Review Demo impressions thread

Sorry,I don't quite know what you mean. Downloading a 563mb demo takes you 6 hours? You must have one s**t connection. Mine downloads in 3 mins on 50MB broadband.
6 hours for 500mb? Are you sure? I downloaded Battlefront 2 from Steam a few weeks back, that only took about one and a half hours, two at the most and that's 1gb +, maybe even 2gb or more - I can't remember.

In India many people are Tech illiterate so ISP's here sell broadband named as high speed broadband and wow look at the speed just 256kb/s and download speed is just 30kb/s(what speed :laugh) thats why it takes long to download larger files. Airtel is fastest in India(16Mbps) but too expensive for my liking. Anyway can anyone confirm the demo file size ?

Thought the demo was brilliant, A game that can finally let you sit and play atleast half realistically. Look forward to the release ay

hi

when is pc demo out any news about it

I dont understand how they expect to sell the game on ps3 if they do not release a demo. Sure the niche market will buy but many regular gamers will not buy it if they cant try it first.

I dont understand how they expect to sell the game on ps3 if they do not release a demo. Sure the niche market will buy but many regular gamers will not buy it if they cant try it first.

It might be to do with licensed rights. I suspect Microsoft have been exclusive given the rights to the demo.

hopefully exclusive rights for the demo pre-release. I have never heard of a game that had a demo on xbox and not on ps3. I might be wrong as I dont play a lot of games.
There will be a PC demo too, so it would be really strange to have the demo only on 2 of the 3 systems. (wii doesnt have demos so i am not counting it, plus it is a different build anyways)

Some questions and a general overview

Hey Everybody.
First of all a big thanks to all those of you who uploaded gameplay videos of Ashes 2009 demo onto youtube and to all those who have posted reviews of the demo. I dont have a 360 here so i am one of those many waiting for the PC demo release this week ( hopefully !!). I've watched almost all the gamplay videos on youtube and i have to say, i am impressed. I have played almost all cricket games that has come out right from the days of EA cricket 97 ( which probably is the worst cricket game evah !! ). I have a few questions to all those who played the demo. I would appreciate it if you would answer them.

1) How does keeper catch occur?

YouTube - Ashes Cricket 2009 - Xbox 360 Demo (Easy Mode)

In the above video, at around 7:56, the keeper drops a catch. However i thought there was only a split second to press the catch button ( brings back old memories of BLIC07). Is that always the case for keeper catches, or do we get more time to press the button for keeper catches?

2) I have read numerous posts where some say the overall AI is brilliant while others say that it is not the best. If my memory is correct, i remember somebody from codies saying that if you constantly hit the ball to a particular field area, the AI will change the field settings and all.Is that true? Has any of you noticed that?

3) Does the bowler mix up deliveries in an over or do they bowl predictable balls?

4) Apologies if this was asked before, but has any of you been stumped in the demo?

And finally some questions to the guys from transmission games and codemasters

1) What built was the demo? Is that the final built?

2) Are you guys going to use the next 2 weeks (roughly) tweaking the game? Or is the final version already ready?

3) I am sorry if this was asked before but is there a co op play, where u and a friend can play as the same team, controlling 2 batsman, bowling overs alternatively etc ? If this is possible, can we do it on the same computer with 2 controllers? or is it only possible only across a LAN?

4) The demo on XBOX live, is that (like some forum members where speculating) a cut down version of the orignal game? With certain aspects of commentary and gameplay animations taken of ?

From what i have heard, seen and read, A2009 is probably going to be the best cricket game released so far. I dont care if there are small glitches present in the game as long as they have the core elements all right. A special thanks to Heath Smith and Jamie Firth and their team at transmission games and codemasters for taking the time to make this game. I am definitely going to love this one.
cheerz

I'm getting better at it. It's nice that there aren't so many silly bugs like there have been in cricket games of old. Ashes Cricket 2011 will be the killer. I'm looking forward to 25th August so I can play the full game!

Users who are viewing this thread