Doctor's Pro-AI Patches

Great to hear Cricket Doctor mate, since it crashed on my system I would be happy to beta test a copy for you over a test match and see how it goes. As I said even in those two overs that I got through the gameplay seemed pretty good :)

Bowling feels a touch easy.

Chasing 400, NZ crumbled to 126 in 25 overs. I think for one, the swing might have caused them grief, they kept flailing cover drives and getting bowled. Then again, Bracken, whose in-game avatar lacks the ability to swing the ball, took 3 wickets in this fashion. Otherwise, I guess setting a big total makes the AI bat hyper aggressive (126 in 25 is a bit much against a good attack, but then again I was keeping my field in because of the tumbling wickets).

I'll try and explain things in better depth when I get a chance and after I play a bit more (I've been taking notes).

i love the patches but you say that there is no misfield bug-i feel that there is just as many misfields-i dont know about other people.

There are misfields in real cricket. Without the patch i experience one every 25 overs. About right imo.

Sureshot said:
There are misfields in real cricket. Without the patch i experience one every 25 overs. About right imo.
Well thinking about it, unless the misfield goes for 4 runs, on TV you dont normally see misfields anyway.

kush said:
i love the patches but you say that there is no misfield bug-i feel that there is just as many misfields-i dont know about other people.

Click here and read post no. #248 for reply.

puddleduck said:
Great to hear Cricket Doctor mate, since it crashed on my system I would be happy to beta test a copy for you over a test match and see how it goes. As I said even in those two overs that I got through the gameplay seemed pretty good :)

Thanks mate.
Sure I'll consider you as one of the beta testers for my next patch. :onpc

I thought it was a tad irresponsible of me to conclude that it was your patch making my game crash without trying the game with other patches and again on it's own. So would like to apologise to you as having removed your patch the game is still crashing whenever it feels like, normally within 5 overs of a match. Blimin' Ea :(

Well it might not be that.

Do a spyware scan and Virus scan?

If you haven't got a spyware scanner (not in AV software) then get Spybot Search and Destroy.

Sureshot said:
Well it might not be that.

Do a spyware scan and Virus scan?

If you haven't got a spyware scanner (not in AV software) then get Spybot Search and Destroy.

Thanks for the help, but my job is a Computer Techie, so all of that has been done a couple of times this week :cheers:

I stand by my statement, "blimin' Ea" :p

lol, then my advice might render useless :D On this thread and the other one.

HI CD,
If you are considering beta testers for your patch, I would be happy to provide feedback on your patches as I'm sure everyone would like to see this patch develop further from its already strong base.
Thanks

Hi Doc,
Good patch. Played a one day game state side game, Pura cup. One problem noticed, is with the cut strokes and late cut. When you play power shots on them it allways taken an inside edge and goes to the deep square leg/midwicket region. It isnt as if it it is mistimed edge, its like a full blooded flick or apull. Also cant play tjh pull shots, but that is to be expected. Very nice otherwise. Does crash though, so will be willing to beta test if ya need next time
-KB

angryangy said:
Chasing 400, NZ crumbled to 126 in 25 overs. I think for one, the swing might have caused them grief, they kept flailing cover drives and getting bowled. Then again, Bracken, whose in-game avatar lacks the ability to swing the ball, took 3 wickets in this fashion. Otherwise, I guess setting a big total makes the AI bat hyper aggressive (126 in 25 is a bit much against a good attack, but then again I was keeping my field in because of the tumbling wickets).

I'll try and explain things in better depth when I get a chance and after I play a bit more (I've been taking notes).

Hey nice feedback mate.
Well, I don't think, the result that you've got, is because bowling of my patch is easy.
First of all you were the AUS, which is one of the strongest bowling side. Secondly you were playing against NZL, never a stable batting side. Thirdly, you were keeping the field in and at last according to modern day test cricket trend they scored 126 of 25 overs IMO. (Not taking into consideration pitch and weather condition here)
So, I'm damn sure that you'll get different kinds of results with different teams and conditions.

Anyways, nice feedback once again and I'll be waiting for more feedbacks from you. (Btw,Nice to see you are taking notes, something that I love to do.) :D :happy :happy

Thank you,
C.D. :onpc :happy

bkannan said:
Hi Doc,
Good patch. Played a one day game state side game, Pura cup. One problem noticed, is with the cut strokes and late cut. When you play power shots on them it allways taken an inside edge and goes to the deep square leg/midwicket region. It isnt as if it it is mistimed edge, its like a full blooded flick or apull. Also cant play tjh pull shots, but that is to be expected. Very nice otherwise. Does crash though, so will be willing to beta test if ya need next time
-KB
Thanks for the feedback mate.
Yup, I am aware of the problem that you've mentioned, and will tweak it in my next version.
..and ya, will definitely consider you as a beta tester for my next patch.

:)

Users who are viewing this thread