Demo Extender

Yeah its not working ABH, although my game started after some time but I did get a windows error noise when it did lol :laugh

I tried a game and got batting first. The game ended after 3 overs and then I got to ball,

What was interesting to see was that LBWs were giving very quickly running this demo.
Also I could see the ball in fast bowler's replay with your exe which I couldnt with the normal one.

Cheers to you for the effort you pull in getting this out for all the people who wont sleep today to play a full match :rtfl I am one of them.

Waiting for updates:banana2

hmmm....the extender isnt working for me !! :(

i open it....nothing happens for a while, then i get that ERROR sound without any messages / display and the game loads....i thought may be it was a way of bypassing or something LOL but the innings ended after 3 overs ! :facepalm

am using Windows XP SP3 btw...

P.S - it might sound idiotic...but does it require any VC++ redistributable or anything ??

Yeah, it requires the VC++ redistributable.
Download from here.
Download details: Visual C++ 2008 SP1 Redistributable Package (x86)

Hopefully that should sort out the problem. Going to test this on XP when I get the chance to.

AbBh added 3 Minutes and 12 Seconds later...

thanks a ton. great one. Is it possible to have a demo for say 20 overs a side. i think we had that for BLIC demo. or is it possible to simulate innings in the demo.
A great job AB.

Yeah, I'm going to add the feature to select the number of overs.

working perfect for me...i have only tried batting yet and its going over 3overs...basically just unrar this file on desktop and then manually cut the extender.exe file to the main folder where AC2009.exe file is...paste extender.exe there and run extender.exe..it shouldnt be any problem

I'm being told to disable my firewall... have disabled Windows Firewall and I'm still being told the same thing.

Running XP as well FTR.

Any other possible cause to that error?

First to download :D you are the champ ABBH (btw unblock me on MSN:mad:)

Lol, I don't use that account anymore.

working perfect for me...i have only tried batting yet and its going over 3overs...basically just unrar this file on desktop and then manually cut the extender.exe file to the main folder where AC2009.exe file is...paste extender.exe there and run extender.exe..it shouldnt be any problem

That's not required actually. You can place the file anywhere. It will locate the game automatically.

I'm being told to disable my firewall... have disabled Windows Firewall and I'm still being told the same thing.

Running XP as well FTR.

Any other possible cause to that error?

Windows Firewall shouldn't be a problem. Are you using any Anti Virus software? The demo is modified by the exe and such an action is viewed as malicious by some anti-virus softwares. Try adding it to exceptions.

Windows Firewall shouldn't be a problem. Are you using any Anti Virus software? The demo is modified by the exe and such an action is viewed as malicious by some anti-virus softwares. Try adding it to exceptions.

Went through and disabled my anti-virus programs; same error. I'll try adding it to exceptions though, thanks.

WhiteCat added 4 Minutes and 10 Seconds later...

Went through and disabled my anti-virus programs; same error. I'll try adding it to exceptions though, thanks.
Strangely, I'm currently running absolutely no anti-virus programs or firewalls and the extender is in the exceptions list.. and yet I'm still getting that error.

It's a problem that makes very little sense to me, haha.

Last edited:
Even after that VC++ package, the same error sound comes after clicking the expander exe. :( By the way it's XP. is it compatible with XP?

yea im getting the same disable anti virus error. ive even added it to the exceptions list and it still doesnt work please help.

Great work, played a complete game which has lasted just under an hour and a half. I was put into bowl, and got a flying start with Katich chopping onto a Flintoff inswinger 4th ball. After that though, the AI was patient and it was the 17th over, just after Drinks, that I got the second wicket, a catch in the covers off a loose shot from Hughes. It was 84-2, with Hughes finishing on 54, and after that wickets fell at regular intervals, despite a late flourish from Siddle and Lee to get Aus to 200 all out.

My batting response got off to a good start, 5 overs gone and 20-0. However, the introduction of Brett Lee saw me lost 2 wickets in as many balls, and suddenly I couldnt force the issue any more. Wickets trickled, and I could only manage 110 all out.

This was on normal btw, mainly because I knew my batting wouldnt be up to the job..

Cheers again mate, you get a far better experience of the game with this.

EDIT - I'm using Windows 7, so it appears compatibility is fine with it.

Users who are viewing this thread