Domestic cricket 06/07 in Australia

Good point, looks like we won't be seeing Bird or Bollinger and probably no more spin twins either.
Like you I would like to see Henriques get another go hes been left out for a while now.

well if Lee and Clark Play ( Mcgragth will probably rest ) Bird and possibly Krejza or Bollinger are gonna be kicked out so you are probably right with bird and bollinger

The Toss goes up... and its heads Katich chooses to bat

O'brien misses out? i didn;t hear what he said ,i was typing LOL!

Nice start to the blues, a couple of good leg glances by Jaques

Henriques has really fallen out of favour lately, not even close to making the team. Jaques bad run continues with another low score but Cowan is showing his potential with a quick fire 100. NSW at 219/1 dam good effort that, should get about 300 from here.

Could be an interesting match. Manuka should be used more often, such a good, hard batting pitch.

Not a bad total in the end, thought they could have got a bit higher as there were 3 big hitters to come but not to be. Haddin did really well with his 47 of just 32 balls and only 1 4 and a 6 in it.

Klinger has been looking good from the start, and Blizzard looked like he was set for a big innings before he played it on which is a shame. Krejza was bowling superbly too, he's a really underrated bowler.

Also, this is the first time I've seen Bird bowl, and I have to say, his action is very suspect. (Not that it really mattered because he was getting slapped all over the ground).

I'm pretty confident that while White and Klinger are in we have a chance at winning, particularly with a "tail" that can wag.

It was really well bowled by McKay (a super find by the looks of him) and Harwood at the end, NSW could have gone much further than 300. Simply blocking the mental aspect of 300 is also a boost. Well chased so far by the Vics, NSW seem to have granted an inordinate number of extras that may prove the difference.

Not enough wickets from NSW and no support what so ever given to Bracken. Victoria's batters just too good in the end especially White.

That's our highest ever One Day score too. And a very good lesson in how to chase down big scores. White's six's over mid wicket were great to watch, he's such a consistant performer with the bat, and Klinger was solid all the way through giving no real chances at all. Bracken was brought back into the attack way too late and the two guys(Coyte and Bird) who were bowling at the end were all over the shop, too many balls at waist height waiting to be spanked, and they would rarely bowl full and at the stumps. They'll really need to lift their game if they are going to go anywhere with their cricket.

aussie1st said:
Henriques has really fallen out of favour lately, not even close to making the team. Jaques bad run continues with another low score but Cowan is showing his potential with a quick fire 100. NSW at 219/1 dam good effort that, should get about 300 from here.

Henriques has a groin injury, he hasnt been dropped.

Good to see two younger more unkown batsmen in Klinger and Cowan play so well. And Krejza dropping the Bundy Bear early in his innings tut tut

genghis_khan said:
Henriques has a groin injury, he hasnt been dropped.

But when he was fit he wasn;t playing many, he might play one than not the next then maybe one more than not the other one, hes been an on and off player

Well hopefully when hes fit he gets back into to the OD team at least, we aren't helping him too much by keeping him in lower grades.

Users who are viewing this thread