DBC14 PC Specifications

Sadness is that some from here have very long term accounts registered years ago, they are not n00bs.
I can't speak for the staff, but I doubt they have any issues whatsoever with a name-and-shame policy if you know for certain users are reporting issues and are using cracked copies...

In fact, peer-pressure is prolly the most effective deterrent.

I'm imagining 'waiting for exit' is the new 'Patch not compatible with installed version'.

I'm imagining 'waiting for exit' is the new 'Patch not compatible with installed version'.

It was.

People should understand that we are seeding crappy copies, monitoring the torrents, noting IP addresses, etc. etc.

Not one person who I have PM'd or has mentioned bugs here that are obviously (to us at BA) in the Cracked version only have sent me their Steam Id, pretty sad really.

It's one thing to rip the game off, it's another level to try and cost me staff support and resources that could otherwise be spent making the game better.

I think both are equally shitty. Given the level of support for this place you've shown it's as disrespectful to PlanetCricket and everyone here as much as it is to you. Ban em.

As much as I'd hate it in terms of wanting people to keep visiting PlanetCricket - it might be simpler to have a bug report thread on the Steam forums to link to - where everyone has that little mouse icon next to their name when they have purchased it.

I'm just glad that the bulk of modding functionality will come in updates, so again those who "can't" get updates lose out. Our download forum might make for even more interesting reading once people figure that out.

I'm just glad that the bulk of modding functionality will come in updates...

Smart move, really. No doubt prolly @Ross' plan all along...

As much as I'd hate it in terms of wanting people to keep visiting PlanetCricket - it might be simpler to have a bug report thread on the Steam forums to link to - where everyone has that little mouse icon next to their name when they have purchased it.
Don Bradman Cricket 14 Troubleshooting :: Steam Community

teq30.gif

The functionality where you can actually specify for people that have the game to post, is outstanding.

Smart move, really. No doubt prolly @Ross' plan all along...

It's not the only reason but is a major one. Updates over time slow the pirates down and mean that people second guess is it a "crack" issue or a game issue.

The functionality where you can actually specify for people that have the game to post, is outstanding.
Nice. I've linked to it at the top of the troubleshooting thread - it's simple enough to just direct people there for further assistance.

It's not the only reason but is a major one. Updates over time slow the pirates down and mean that people second guess is it a "crack" issue or a game issue.

Yes makes a lot of sense really.

Also name and shaming Planetcricket people here doesn't bother me. If you are 100% certain then it's tough on them

IMO asking folks to provide their Steam Id as part of the bug report at PC.net will do the same job. You are unlikely to have pirates provide Steam ID and any bug/issue report without the same can be safely ignored and in fact give you a heads up that the guy is a pirate.

I've had one person so far apologise and purchase the product, so that's good. I won't be naming him.

There are a few left, I'd invite them to do the same.

@HBK619 @BigAntStudios

Had this happen just now;

trQLkCW.jpg

Bowling in career mode, batsman played and missed but I thought that maybe there was an inaudible edge (does this happen?) so appealed but it was given not out and the commentator goes "I don't know what they're appealing about!". Thought I'd look at the replay and it turns out the ball passed through the bat.

I know that there are bound to be little imperfections when looking at close-up slo-mo but I suspected this in real time and I thought that the ball's behaviour was based on a proper physics model with accurate collisions.

Last edited by a moderator:
@HBK619 @BigAntStudios

Had this happen just now;

http://i.imgur.com/trQLkCW.jpg

Bowling in career mode, batsman played and missed but I thought that maybe there was an inaudible edge (does this happen?) so appealed but it was given not out and the commentator goes "I don't know what they're appealing about!". Thought I'd look at the replay and it turns out the ball passed through the bat.

I know that there are bound to be little imperfections when looking at close-up slo-mo but I suspected this in real time and I thought that the ball's behaviour was based on a proper physics model with accurate collisions.

The physics model and graphics model are separate and sometimes get out of Synch.

As explained prior, the physics model is a truer representation of what has occurred than the graphics model. It's not ideal and we are trying to iron out the issue.

Users who are viewing this thread