Doctor's Pro-AI Patches

Looks like I am heading towards my First Victory :D against my Own Country :crying ...I am England...got to play agst India in Qt Final of Knockout...India bowled out for 217 - 43 overs....Right now I am on 170/3 in 34 overs :happy ...Trescothic on 101 n.o (11 4's)....(If India had scored 265 then this would have gone down the wire)

Actually I have learnt my lessons in the previous matches which I lost....I tried to do too many things in the First 15 overs...lost too many wickets..but here I played traditionally:D ...First 15 overs 69/2...after this ,fielders spread around and I started milking the runs...the BEST of the shot was Trescothics late glance off Yuvraj to Fineleg fence ....( but still I am not good on Hook shots, tried twice..Thorpe got knocked down...in fact fell on the stumps :D ...Isnt this HIT-WICKET, CD)

But one thing is for sure, if I hv to chase 300+ I WILL have to do too many things in the First 15 overs....

If not for the Patch, I WOULD HAVE UNINSTALLED 2005

grandprix_4 said:
Hi CD,
I've also found the backfoot leg glance difficult to play also.

One other thing I've noticed is that the game seems to crash to the desktop every once in a while and it seems to occur more often after playing a cover drive. I've only noticed it with this AI patch. :help
Do you think it's related to my installation, or the AI patch?.
Thanks

Hi grandprix_4,

Cut and Pull shots--> I've already replied it. See my previous posts.

Backfoot leg glance--> well, this is most easiest and run scoring shot to play mate. I reckon you are not able to get the timing right.Play it when the ball just leaves the bowler's hand, and tell me if it works.

Game crashing--> you are the second one to find this problem while playing ODIs in normal mode. However it's very rare but I don't want anything wrong with my patches, so I'll definitely look into that.

Thanks,
C.D. :onpc

jacobfelix said:
Looks like I am heading towards my First Victory :D against my Own Country :crying ...I am England...got to play agst India in Qt Final of Knockout...India bowled out for 217 - 43 overs....Right now I am on 170/3 in 34 overs :happy ...Trescothic on 101 n.o (11 4's)....(If India had scored 265 then this would have gone down the wire)

Actually I have learnt my lessons in the previous matches which I lost....I tried to do too many things in the First 15 overs...lost too many wickets..but here I played traditionally:D ...First 15 overs 69/2...after this ,fielders spread around and I started milking the runs...the BEST of the shot was Trescothics late glance off Yuvraj to Fineleg fence ....( but still I am not good on Hook shots, tried twice..Thorpe got knocked down...in fact fell on the stumps :D ...Isnt this HIT-WICKET, CD)

But one thing is for sure, if I hv to chase 300+ I WILL have to do too many things in the First 15 overs....

If not for the Patch, I WOULD HAVE UNINSTALLED 2005

Thanks mate. :)
That's a wonderful thorough feedback. I really appreciate it. :hpraise :hpraise
You deserve reps for this. :cheers :cheers :cheers

gamerkid22 said:
hi CD ,

i am back mate. downloading your patch now. will post the feedback tonight.:cheers

Nice to see you back mate. :) :happy
Cheers!!!!! :cheers :cheers

cricket doctor said:
Backfoot leg glance--> well, this is most easiest and run scoring shot to play mate. I reckon you are not able to get the timing right.Play it when the ball just leaves the bowler's hand, and tell me if it works.

To add to this, alot easier when the ball is going down the leg side. Off of medium pacers (Colly) it is harder imo.

Yeh you have to play it very early infact you'll think it's too early.

Sureshot said:
To add to this, alot easier when the ball is going down the leg side. Off of medium pacers (Colly) it is harder imo.

