Demo Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everytime I come to this website and sort of get reminded of the state at which cricket games are in I get envious of the damn yanks and the level at which they find their sports games. NFL, NHL, MLB etc...Must be awesome to have games that are so far advanced and have developers that actually give a crap about making games seriously realistic. The career mode of MLB the Show is apparently fantastic, no problems with stupid AI or physics, terrific graphics, stats and anything you can think of...

...and here we are, miserly, naive cricket fans with our dreams to bring out a game that resembles one that came out in 1999, still worrying about ridiculous animations and AI...we dont even THINK of career modes in here because it's too far gone for us to even comprehend that in a cricket game. How sad it is...how unfortunate...

How touching and very true.

there are WAY more cricket fans that baseball ones. Baseball is DETESTED by a lot of Americans who find it way to slow and boring. NFL is by far the biggest sport here.
Id say cricket fans outnumber baseball fans by atleast 100-200 million.

there are WAY more cricket fans that baseball ones. Baseball is DETESTED by a lot of Americans who find it way to slow and boring. NFL is by far the biggest sport here.
Id say cricket fans outnumber baseball fans by atleast 100-200 million.

Yes that makes the situation even worse and adds a little irony to it. I think cricket games deserve proper representation simply for the fact that the sport is actually takes place in more than one effing country. Baseball is pretty much only American, cricket is a truly international sport....yet here we sit.

I'm going to suggest that despite the number of fans (accurate or otherwise) baseball games will comfortably outsell cricket games.

If everyone who bought pirated cricket games bought originals then we might be able to compete with baseball.

I'm going to suggest that despite the number of fans (accurate or otherwise) baseball games will comfortably outsell cricket games.

Yep, for sure.

The pity is that most cricket fans live in the sub continent, where most of them get pirated copies. Also, Baseball fans would be bigger consumers than Cricket fans on a global level.

As long as this doesn't turn out to be another baseball game like BLIC 2007, but I doubt it, going by the guys' previews.

MasterBlaster76 added 0 Minutes and 34 Seconds later...

Yes that makes the situation even worse and adds a little irony to it. I think cricket games deserve proper representation simply for the fact that the sport is actually takes place in more than one effing country. Baseball is pretty much only American, cricket is a truly international sport....yet here we sit.

Well said.

Edit: If it's releasing August 7th, surely a demo will be along any day now?

If a demo was being released anytime soon they surely would give us a few days notice. It won't just pop up.

If a demo was being released anytime soon they surely would give us a few days notice. It won't just pop up.

The game itself is due out in around seventeen days though, isn't it? They need to get a shuffle on. I mean, by the sounds of it, they have an amazing game (as far as cricket games go) on their hands, so why are they being so damned shy about it? Let's hope there isn't a good reason for them being so shy about advertising...

A good game will always sell no matter what.
Even with tight budget they can deliver a good game experience. They just need to give us something good. I bet that blc 99 did extremely well for that day and age

The game itself is due out in around seventeen days though, isn't it? They need to get a shuffle on. I mean, by the sounds of it, they have an amazing game (as far as cricket games go) on their hands, so why are they being so damned shy about it? Let's hope there isn't a good reason for them being so shy about advertising...

Yeah. I have been around for a couple of cricket game release and even though it was quite compared to other big titles, but never this quite. I guess they have other good releases stacked in at codies like Dirt 2 and Operation something that they aren't giving enough love to this game. Its disappointing. First the no show and lack of info, then the dumb trailer; can't wait for whats gonna be next

A good game will always sell no matter what.
Even with tight budget they can deliver a good game experience. They just need to give us something good. I bet that blc 99 did extremely well for that day and age

Yeah. I have been around for a couple of cricket game release and even though it was quite compared to other big titles, but never this quite. I guess they have other good releases stacked in at codies like Dirt 2 and Operation something that they aren't giving enough love to this game. Its disappointing. First the no show and lack of info, then the dumb trailer; can't wait for whats gonna be next

DiRT 2: I cannot wait for that! End of the year, as far as I remember.

Edit: Maybe they just wanna let their game do the talking. :D

Ohh man. If that happens I will shut up and praise Codies for as long as I can. All we want as cricket lover's is a genuine cricket game showing how good the game of Cricket is

Its a two way street. Just remember that besides the PC reviews, everything else about this game reeks of BLIC07

Its a two way street. Just remember that besides the PC reviews, everything else about this game reeks of BLIC07

Yes, but the PC reviews gave glowing praise to the game, so that makes all the difference.

They need a demo now I mean especially for people who live in places where the game doesn't sell. For me living in Canada without a real demo then there is no reason for me to buy the game. Because until I can actually experience the game then won't buy it. For those who live in Australia or England the game will sell there and if you do not buy it most likely you can just go to a friends house and buy it but in North America that aint happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread