Super 8: 19th Match Ireland v Sri Lanka

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
Group F leaders Sri Lanka can guarantee their spot in the semis if they record a convincing enough win over the Irish. The Irish are up against all odds and need to beat Sri Lanka and then Pakistan to have any hope of continuing to be in the hunt.

Match scheduled to begin Sunday, June 14 at 12:30 GMT.

Sartaj

Panel of Selectors
Yeah.but,i would rather fancy their chances against Pakistan.if ireland can tackle the 3 M's it will be a good contest,hopefully!

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Yeah I can't see them beating Sri Lanka but they might give Pakistan a run for thier money.

ZexyZahid

Chairman of Selectors
Sri Lanka should win this match, but stranger things have happened.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
SL is the form team with SA so the chances of an upset is very slim. SL middle order could do with a hit out and some of the bowlers could use some wickets to boost their confidence.

ZexyZahid

Chairman of Selectors
Hopefully Ireland will play out the match as long as possible, so they can downplay the net runrate a bit. The match of Sri Lanka vs New Zealand could be a good match to watch then.

cricketmad09

International Coach
I don't see Ireland causing any sort of scare or upset playing against bowlers like Malinga, Murali and Mendis.

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
What a start from Ireland, Sri Lanka are 14-2 after 4 overs. O'Brien took a fantastic catch too, one of the best catches I've seen from a keeper in a long time.

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
Sri Lanka 136-7 after 19 overs, Ireland are in with a chance here. Atleast Sri Lanka's NRR wont be to high.

ZexyZahid

Chairman of Selectors
I didn't expect this to happen. Sri Lanka only scored 144 runs.

With three overs left Sri Lanka went from 124-4 to 144-9. Cusack got 4 wickets for 15 runs. So a good comeback of Ireland.

angryangy

ICC Chairman
A fine hand played by Ireland, but as conditions seem to be increasingly aiding the bowlers at Lords, the bulk of the battle still awaits them.

ZexyZahid

Chairman of Selectors
I've got a feeling that Ireland will be bowled out. But the longer Ireland holds out, the better it is for New Zealand.

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
I've got a feeling that Ireland will be bowled out. But the longer Ireland holds out, the better it is for New Zealand.

No doubt. If Ireland can make it too around 120 that would be really nice.

cricketmad09

International Coach
Heres an idea. I think Ireland should open with Trent Johnston. He's a good striker of the ball and aggressive, and if Ireland are any chance of winning they need to go after the fast bowlers during the field restrictions otherwise they're left with trying to score runs off Mendis and Murali in the middle/end overs, which is a near impossible thing to do.

Users who are viewing this thread