Thanks for helping other members. nice job. :clap

Hey CD is it ok if I use your patch in my new story? I will give a proper feedback then

:cheers :cheersAwesome Patch mate . :cheers :cheers

HI CD,

I have tried batting in test match with your patch and came to a conclusion that its the best realistic AI patch made for cricket 2005. I played AUS vs SA in AUS and i was SA. i played on green pitch . Swing and pace are just like real cricket . while batting we can experience the realistic bowling by CPU.i got runs in all parts of the ground at the run rate of around 4. G.Smith got a few times lucky as the ball went between the slips and A.B.DeVilliers went early driving the ball in the 3rd over. G.Smith played well but eventually went for a hook shot which was edged and brilliantly taken by the keeper on the leg side.Backfoot square cut goes to the boundry . There are more chances to run 2's and 3's. Talking about CPU McGrath and B.Lee were economical and were wicket takers while N.Bracken was dealing in runs. :cheers :cheers :cheers :cheers :cheers :happy :happy

Reps for u mate. :cheers

Wildwil said:
Hey CD is it ok if I use your patch in my new story? I will give a proper feedback then

Sure mate. :happy :happy
You don't need to ask me on this mate. The patch is yours and you can use it without any second thought. :cheers :cheers

gamerkid22 said:
:cheers :cheersAwesome Patch mate . :cheers :cheers

HI CD,

I have tried batting in test match with your patch and came to a conclusion that its the best realistic AI patch made for cricket 2005. I played AUS vs SA in AUS and i was SA. i played on green pitch . Swing and pace are just like real cricket . while batting we can experience the realistic bowling by CPU.i got runs in all parts of the ground at the run rate of around 4. G.Smith got a few times lucky as the ball went between the slips and A.B.DeVilliers went early driving the ball in the 3rd over. G.Smith played well but eventually went for a hook shot which was edged and brilliantly taken by the keeper on the leg side.Backfoot square cut goes to the boundry . There are more chances to run 2's and 3's. Talking about CPU McGrath and B.Lee were economical and were wicket takers while N.Bracken was dealing in runs. :cheers :cheers :cheers :cheers :cheers :happy :happy

Reps for u mate. :cheers

Thanks mate. :hpraise
I have to say this is the effect of your 'beta testing'.I had done a lot of work after you beta tested my patch. So, you also deserve appreciation for the outcome of my patching. :clap :clap :clap :hpraise :hpraise :hpraise

cricket doctor said:
Thanks for helping other members. nice job. :clap

Np, if the user can get it right this game is brilliant. With and without your patch ;) :p

Sureshot said:
Np, if the user can get it right this game is brilliant. With and without your patch ;) :p
yup, it is. but I didn't mention anything about my patch there when I said "thanks for helping other.....", I just appreciated you for clearing his doubts. ;) :p

cricket doctor said:

Game crashing--> you are the second one to find this problem while playing ODIs in normal mode. However it's very rare but I don't want anything wrong with my patches, so I'll definitely look into that.

Thanks,

HI CD,
Just to add to the game crashing problem, I've tested in HARD mode with same problem also.
Also I'll need to do more testing with the leg glance, but either I completely miss it or when I do make contact, the ball goes in a direction as if I got a leading edge on it.
Thanks

Sureshot said:

Thanks for you feedback Sureshot, :cool: I'll test this out.
Thanks

grandprix_4 said:
HI CD,
Just to add to the game crashing problem, I've tested in HARD mode with same problem also.
Mate, you have to check again, that you are using correct files.
Btw, I'm definitely thinking seriously about file swapping, so it might be possible that I'd come up with something in my future versions, that you don't have to swap files too much as it results in weird gameplay and game crashing problems.

Thanks,

cricket doctor said:
Btw, I'm definitely thinking seriously about file swapping, so it might be possible that I'd come up with something in my future versions, that you don't have to swap files too much as it results in weird gameplay and game crashing problems.

Thanks,

I've just been copying the two files that are in the ODI\Batting folder from your patch into the root of my Cricket2005 installation before I bat.
Thanks

cricket doctor said:

Thanks,

As a question many people would ask:

What would be the main deterrance for a patcher between changing files and not changing files? :detectivehat: :D

Users who are viewing this thread