IPL Delhi Daredevils

KBC

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Ok. where's the 25-year old leg-spinner who took a hat-trick last season in the IPL and 5-fer in his first test match? ;)

:(

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
I doubt Mishra would get a chance so early on in this edition of the IPL. Maybe after 4-5 matches,he would.

ZexyZahid

Chairman of Selectors
I've got a feeling that Delhi will use McGrath only later on in the tournament, like a secret weapon or so. Only of this secret weapon people know his capabilities.

shravi

National Board President
Profile Flag
India
I've got a feeling that Delhi will use McGrath only later on in the tournament, like a secret weapon or so. Only of this secret weapon people know his capabilities.

Delhi are idiots. Pure and simple. How you can leave McGrath out of any XI is beyond me.

IloveGilly

News Team Member<br><a href="http://www.planetcric
They're still winning though...

Only problem I see with Mcgrath is he may be predictable in some measurements.

ZexyZahid

Chairman of Selectors
If they are idiots, they're pretty good idiots, because they are currently at top of the points table with 16 points from 10 matches. Chennai follows them with 13 points at the moment. And Delhi and Chennai have played one match less then the other teams, so they're doing good.

shravi

National Board President
Profile Flag
India
If they are idiots, they're pretty good idiots, because they are currently at top of the points table with 16 points from 10 matches. Chennai follows them with 13 points at the moment. And Delhi and Chennai have played one match less then the other teams, so they're doing good.

I didn't doubt that they were doing well. One player doesn't make a team. I just think that McGrath would be a huge asset to the team.

Kshitiz_Indian

Executive member
That's what I'm wondering aswell. I'm still under the impression that McGrath has some sort of injury / problem. He sometimes isn't in the dugouts and the commentators say "Take all the rest McGrath, you need it". They won't leave one of the best players for Delhi last season, Vettori + McGrath = ownage!

siddharth2002

National Board President<br /><a href="showthread.
I reckon Delhi Daredevils may reach the finals but cannot win this IPL either. Sehwag and Gambhir are overated as T20 batsmen due to their inconsistency and it will show badly in matches from here on.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Those two were stars last season and Gambhir was one of the most consistent batters in the last T20 WC. So very surprising how badly they have gone this season. Anyone know how long Warner is out for as Maclovin said he had an injury.

siddharth2002

National Board President<br /><a href="showthread.
Yeah they were in fact but bowlers seem to have worked Gambhir out and Sehwag is always a bit hot and cold. Problem is that I don't really see Gambhir improving his game and it may be because he's been required to adjust his game from a test level to 50 over and T20 format. I mean India have them both as openers in all 3 formats and that's easier said then achieved. You cannot have best of everything and they are bound to fail in at least one format.

siddharth2002 added 2 Minutes and 34 Seconds later...

That's what I'm wondering aswell. I'm still under the impression that McGrath has some sort of injury / problem. He sometimes isn't in the dugouts and the commentators say "Take all the rest McGrath, you need it". They won't leave one of the best players for Delhi last season, Vettori + McGrath = ownage!

Not really as Mcgrath did get smashed around last season too and in fact Dirk Nannes has performed satisfactorily. Delhi cannot and have not made the same mistake as last season thinking every game is in their pocket as long as Asif and Mcgrath are playing.

Kshitiz_Indian

Executive member
Yeah they were in fact but bowlers seem to have worked Gambhir out and Sehwag is always a bit hot and cold. Problem is that I don't really see Gambhir improving his game and it may be because he's been required to adjust his game from a test level to 50 over and T20 format. I mean India have them both as openers in all 3 formats and that's easier said then achieved. You cannot have best of everything and they are bound to fail in at least one format.

siddharth2002 added 2 Minutes and 34 Seconds later...

Not really as Mcgrath did get smashed around last season too and in fact Dirk Nannes has performed satisfactorily. Delhi cannot and have not made the same mistake as last season thinking every game is in their pocket as long as Asif and Mcgrath are playing.
Yes he did get tonked around last season, but I'm sure he could've done much better than Dirk Nannes in the South African Conditions, remember how good he was in the 2003 WC?

I know its a silly comparison but its silly to not even give 1 game to McGrath, there must be something wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread