Coach
Profile Flag
South Africa
I think he refers to the pre-delivery movements thats very small , versus the after delivery movements , which is quite elaborate and un-needed(unexpected) sometimes.

ellgieff

Club Captain
I think he refers to the pre-delivery movements thats very small , versus the after delivery movements , which is quite elaborate and un-needed(unexpected) sometimes.

Oh, OK.

I've often wished that movement either didn't exist, or was much more "pick a guard" and less "oh shit, he's crawling around the stumps and the bowler is almost in his delivery stride"

It's one of the things that forced me to stop attempting to premeditate footwork :)

Zhish

County Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
Speaking of footwork guys, often when I try to play a glance the batman steps back across and tries to pull it, usually when the ball is full. I push down and right on the sticks (using the traditional camera view) but it seems to go back. I often miss balls because of this or even get out. I've noticed that sometimes I push back to straight on the right stick trying to glance and the batsman plays a late cut instead. That's fair enough I suppose because there has to be a degree where the shot changes, but I can't figure out why the batsman goes back when I clearly push forward

Lebanna

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Speaking of footwork guys, often when I try to play a glance the batman steps back across and tries to pull it, usually when the ball is full. I push down and right on the sticks (using the traditional camera view) but it seems to go back. I often miss balls because of this or even get out. I've noticed that sometimes I push back to straight on the right stick trying to glance and the batsman plays a late cut instead. That's fair enough I suppose because there has to be a degree where the shot changes, but I can't figure out why the batsman goes back when I clearly push forward

Might be worth checking if (in options) you have "invert batting controls" checked. If you don't, check it (or if you do, uncheck it) and see if that helps.

Mr Snrub

International Coach
Maybe a semi-pro difficulty for career because a lot of people are struggling as am I with the batting on career mode. @BigAntStudios

It could be that amateur has been made a little harder, which would help for those not faring the best on Pro?

Last edited:

HBK619

Big Ant Studios
Big Ant
i hope in patch 2 you guys will allow us to start career batting in rookie difficulty... it'll allow us to make it easier and enjoyable.. please confirm

thanks
All 5 difficulties will now be available from the start of a new career.
Will run outs also be fixed ,when batting and press for a run if I cancel the run I cant seem to stretch my bat and then I get run out no attempt from batsmen to plase bat is this a bug or am i doing something wrong pleas help
Run out issues will be fixed.
Maybe a semi-pro difficulty for career because a lot of people are struggling as am I with the batting on career mode. @BigAntStudios
We've re-balanced the difficulties to make things ramp up a lot more fairly this time around.

There won't be as much of a gap between Amateur and Pro now.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread