DBC17 Features!

Just an idea.

Umpire skill level?
Umpire reluctance/conservativeness in LBW appeals?

Just an idea.

Umpire skill level?
Umpire reluctance/conservativeness in LBW appeals?

The conservativeness in LBW appeals in particular is a great idea, would really give the umpires a 'personality'.

Perhaps Dharmasena's skills may have taken a bit of a hit in that regard recently, though.

Can someone please confirm the following features if thats available

- Dynamic camera during Fielding/running like in international cricket 10
- any trophies for profile ranking progress i.e 1, 5, 10, 25, 50, onwards
- ground designs and grass shades

One more query few stadiums have iconic buildings or pavilion e.g. green clock looklike tower in SCG so in stadium creator how these trademark paviolion/stands would work.

Rest excellent work done by developers specially lots of additions in career mode.

^ For a second there, I thought it was one of the BA's staff's post.

One more query few stadiums have iconic buildings or pavilion e.g. green clock looklike tower in SCG so in stadium creator how these trademark paviolion/stands would work.

I'm guessing they'd have to tread pretty carefully outside of the licensed stadiums. There are no hard and fast rules, but the more "iconic" something is, the easier it would be to identify as IP infringement.

(But then, as we always said, PES was pretty much on the money and EA didn't move on it (and football is a much more hotly monitored sport). And if EA aren't itching with litigation then very little chance anyone else is. :)

Will there be a manual save in this title? It was incredibly frustrating having to quit and reload the game just to have it save.

Sure, maybe some people would use this to cheat, but who cares if they do?

I know early when DBC14 came out there were lots of bugs with running between the wickets so being able to reload from an earlier save was useful to avoid this problem. I also had some issues of the game crashing occasionally.

Also, when you save and reload the game all of the cool BARS data resets so I could never see a nice full wagon wheel of my player, for example.

Yes what blocker said, the ability to simply do a manual save of a file of your choice.

I know this may not be common practice in most sports games but most sports don't last as long as cricket and require multiple plays.

Last edited:
Yes what blocker said, the ability to simply do a manual save of a file of your choice.

I know this may not be common practice in most sports games but most sports don't last as long as cricket and require multiple plays.

Yes please - the option to save and NOT have to exit, then restart the match - that would be terrific. Does anyone have an answer to this??????

I *think* there was a problem regarding Microsoft/Sony rules on this. Something along the lines of it helping people cheat, such that they could then rack up more achievements or higher spots on the leaderboard but, let's be honest, that's a very weak reason and ruins it for the rest of us.

And let's say it cannot be implemented on consoles, perhaps it could be on PC?

Will there be a manual save in this title?

I vote for this one too. I understand that there is the element of exploitation if this is implemented but it also hinders the experience of those who are not bothered about leaderboards/standings and just want to have the option of continuing without exiting.

Saw the recent videos of DBC 17. Its undoubtedly seems the best as far as customization is concerned. There seems a deeper career mode and loads of customization but is the gameplay looking more different? I guess not. Some core elements in the gameplay needed to be addressed in my view which are ignored. I won't blame big ant if the fans only wished the changes other than the core gameplay.

Saw the recent videos of DBC 17. Its undoubtedly seems the best as far as customization is concerned. There seems a deeper career mode and loads of customization but is the gameplay looking more different? I guess not. Some core elements in the gameplay needed to be addressed in my view which are ignored. I won't blame big ant if the fans only wished the changes other than the core gameplay.

The core gameplay changes needed are purely related to the AI, particularly their batting, and there is no means of judging that based on a few 5 over games played between two humans.

Mid wicket is accessible for batters, straight drive is a viable shot now, spin bowling overhaul, spinners can get big turn, a lot of new quick options for field placement, I found an edge with my first over of bowling and heaps more improvements that I cant think of. If it ain't broke.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread