Domestic cricket 06/07 in Australia

Hes also picked up Philipson and even Hodge has got a wicket! How has White's wickets been?
Queensland should at least make 200 with their lower order batting still to come.

White's wickets

Symonds - Slogged it in the air and caught at long off
Maher - Missed time lap sweep and caught behind square

Queensland ended up passing 200. The last time I checked the score they were about 7/211.

Well... is this a good, hard fought total on an uncertain pitch or good bowling to hold down a large total? McKay, Moss and White certainly bowled well. Would you believe McKay bowled 1/34, just like in his first match.

Noffke to Hodge, OUT, drives and edges a half volley to the 'keeper

However, I'm not adding this to the equation. That's just poor, in fact it's a concern that was expressed about Hodge that clearly hasn't been addressed.

A good innings, they should have plenty of wickets left for the death, but a slow innings so far. Reminiscent of Telstra Dome matches. I didn't mind the drop-ins over there, but as a Test pitch, this could be a bit of a fizzer.

Klinger made a good 79 but run out leaving the lower order with a bit of work to do. MacDonald again has a chance to show his good form with the bat.

angryangy said:
However, I'm not adding this to the equation. That's just poor, in fact it's a concern that was expressed about Hodge that clearly hasn't been addressed.

Wasn't that the reason he was dropped from the test side? I know in the ODIs over in NZ he had a problem with his driving where most times he would nick it to the slips.

omg, that run out looked like an atrocious decision, I can only imagine the umpire thought his bat wasn't grounded. Quite conceivably cost the match. Maybe it's an excuse to check out CA TV.

Yeah bad run-out decisions. The second one was with Croswhaite I think.

Though the end of the game was fantastic. If Croswhaite hit that for six the game would have swayed in the Bushrangers favour - so whoever took the catch, it was damn important.

angryangy said:
omg, that run out looked like an atrocious decision, I can only imagine the umpire thought his bat wasn't grounded. Quite conceivably cost the match. Maybe it's an excuse to check out CA TV.
I'd bet my left testicle Tony Ward judged it out because the bat flew up.

I've read the match report and they say the bat was in the air when the stumps were taken off so under the rules thats out.

I'm waiting for the highlights to show, some reason the foxsports ones don't work so I have to wait for CA TV to put their ones on.

Good knock by Marsh making a 90 and Voges continuing his good form with a 40 odd.
McKay did well for Victoria while Macdonald continued his good all round form this time with the ball. Quite tidy from his 8 overs and got 2 wickets.

In the other one so far Hilfenhaus bowled well along with Butterworth restricting SA to only 189 from 50 overs.

Users who are viewing this thread