DBC14 Console Digital Version, Patch#2, Patch#3

There really is no need to premeditate......there is much much more time than you think. I started like everyone premeditating but now I never do. I get shots wrong sometimes but that is my own fault and usually has to do with me premeditating rather than waiting for the ball...I dont find the ball to be unbelievably quick anymore.

I tend to agree now, mostly after I have eventually changed my batting view to broadcast camera. On Pro Camera the time you have definitely "feels" much shorter and I found it very hard to consistently choose the right foot placement. I still wish though that there was more variation in the indication of the length of the ball as it is very difficult to determine if a "good" length ball (green) is best played on the front/back foot.

I think that people would be less inclined to pre-meditate if there were a punishment for getting hit by the ball. Here people can pre-meditate the front foot shots and even if it's short and they get hit, who cares?

I tend to agree now, mostly after I have eventually changed my batting view to broadcast camera. On Pro Camera the time you have definitely "feels" much shorter and I found it very hard to consistently choose the right foot placement. I still wish though that there was more variation in the indication of the length of the ball as it is very difficult to determine if a "good" length ball (green) is best played on the front/back foot.

It's worse than that, man. Particularly when the bowlers get tired.

I recently got out to a ball that was yellow, but landed in his half of the pitch. Needless to say, playing forward to the full ball I was expecting didn't work out that well when it got up around chest height.

I think that people would be less inclined to pre-meditate if there were a punishment for getting hit by the ball. Here people can pre-meditate the front foot shots and even if it's short and they get hit, who cares?

People keep saying this, and I'm not sure why. There is very definitely a penalty - it eats your boys confidence, and increases the bowlers. I think there may be other effects as well, because I often find my guy can't play an effective shot on the next delivery either (although that's a feeling, and it might just me being rattled rather than an in game thing)

Last edited:
hi All, this one has gone off the boil a wee bit i suspect due to PC version being out later in month but thought i would put this out there again, will the console versions of the game be modifiable? if so will this be in a patch for this version of DBC or next? thanks

DBC is on the landing page of the "New this week" section of the SCEE store.

Haven't seen any "featuring" as such, but that's not bad placement!

Attachments

• DSC_0300[1].jpg
    DSC_0300[1].jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 64
But did you manage to avoid the temptation of Farming Simulator and get DBC?

Sshh. I'm building a barn.

Seriously though I actually already HAVE Farming Simulator on PC - Believe it or not it was research for another project. Honest.

Just a quick question and may have already been asked, when patch 2 has been uploaded, will I have to start a competition (not career) again for the changes to be implemented. I am in the middle of a 5 match test series and doing well, or will the changes be there in effect when I play my 3rd Test Match ???

I think that there is a bit of a flaw in selecting the next batsman to come in. Currently you have to choose ahead of time. I think a better system would be to choose the next batsman in when the wicket falls. This is how an actual captain would decide things like a night watchman.

Also, often I forget to make changes to the batting lineup and then I cannot once the wicket falls.

Will any one tell me the procedure of getting patch #2

Will any one tell me the procedure of getting patch #2

1. Check the calendar for June 13th 2014*

2. If it's the said date, turn on your console

3. Insert your copy of the game in the console

4. Verify your console has net connectivity. If not, the next steps won't work

5. You should get a message about new version of software (say version 1.02) being available and whether you want to update the software

6. If you don't get the message in point 5, it means the patch hasn't hit your local psn store (I'm sure similar mechanism exists for xbox live), and follow the above mentioned steps every few hours till you get that "software update available" notification for DBC 14

7. Click 'yes' and the download and installation of the patch shall begin

*The ETA for the patch may change depending on Sony & Microsoft's patch approval process

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread