Discuss all your great wins/losses/draws here.

Just won a great match between Essex and Surrey (who I was). Bowled Essex for 297, they were pretty bad, then demolished their bowling. I got to 530/6, with a lead of 230, and I had two options: declare, bowl them out and chase down any total, or carry on, bowl them out in a day for an innings win. Unfortunately I didn't see the second, so went with first.
Bowled them out alright, needed to chase 135 in 1 1/2 sessions. Needed 7 off the last over, and got them easily.

good win embi:)

well i have just trashed irland in the challenge trophey,my 2 openers both got centuries and had an opening stand of 230,the 1st wicket fell in the 30th over so i decided to push for 400 but didnt get there:(
my bowles were great dismissing them for 69 and winning by 288 runs
my.php
[/URL][/IMG]

I got annoyed playing last night. It was a County game against Lancashire and somehow the batting went really well for me. Something like 4 Centuries, with one of those due to a guy retiring hurt. Anyways, I got to 800 in 5 sessions, I just thought what the hell, I'll just go aggressive so I won't have to bat again.

Anyways, in their first innings, their top order get a few, but I manage to get them out for under 400, with about 4 sessions to go. I then blew away the top order in the first two sessions, only for the lower order and tail to hang on for two sessions for a comfortable draw. Not pleased.

Yes! I just started off with Sri Lanka, and i'm liking what i'm seeing!

Attachments

• Sri Lanka V WIndies, 459 Win.JPG
    Sri Lanka V WIndies, 459 Win.JPG
    59.2 KB · Views: 133
kookaburra69 said:
good win embi:)

well i have just trashed irland in the challenge trophey,my 2 openers both got centuries and had an opening stand of 230,the 1st wicket fell in the 30th over so i decided to push for 400 but didnt get there:(
my bowles were great dismissing them for 69 and winning by 288 runs
my.php
[/URL][/IMG]

I really can't get one day games right. You push the aggression bars up, either they get out the next ball or they trickle along at 3 an over. Some batsmen score faster on 2 bars!

wot u really want is a win on the last ball of the last day or over or something!

that wud be impressive!!

nevermind winning by an innings and 300 runs!

closeness is better!

i managed this

Attachments

• 45over - NatODDiv1 - 05version - Yorks.JPG
    45over - NatODDiv1 - 05version - Yorks.JPG
    49.4 KB · Views: 117
Past 2 seasons my oneday batting has just begun to click and my batsmen have realised that it might be a good idea to try and score a little faster than 2 an over.

This was a great game, ratings were evenly matched. I (surrey) batted first, came up with an okish score of 300+ on a batsmans pitch with a couple of batsmen making 85+, then getting out.
My bowlers were taken to the cleaners in the end, with at least one guy scoring a century, but towards the end my new spin buy youth was bowling tighter and tighter, he was bowling the last over. They needed 8 off the last over, first 2 balls were 1 and a 2, then he dismissed Alex Tudor for 44.

It came down to 5 off 3 balls, they got 3 singles and I won by 1 run... :D

Couldn't believe this, started a game as Bangladesh just drew the test series with the Aussies, by winning the 2nd test.

EDIT: Just won 1st ODI by 2 runs as well.

Last edited:
5547off50dg7.png

dharrisonwontbeinvitedbackforanothertrundleqt5.png

Jamie Cox had a good game and i daresay one D.Harrison wont be invited back for another trundle next match

MY GREATEST WIN BOY! Sri Lanka Vs Derbyshire Warm up Game of Sri Lanka's tour of England. Declared 1st innings 8 for 340. Derbyshire all out 229. Second innings I declared 7 for 196 Derby's needed 308 to win. They were going good at 5 for 279 then they were 6 for 304 when Malinga Bandara got Welch out LBW. They needed 4 to win. 2 balls later, Steffan Jones nicks Bandara to Sangakkara, balls later Lungley nicks to Zoysa to Vandort at 1st slip. Kevin Dean the new man, I was worried they needed 3 to win and Dean normally gets a boundary early on. Not this time, Dean plays down the wrong line (as most do in this game) gets bowled by Zoysa. Sri lanka win by 1 run. What a win, one of the greatest I would like to see it topped. In that 2nd innings Bandara took 6 wickets, Zoysa 4. in that match I experimented, no Murlai or no Vaas, makes it better don't it.

Haven't read too many gut busting losses, so here's one for ya.

Aus tour of Bangladesh.

Aus 1st innings 521, Hussey 122, Warne 108

Bangladesh 1st innings 224.

Bangladesh going well 1 312, Nafees 117 off 300 odd balls, he gets out and Bashar 121 of 300 odd balls gets out just before the end of day 4.

Ashraful and Saleh do well, b4 Lee gets Ashraful LBW for 49 off 164 balls. After Saleh and Aftab do well, but It all goes wrong once Saleh is going. Mashud nicks to slip for 5, Rafique lobs it to short mid wicket for 3, Mortaza bowled for an 11 ball duck, Hossain tries to sweep Warne 1st ball and was knocked over, I was gutted I had one wicket in hand but from 3 for 312 to 9 for 398 it seemed pretty much all over with a fighting Aftab and no.11 Haque at the crease, Haque actually gets off the mark and they put a brief partnership before Lee digs one in short to get Haque out the game for 4 weeks, with a fracture nasty, all out for 411.

Aus needed 115 to win.

I was distrort when Haque got injured, not only had I lost my partner,and the innings done, i had one less bowler to use, it sucked the capitulation was too great and it was unbearable.

Hussey and Hayden went after the bowling.

This was only day 5 session 2 when we got bowled, so a draw was possible, but they went after the bowling and won in the same session by 10 wickets, DAMN!!!!!1

This was another gut busting loss.

West Indies Vs Zimbabwe, I was playing as the West Indies.

Zimbabwe batted first posting 255 for 8 (normal difficulty here), I batted second I was like 250 for 5 with one over left, Samuels and Chanderpaul at the crease I think?, so i needed like 6 to win from that last over and I only got 4 runs, Zimbabwe won by 1 run, unbeliebable, cannot believe it.

Users who are viewing this thread