DBC17 Patch 4 available now on PS4/Xbox One

Cloud Starkman

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Australia
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Surprisingly that has the AI set to pro.

Was an accident but Id you check my thread they have scored over 300 twice.

Camera is bowling far with fielding camera 1!
I'm playing a ODI ATM against Zimbabwe on pro they made 5/324 off there 50 overs same camera view but broadcast view for fielding
Are you using manual or semi assisted fielding?

Cloud Starkman

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Australia
hey guys, any idea how to design a tournament similar to champions trophy?

i play 2 four team leagues sim one and play the one with my team. When I get to the end of that I will play a 4 team ko with the top 2 teams of previous comp you can get them to play the correct teams by adding the teams in a certain order.
If you mess around with the way you add teams you should be able to get them the same as the comp you want to play
I have worked out that round 1 is 1 plays 4
2 plays 3
Round 2 1 plays 2 then 3 plays 4
Round 3 1 plays 3 then 2 plays 4
This way you can play comps that have groups

Xboxer

Club Captain
Profile Flag
United Arab Emirates
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Does anyone else have a feeling that Patch 4 has opened up more glitches / bugs than before ? To be fair more features have been added, but with this comes more bugs and hence the need to report them.

I had downloaded tons of teams from Llewelynf, Wasteyouryouth, Aguycalledkiko, mrdconnors and others. Assigned the stadiums correctly to all teams. I faced the following so far and will add to the list and report them on the bug thread altogether in one video clip:
  1. Bat-Pad - Batsman is given out even though the ball has only hit the pads and gone to the Keeper's hand - this has happened 4-5 times. No option to review the decision is available.
  2. Bat-Pad - Ball balloons up in the air up to 50 meters after an inside edge on to the pad.
  3. Magic Ball - Ball goes through the bat and is given out caught by Keeper despite having played an ideal / good shot. On replays, it shows the ball has gone through the bat (ball animation is similar to an edge).
  4. Scoreboard glitch - Wrong details of the over appear at the first ball. First ball in an ODI for star player, the score is 0/0 of 0.0. But details for the over appears as if 5 balls have been bowled for the current over (0,W,0,0,1). I have reported this issue on the bug thread.
  5. Ball Animation - Ball appears magically in the Fielder's hands although it was far from him a second ago.
  6. Career bats not sticking- Bats assigned to the career player is used only in Test matches. In ODI & T20, the career player is using the default bat.
  7. Stumping - Batsman doesn't get back in immediately after stepping out and missing a shot.
  8. Field set up - While bowling the 1st over of a new bowler, I change the fielders manually but when I go back to bowl, that fielder mysteriously moves back to his original spot making my field change ineffective.
  9. AI Misfield - Many aggressive shots (ground shots and aerial shots) go past the fielder without their notice. At times, the ball hits the fielder's feet and stops, while at times it misses and goes all the way to the boundary. This happened even with shot force modified to 60 and with default shot force at 50.
  10. AI Field Changing - AI changes Fielders even after I leave a ball / play a perfect defense.
  11. AI Field changing - I hit 2 boundaries towards third man over the slip cordon but AI places a fielder in Deep Point rather than a third man. Another 2 boundaries towards third man and now the Deep Point fielder has been brought inside (and still no third man). 5th ball has been blocked by batsman, not AI places a Third man.
  12. AI Field changing - Field changing by AI happens almost on every ball in some overs - irrespective of how you have played the over.
  13. Field change - Sometimes I receive a notification that Field setup has been changed by AI, but when I check the field set up has not changed at all.
  14. Rains - Matches being disrupted by rain, however no rain is visible and there is clear sunlight across the ground.
  15. Overthrows made by AI fielders after I run a single are still being as 4 runs instead of 1+4 - Also the same batsman is on strike.
  16. Striker/Non-striker - When a Batsman is caught in the deep, the new batsman walks in and gets on strike instead of the non-striker of the previous ball, despite having crossed over to the non-striker end.
  17. Dynamic line up - Openers in my team were being shuffled even after they had scored half centuries in previous matches. Whereas I was retained in the team despite scoring only 20s or 30s. I noticed this in Test Matches and ODIs and T20s. This could be due to injuries, but there's no way to know and looks like a bug in the dynamic line up settings.
  18. Stadiums are being wrongly named or replaced during a Career tournament. I played at 4 different venues in India, but the same stadium appeared each time.
  19. Stats - While playing custom tournaments some players have played 1 or 2 matches but number of innings appears as
Yesterday I have deleted / reset game and have started playing with all things default (out of the box) and noticed most of the issues have not repeated. Will update based on today's play again.

