DBC17 Features!

Mid wicket is accessible for batters, straight drive is a viable shot now, spin bowling overhaul, spinners can get big turn, a lot of new quick options for field placement, I found an edge with my first over of bowling and probably heaps more improvements. If it ain't broke.
Dont forget the run up options, wider, closer and middle line runup..That would play a huge part as well..

The core gameplay changes needed are purely related to the AI, particularly their batting, and there is no means of judging that based on a few 5 over games played between two humans.

Not judging rather what I have seen so far as far as batting is concerned. I feel there was a lot to improve in the human batting as well more importantly than the AI batting. The shot selection and batting animation, the motion capture and the like. Will have to wait and see with actual play but by the looks so far it seems the same thing. Also Let's see what has done as far as crowd sound is concerned. Will it be different for different countries representing them or just one sound piece?

Also how realistic compared to live cricket. New ball movement, sharp thin and thick edges etc remains a question that we need to find out

Not judging rather what I have seen so far as far as batting is concerned. I feel there was a lot to improve in the human batting as well more importantly than the AI batting. The shot selection and batting animation, the motion capture and the like. Will have to wait and see with actual play but by the looks so far it seems the same thing. Also Let's see what has done as far as crowd sound is concerned. Will it be different for different countries representing them or just one sound piece?

Also how realistic compared to live cricket. New ball movement, sharp thin and thick edges etc remains a question that we need to find out

Yes this was a problem in DBC14 in that you could swing the ball at practically any over with bowlers of practically any skill. Having a new or old ball made very little difference.

I wish it were hard to bowl ridiculous inswinging yorkers rather than just push a couple of buttons.

I know this may not be common practice in most sports games but most sports don't last as long as cricket and require multiple plays.

If you're playing over multiples sessions then you can easily quit when you stop playing. The only reason why it would be implemented would be so people can reload if they lose a wicket...

If you're playing over multiples sessions then you can easily quit when you stop playing. The only reason why it would be implemented would be so people can reload if they lose a wicket...

This is not true and I gave two other reasons:

1) There might be a glitch in the game, perhaps causing an unfair loss of a wicket (e.g. the many run out glitches early in DBC14)
2) Depending on your PC it may crash occasionally. Mine did (more my PC's fault than DBC14 but still...)

We're only asking for a save button. It's not bloody cheerleaders, grass types or that stupid "unique" shot Dhoni plays.

This is not true and I gave two other reasons:

1) There might be a glitch in the game, perhaps causing an unfair loss of a wicket (e.g. the many run out glitches early in DBC14)
2) Depending on your PC it may crash occasionally. Mine did (more my PC's fault than DBC14 but still...)

We're only asking for a save button. It's not bloody cheerleaders, grass types or that stupid "unique" shot Dhoni plays.
I have faced such issues but I always have a milestone set to save like say every 25 runs and start again from there, thats become the usual part of my game..But I have always felt the game behaves differently when we restart from the save like all the physics and the gameplay have reset in DBC 14...
I dont mind doing that again but yeah a save button would be good though, or even auto cloud save..

One reason for save button I can give is "We are three brothers,We have a single PC on which we play our games.So sometimes when one of us is playing a game,One of the other or both will come in the room and hijack the controls just for fun.I wouldn't mind that if it is a casual game but if it is a Campaign or Career mode then I would have loved to save after every couple of overs."

Quite frankly in DBC14 I was unable to bat that easily and shot selection was immensely tough. I proceeded a lot in career mode though with near to international selection but then lost interest and got busy in other life's stuff. Sometimes making the game too hard near to realism decreases your fun in play. Where is that classic ball marker so that I can come to know where the ball will pitch? Come on I am not there live its still a game and developers should have realized that

DBC14 by far a great cricket game but they should had taken somethings from the Ashes Cricket 2009 and 2010. The hotness, shot selection and commentary was awesome in Ashes Cricket and all these aspects make a game fun. While those were missing in DBC 14. It will take time to them I suppose. They must have their own plans when to integrate that stuff maybe five years later but that would be there eventually I suppose. Good Luck to Big Ant for that. They really own Cricket video game now.

Last edited:
I felt DBC 14 was better than Ashes Cricket although I do think some elements on shot selection could be taken from it

Quite frankly in DBC14 I was unable to bat that easily and shot selection was immensely tough. I proceeded a lot in career mode though with near to international selection but then lost interest and got busy in other life's stuff. Sometimes making the game too hard near to realism decreases your fun in play. Where is that classic ball marker so that I can come to know where the ball will pitch? Come on I am not there live its still a game and developers should have realized that

DBC14 by far a great cricket game but they should had taken somethings from the Ashes Cricket 2009 and 2010. The hotness, shot selection and commentary was awesome in Ashes Cricket and all these aspects make a game fun. While those were missing in DBC 14. It will take time to them I suppose. They must have their own plans when to integrate that stuff maybe five years later but that would be there eventually I suppose. Good Luck to Big Ant for that. They really own Cricket video game now.

Did you try turning the difficulty down to the lowest setting?

I guess I did. My most playtime went in career mode though

Ah bugger mate. sorry about that.

I "think" there's sliders in this game (in gameplay modifiers in the menu). if that's true hopefully that helps.

Can't see them changing back to a pitch marker. sorry matev

Ah bugger mate. sorry about that.

I "think" there's sliders in this game (in gameplay modifiers in the menu). if that's true hopefully that helps.

Can't see them changing back to a pitch marker. sorry matev

No problem, Its just one aspect. My other concerns I already posted. :) Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread