Super 8: 18th Match NZ v Pakistan

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
They should have,but could they have? Their batting has been simply a taylor-mccullum show for the last couple of years with guys like ryder and guptill chipping in once in a while.i think mccullum has developed a lot this year and when he fails,it doesnt help much.does it?

Since Ryder has come into the team he has been a far better batsmen then McCullum and Taylor. Also McCullum hasn't developed this year, if anything he has gone backwards. Did you see him in 2008, he was destroying a lot of teams with good aggresive batting.

Sartaj

Panel of Selectors
Since Ryder has come into the team he has been a far better batsmen then McCullum and Taylor. Also McCullum hasn't developed this year, if anything he has gone backwards. Did you see him in 2008, he was destroying a lot of teams with good aggresive batting.

not a lot of teams mate! Just england and bangladesh and that too in NZ only. He failed badly in all the rest of the cases and that was because his technique wasn't very good then.he was foolishly agressive then.now,he has more class.he is recognised globally as one of the best in the business. He plays shots with a much steady base and skill now.he may be a bit inconsistent,but this new baz is a very interesting prospect for us.he is mentally more mature and tough now.

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
not a lot of teams mate! Just england and bangladesh and that too in NZ only. He failed badly in all the rest of the cases and that was because his technique wasn't very good then.he was foolishly agressive then.now,he has more class.he is recognised globally as one of the best in the business. He plays shots with a much steady base and skill now.he may be a bit inconsistent,but this new baz is a very interesting prospect for us.he is mentally more mature and tough now.

Late 2007 he made runs against South Africa and Australia. He then carried that form over to the Bangladesh and England series. And the only reason he is known globally is because of that batting in 2008, especially because of his 158* in the IPL. Trust me McCullum was a better batsmen during 07/08.

Sartaj

Panel of Selectors
Ok.being a kiwi,you must be knowing better.he got a big hundred(172 i guess) in the final of the domestic OD tournament for otago against auckland then right? I remember him smashing chris martin all over the park.

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
Ok.being a kiwi,you must be knowing better.he got a big hundred(172 i guess) in the final of the domestic OD tournament for otago against auckland then right? I remember him smashing chris martin all over the park.

Yeah early in 2008.

ZexyZahid

Chairman of Selectors
Great win of Pakistan. Abdul Razzaq really made a difference for Pakistan. He took wickets in the top order and so eased out for the rest of the bowlers. The win was mainly because of the bowling attack, especially since earlier in the day South Africa and West Indies scored more then 160 runs each.

The good thing was that Pakistan didn't take an easy approach towards the target, especially since the net run rate could play a role later on. So I didn't mind losing wickets for some quick runs. Bad thing is that Razzaq went out early. He really can hit some balls. Also Afridi got some batting practice and that was a wise to send him out, when not that many runs were needed.

If everything goes allright, the last match of Sri Lanka vs New Zealand could be decisive. Pakistan will need to bring the net runrate above Sri Lanka (after their match tomorrow against Ireland) to avoid elimination by the match of Sri Lanka vs New Zealand.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Big win for Pakistan. Winning it quicker helps their run rate a lot. Great bowling from Umar Gul. Razzaq's influence showed in the team.

Pakistan will blow off Ireland. If they blow them off big, their run rate will take a huge upward swing. The SL vs NZ game will then be a big one. If SL win, SL and Pakistan go through. If NZ win, they have to win by a big margin to make it. For that, Pakistan has to blow off Ireland really quickly.

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
Well he should, if we don't win he wont have a game for awhile anyway.

irottev

School Cricketer
I thought this'd happen. With so many players injured. 5/6 is a disgrace. I'm quite unhappy with that performance, but on the bright side. How do we make it to finals now? What do we have to beat Sri Lanka by to knock them out? It might not be such a bad thing.

Being beaten by a side who's captain says he doesn't care about T20 and stuff annoys me. They don't deserve it.

Master Khan

National Board President
PAK...
Profile Flag
Pakistan
I thought this'd happen. With so many players injured. 5/6 is a disgrace. I'm quite unhappy with that performance, but on the bright side. How do we make it to finals now? What do we have to beat Sri Lanka by to knock them out? It might not be such a bad thing.

Being beaten by a side who's captain says he doesn't care about T20 and stuff annoys me. They don't deserve it.[/QUOTE]

lol I thought that was pretty funny :D

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors

Being beaten by a side who's captain says he doesn't care about T20 and stuff annoys me. They don't deserve it.

I pretty much give us no hope of beating Sri Lanka, there bowling is 10 times better then Pakistan's is and look what they did too us. We needed to beat Pakistan to make it to the semi's I feel.

ZexyZahid

Chairman of Selectors
Like I said earlier, he was probably downplaying a probable loss of a match. And they actually deserve to win the match. And this is not even Pakistan at his best.

But New Zealand have their own problems as welll. But Vettori has come back and Franklin and Butler are still playing. Only missing out player is Ross Taylor.

irottev

School Cricketer
I pretty much give us no hope of beating Sri Lanka, there bowling is 10 times better then Pakistan's is and look what they did too us. We needed to beat Pakistan to make it to the semi's I feel.

It's T20 meaning any side can win on their day. So long as we don't have to beat SL by too much we have a chance. Remember, when we're favorites we play bad 90% of the time.

Users who are viewing this thread