Doctor's Pro-AI Patches

Cd, There seems to be a problem with the 'Off the Hips glance' to a rising ball from Fast Bowlers...2 one-dayers I played...and everytime when I try this the ball goes to point or cover fielder( before putting this patch, the moment I used to press Rt. Arrow + W the ball used to trickle down to fineleg)

jacobfelix said:
Cd, There seems to be a problem with the 'Off the Hips glance' to a rising ball from Fast Bowlers...2 one-dayers I played...and everytime when I try this the ball goes to point or cover fielder( before putting this patch, the moment I used to press Rt. Arrow + W the ball used to trickle down to fineleg)

This is what I mean about poor gameplay from EA... Do you see in real cricket, every time you want to play a particular shot, it goes in same direction again and again?? and do you connect every ball from middle of the bat all the time??

So, its not a problem, its like a leading edge, when you play the ball too early or when you try to hit the ball too hard.

Try to play hip glance as late as possible.

Did you get my point?????

Thanks,
C.D. :onpc

Last edited:
Hi
just took a look at your patch y'day. Havent played much, will reply in detail. One thing did notice, game did crash back to windows a few times under Normal mode. Also saw tge CPU try to play reverse sweep to a fast bowler, OK so it was I.Pathan, on off and middle stump. Another thing I noticed, fastish bowler, shortish delivery, away swinging/seaming delivery in a Normal ODI, the batsman tries to play a cut through slips everytime, even if I have 9 slip fielder, which I was testing. That way I picked up like 4 wickets in 3 overs. Will go more detail as I play

jacobfelix said:

I've also find the same behaviour when I make contact.

grandprix_4 said:
I've also find the same behaviour when I make contact.

This is what I mean about poor gameplay from EA... Do you see in real cricket, every time you want to play a particular shot, it goes in same direction again and again?? and do you connect every ball from middle of the bat all the time??

So, its not a problem, its like a leading edge, when you play the ball too early or when you try to hit the ball too hard.

Try to play hip glance as late as possible.

Did you get my point?????

Thanks,

I'm not actually very good at the game, haven't played it alot yet, but mate this is a brilliant patch, if you're not already sick of hearing that. The outfield pacing is perfect, the fact that timing the shots well is the key, the varied shot direction and power and basically the general gameplay. Best patch in my opinion, brilliant work.
Oh yeah, and I think it's been mentioned before, but occasionally the reverse sweep is played in the 'wrong' context by the CPU, but it's no major issue.
Well Done ;)

HI CD,
This time when the game crashed , I think I saw the following error appearing for a fraction of a second:
rewardrating>=0.0 && rewardrating<=1.0

grandprix_4 said:
HI CD,
This time when the game crashed , I think I saw the following error appearing for a fraction of a second:
just ignore it mate, and the game will continue. :onpc

Your patch seemed to be quite decent, but crashed within 2 overs. If it helps I was hit plumb in front to a ball swinging away whilst trying to leg glance. It then crashed straight to the desktop.

Also within those two overs, it was freezing a lot. Still seemed alright in terms of gameplay for those two overs.

On a seperate note, does anyone know if the patches affect the nets? I find I try them out in the nets and then the match and they are completely different every time. In fact the nets rarely seem to show any change.

Thanks for the effort mate, keep it up.

grandprix_4 said:
HI CD,

How did you record the error sign if it appeared for a fraction of a second?

Now all of a sudden...I am confused about 2 things :D ..Help me out -

1) To which folder we have to extract the files in 'faces.bat'...Is it the Cric 2005 main folder or the data folder?....because right now I had extracted it to Cric 2005 main folder.

2) I have that planetcricket roster. When I go into Cricket 2005.Can I directly go and play a game or do i first have to load the roster and start game?

Of course, why am I asking all these is..yesterday, my cousin told that the game crashed back to desktop after 2-3 overs....Somewhere something is wrong..thats why

James219 said:
How did you record the error sign if it appeared for a fraction of a second?

It has been happening quite a bit and this is the info i focused on.
There is alot more detail on the error message that I don't know.
But this is not stable at all and I am uninstalling the patch.

Hello guys,

After getting fair amout of response for my patch. I reckon I've fair amount of work to do for my next 'V3.0' . Some unusual problematic areas (..which I never found on my system) till date,I have to found need working are :->

1. Game crashing.
2. CPU playing reverse sweep in normal mode.
3. File swapping.
4. Some of the shots needs more work.
5. Normal mode needs more work.

As far as "Gameplay" is concerned, I don't think there is much work to do (..till date) You can post if anything need working.

-> Because the patches are for you guys only,I've also decided to include more 'Beta testers' for my next patch, and I'd like to invite beta testers amongst the pc members,as so many members have requested to be beta tester for my patch. It'll take some time though,so more on this later.

Thank you,

Last edited:
Hey CD I'll be a beta tester. 1 problem I have found in test batting is when I block the ball it usually is nicked or it goes onto my stumps and it is really irritating

Hey cricket doctor this is really fantastic job mate I love the new swing.The ball swings a lot more and really nice bowling and batting now. The tradmark shots are perfect, loving the patch mate.

I'm playing a odi at melbounrne Australia vs India, day/night, good conditions the pitch is normal, India batting batting first 26 overs 140/4. Odi cricket in the game is more reliestic now, in the 1st few overs, boundries flew of not so good deliveries and thatnks to your patch if the bowler goes wrong my batsmen punishses it. The good balls I left alone and they was some swing earlier on, the spinners are getting some turn aswell.

Great patch mate.

Users who are viewing this thread