dbc17 hacks: fearsome tweak v1.51

in the previous game i was able to do it actually. Shouldnt be different in 17. Dont think it will directly cause a mistake from
a batsman (from what i remember even if you move him 1 miles away he gets teleported back when he does the shot),
but the different timing and footwork can probably have a strong impact.
At the moment it seems like when you hit the pads they are outside the line, bowl too straight and it gets maneuvered down legside. If they don't teleport, it'd be interesting to have a go and see if there's any difference.

Does Franco's tweaks fix stats bug in career mode for PC users?

Hi @francobaldo1 I know you're getting a lot of requests, so here's another. I'm not sure how easy it'd be to do.

Any chance you could find a way to move the default guard of the batsman? Perhaps as a selection button before starting the game. It's something I'd really like to try.

I've been playing around a bit; moved the batsmen manually one left/right step and then bowled at them. It sticks, but changes back with new batsman. Within about two or three overs I'd got my first bowled off a good length delivery to a top order batsman that I can remember. The default movements are a bit too far for me and I just wonder if adding a middle ground, between the default and one step across could introduce more bowleds and lbws.

You know a lot more about the inner workings so it might not make a difference if you can add it to your to do list I'd be very happy.

(pic below I made a while ago)

in30TeP.png

I mean you should be getting a decent number of bowled/lbws just by using the tweak anyway. I know I am.

Especially loving bowling as a spinner and getting some great looking ones.

I mean you should be getting a decent number of bowled/lbws just by using the tweak anyway. I know I am.

Especially loving bowling as a spinner and getting some great looking ones.
I'll confess I haven't actually used it yet. I've not been playing for a few weeks and only just got back into it the last couple of days. I'll give it a go this afternoon.

With regards to moving the batsman's guard it's more of a curiousity to see if it does have any effect based on shots being played are similar but does it produce more instances of beating the bat or having them trapped in front. Just playing around and moving the batsmen manually I've seen bowleds without losing any of the edges.

I've been away for a while (working in Singapore), so haven't had as much time as I would have liked to test out the hack. I am back now, however, and just wanted to say that I'm getting a very good experience running this in a custom Test Match competition. The scorecards look pretty good with a distribution of dismissal types that I really wasn't getting before. Thanks, once again, for your sterling work, @francobaldo1.

not at the moment, maybe something can be done to at least prevent them. Fix them is unlikely (i havent looked tough).
Prevent stats bug should be fixing it.. right? Am I missing something?

had a rain delay with the visual effect of rain for the first time. Not sure it happened for something i changed tough, but it was nice. The delay
was of 15 minutes. I have put the video on youtube but the video quality is not enough to see it clearly (maybe in fullscreen)

had a rain delay with the visual effect of rain for the first time. Not sure it happened for something i changed tough, but it was nice. The delay
was of 15 minutes. I have put the video on youtube but the video quality is not enough to see it clearly (maybe in fullscreen)
I'm really enjoying DBC17 but I am disappointed with the lack of weather. I've said before, if this had been developed in the UK, I'm sure they would have got weather conditions right...possibly before (and to the exclusion of) anything else.

Just finished a really exciting match using @blockerdave's 1980's teams and @francobaldo1's excellent hack. I've created a 6-team world test match championship with each team playing each other twice. This round I played as West Indies and won by the slenderest of margins. The final wicket was Malcolm Marshall up-ending, man of the match, Jeff Thomson's middle stump when all seemed lost. Big cheer from me as the wicket went down...hope I didn't wake the kids. No matter what people say, this is still by far the best cricket game I've encountered...and, like with DBC14, I am extremely grateful to Franco for making such exciting matches a possibility.

Scorecard, in case anyone is interested:

6gqT0Tl.jpg

t6tnUwG.jpg

q3SKagx.jpg

fQEBdHS.jpg

bEqLIOc.jpg

iBRsKlF.jpg

Wyrz9g8.jpg

qoXDZeG.jpg

nDQ0X0Y.jpg

Just finished a really exciting match using @blockerdave's 1980's teams and @francobaldo1's excellent hack. I've created a 6-team world test match championship with each team playing each other twice. This round I played as West Indies and won by the slenderest of margins. The final wicket was Malcolm Marshall up-ending, man of the match, Jeff Thomson's middle stump when all seemed lost. Big cheer from me as the wicket went down...hope I didn't wake the kids. No matter what people say, this is still by far the best cricket game I've encountered...and, like with DBC14, I am extremely grateful to Franco for making such exciting matches a possibility.

Scorecard, in case anyone is interested:

6gqT0Tl.jpg

t6tnUwG.jpg

q3SKagx.jpg

fQEBdHS.jpg

bEqLIOc.jpg

iBRsKlF.jpg

Wyrz9g8.jpg

qoXDZeG.jpg

nDQ0X0Y.jpg

Windies 1980 might be my favourite team ever in any sport ^^ love that period.

I'm checking about the possibility to add rain in a match. In the game i was playing i had rain on screen for half the time, will see
if i can replicate it.

^care to share whats your next target in fearsome tweak? wish it was magic ball or bowling speed slider :D

Windies 1980 might be my favourite team ever in any sport ^^ love that period.

I'm checking about the possibility to add rain in a match. In the game i was playing i had rain on screen for half the time, will see
if i can replicate it.
Yes...that period was a personal favourite too. Great memories of watching Windies and Pakistan sides, in particular.

On the weather front, I was hoping for a lot more in DBC17. It's not just about a rain animation playing at random. Weather should feel different and appropriate based on time of year and geographical location. A cold early season match in Durham should feel very different to the humidity of a Sri Lankan Summer. So weather should be about light, humidity, rain, cloud cover, wind, (snow?), etc. all interacting and changing appropriately over the course of a match based on time of year and location. I know this isn't something that is possible with DBC17...but it would be nice if it at least got cloudy before it rained.

So with the Mrs and me breaking up I have been seven weeks without a PC now... Let's hope it isn't floating around in a polder somewhere.

Dutch's amazing dismissals have made this wait even harder!

I hope mentalities have a bit of an effect, because these wickets look absolutely sublime.

Well done Franco, I am watching from afar.

Users who are viewing this thread