DBC17 Features!

let me put on detail for batting agg levels , level 0 = just block everything , level 1 = mainly block but look for singles and doubles too if there is opportunity , level 2 = knock around singles and doubles with very few blocks , level 3 = knock around singles and doubles and keep an eye for a boundary if there is opportunity , level 4=singles and doubles and little risk to score boundary every know and then , level 5 = attacking cricket with medium risk for boundaries , level 6=risky cricket with lots of risk taking for boundaries , level 7= brutal cricket the batsmen will go after almost every ball

For bowling agg = level 0 = just line and length stuff with stock delivery will bowl according to field, level 1-2= line and length stuff with minimal variation mostly bowl according to field, level 3-4 = line and length with medium variation can go a bit wild and not bowl according to field, level 5-6 = more reliance on variation and wicket taking deliveries can go for some runs level 7= bowler will go mad and unleash all sorts of arsenal he is having to knock the batsmen out can go for plenty too.

i like where you're going with this however I think that's a bit too much micromanagement. The way I think of it is, what would Boof (Aussie coach) say? I think he'd probably give more of a general direction (ie. the pre session chat) where they decide what to do...then change it on the fly. eg. 300 runs to get on day 5. Do we go in normal, hard or play for a draw? The thing with bowling is, you're ALWAYS trying for a wicket unless its a specific plan for each batsman, which I don't think DB is capable of (not at this stage anyway).

I actually started a career last night as a batsman in DB14 but playing in pro mode (only did sparingly previously)...all I can say is wow...what a totally different view!! however it brought home the point where we lost by 14 runs in the last session and the batsmen didn't even go for it...they just walked off with 14 runs to go (and 5 wickets in hand) for a draw. That's just silly. This is where a 'go for the win' team message would/should change that type of outcome.

i like where you're going with this however I think that's a bit too much micromanagement. The way I think of it is, what would Boof (Aussie coach) say? I think he'd probably give more of a general direction (ie. the pre session chat) where they decide what to do...then change it on the fly. eg. 300 runs to get on day 5. Do we go in normal, hard or play for a draw? The thing with bowling is, you're ALWAYS trying for a wicket unless its a specific plan for each batsman, which I don't think DB is capable of (not at this stage anyway).

I actually started a career last night as a batsman in DB14 but playing in pro mode (only did sparingly previously)...all I can say is wow...what a totally different view!! however it brought home the point where we lost by 14 runs in the last session and the batsmen didn't even go for it...they just walked off with 14 runs to go (and 5 wickets in hand) for a draw. That's just silly. This is where a 'go for the win' team message would/should change that type of outcome.

I agree that there should be types of messages (if you are captain) but really the AI should be able to read the situation and win from that position without the need for any messages.

I agree that there should be types of messages (if you are captain) but really the AI should be able to read the situation and win from that position without the need for any messages.

lol yeah if they've improved the AI from DB14. Have a read of my post just before yours ie. where my County team lost by 14 runs with 5 wickets in hand and no apparent change in tempo (prob due to how they model the simulating).

lol yeah if they've improved the AI from DB14. Have a read of my post just before yours ie. where my County team lost by 14 runs with 5 wickets in hand and no apparent change in tempo (prob due to how they model the simulating).

Yeah, that's a joke. I'm sure that would have been improved on.

Can some one tell me whether different overlays and pitch ads are used according to the venue of the match?

Will there be more depth in the tournament creator, as in DBC14 there isn't a lot of customisation options?

This probably has been covered somewhere, but I want to know what leagues and teams are in this game. Can anyone tell me? Thanks!

This probably has been covered somewhere, but I want to know what leagues and teams are in this game. Can anyone tell me? Thanks!

Any league you want, :) Create it and it's there. Most of the well known ones will be made by others here in the community with incredible detail with logos/faces/grounds for you. Just got to find them in the online acadamy :)

Any league you want, :) Create it and it's there. Most of the well known ones will be made by others here in the community with incredible detail with logos/faces/grounds for you. Just got to find them in the online acadamy :)
Oh, sick! Are there any that you get when you buy it apart from national teams?

Oh, sick! Are there any that you get when you buy it apart from national teams?

By default it will have teams on the disk i.e international teams (the main test playing nations +3 or 4 lower teams) IPL teams,English county,AUS county, ect.... But all teams can be edited with the academy/online community. They will be much more indepth with closer looking faces/badges/kits. Big Ant obviously put time into it but they give the users (us) the tools to create it how we want it, And if were're not that good at creating stuff many on this forum are incredible at it do most of the major teams and even older classic teams. They are already making the teams on the academy now for DBC17 :) Have a look around on the 'Created Players, Logos, Uniforms and Stadiums,' Thread some incredible work has been done there.

sorry for the underlines... i copied the title of the forum post and it messed my text up lol :) http://www.planetcricket.org/forums/posts/3082909/

Users who are viewing this thread