Last edited:

Toecrusher

Club Captain
In general the experience with Patch 4 seems like a good improvement (good to see edges through slips and falling short!), however a couple of niggling issues that would be great if can be ironed out:

- Bat pad smash. Played a test match SA vs NZ on dusty pitch with Medium/Medium and all default settings, and 6 of the first 7 wickets were bat pad smashes to short-leg (not silly mid-on)

- Field placement saving. Fields don't change when you change them. And fields automatically change when you don't change them. Essentially its all a bit random and doesn't follow your instructions to save. This happens almost 100% of the time in certain points of the game, after which you just give up and decide to live with two mid-offs!

Aware there's a lot of other bugs that have been documented, however just listing what is most negatively affecting my experience at this point.

Reactions: Pat

Wealey

ICC Board Member
I'm playing a ODI ATM against Zimbabwe on pro they made 5/324 off there 50 overs same camera view but broadcast view for fielding
Are you using manual or semi assisted fielding?

Fully assisted mate, I like to see the edges fly to keeper and slip without any slowdown! Interesting to see your having similar experience on Pro!

Cloud Starkman

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Australia
Fully assisted mate, I like to see the edges fly to keeper and slip without any slowdown! Interesting to see your having similar experience on Pro!
Yeah the AI really accelerated scored 102 in the last 10 overs I played with manual fielding

riteshagl

County Cricketer
I have played the game extensively post patch 4 (Xbox one). I have mostly batted (not bowled as much) in casual, tournament and career mode (Medium, Medium, Veteran). I must say i am very impressed with the status of the game. I dont think there has been a massive overhaul in the gameplay (not that is was needed in first place), but the little little things have been worked at. Its a much polished and enjoyable product. For starters, i love the fact that they have darkened the ball length markers (also yellow marker has been rightly changed to orange). The game feels much smoother. While batting, you feel much more in control of your shots. Batting timing is slightly delayed which gives you that extra bit of time. Footwork is less sensitive and edges feel super real. Absolutely love the edges. Also, the shot power feels spot on especially when your timing is ideal. Running between the wickets is much better (though not as good as DBC 14) and the AI fielding is much sharper. There was this one instant when the ball was going for a six and the AI fielder jumped (ala IPL style) and tapped the ball inside, thereby saving the six. It was bloody epic. AI field placements is quite good as well though sometimes you feel why is this fielder not there and why is that fielder not there. But hey, doesnt that happen in real life as well. Captains being critised for their field placements. The AI bowling variation has also improved. Love the fact that spinners bowl short deliveries. I dont see any issue in stamina nor in batting feedback (which were pretty broken pre-patch 4). Also, i am yet to see any problem in career stats (i did not delete all my data, just started a new career). All in all, its these little little things which completely turn the game around, for the good of course.

Having said everything, there are few issues which need attention, out of which 3 issues are more important IMO. The first being the bat-pad issue. I have reported it in the bugs thread as well. I dont want to speak much about it but it surely needs to be toned down. Second, the AI changing fields almost every delivery is pretty annoying. Third, manual field changes not sticking is one major issue which really needs to be corrected.

Apart from these, late cut to spinners have been improved post-patch 4 (you can generally late cut wider deliveries without the keeper catching it) but still some tuning would be nice. Also, running between wickets is pretty quick, reducing the running speed by maybe 10% would be nice as taking single on almost every delivery is easy. Sometimes the field goes blurry. Sliding fielder results in boundary as his feet touches the rope while sliding. Unable to run after ball hits the stumps (during run out). The AI changes field during free hit. In general, i dont find backfoot shots convincing. I feel the backlift is too big during backfoot shots. I cant pin point the issue and what can be done to improve but backfoot play is not as solid as front foot play. Also, it would be nice to know the correct gameplay modifier values for easy/medium/hard settings. For eg. i want to play on hard setting but increase ball marker time value. Though, post patch 4, we can see easy/medium/hard values but they are incorrect.

However, i am extremely delighted with whatever we have and really looking forward to some exciting hours of gameplay. We need to realise that in spite of limited resources, Big Ant has provided us such a beautiful game. EA with all the hooooo-haaaaa have not given us anything close to this. We all need to support these guys and be grateful to them.

jaffar100

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I have noticed that custom fields are not taking by AI during game play when I am batting and AI bowling...
Even mine created custom fields were used by AI earlier before the patch.
Can anybody officially confirm this featured got removed after patch4?
Did anybody observed the same issue ?

jaffar100

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
IMG_2029.JPG
IMG_2064.JPG

I have got some really good gameplay with above custom settings and edges carry to keeper as well... hope this help you guys.

WhiteCat

Club Cricketer
Does anyone else have a feeling that Patch 4 has opened up more glitches / bugs than before ?

Yeah I do, but I don't think that's a bad thing per se. It was an ambitious patch that looked to add realism based on feedback as much as it looked to just fix bugs, and when you add things there will tend to be more bugs created. I'm sure there will be a Patch 5 to address it, and the game seems in a much better place now.

hammadahmed88

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Pakistan
It seems post patch 4 I'm not getting as many caught behind (edges) in career as a pace bowler (fast-medium). What are other people's impressions and experiences? Is it just me? If so, what are your strategies? Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread