Domestic cricket 06/07 in Australia

It would be good having Jaques somewhere in our ODI side. We just need to find a spot for Watson somewhere in the top/middle order which is the main problem. Either way I'm sure the selectors will just say his fielding isn't up to scratch again.

Casson sadly hasn't done much at all for NSW and MacGill looks like he may have a few more years left in him which is a pity as Casson is a talent.

The irony for Casson is that he may well have been edged out of the WA squad by Aaron Heal anyway.

Some WA bloke took 7/27 against the Vics in a 2nd XI match. Vics bundled out for 79.

aussie1st said:
It would be good having Jaques somewhere in our ODI side. We just need to find a spot for Watson somewhere in the top/middle order which is the main problem. Either way I'm sure the selectors will just say his fielding isn't up to scratch again.

Casson sadly hasn't done much at all for NSW and MacGill looks like he may have a few more years left in him which is a pity as Casson is a talent.
Should be 4 when Martyn goes. I wanted Martyn out, but he has justified selection of late, which pisses me off.

cricketmad09 said:
Some WA bloke took 7/27 against the Vics in a 2nd XI match. Vics bundled out for 79.

That guy being a T.MacDonald
A.Fekete could be a bowler you guys could bring up to replace Mick Lewis or at least be in the squad.

cricketmad09 said:
Should be 4 when Martyn goes. I wanted Martyn out, but he has justified selection of late, which pisses me off.

Depends how Watson goes as opener before Martyn retires. As Gilly will retire anyway so Jaques will be opener no matter what.

Have to ask the old man about Fekete. McKay looks like the option though.

Well Katich isn't doing himself any favours to get back into ODI squad. 18 off 39 balls and threw his wicket away. I thought one of the Waugh twins said he 'dominated' domestic attacks?

I agree with Watson at number 4 as if Australia bowl first and his required to bowl his 10 overs then he'll have 15-20 minutes to regather himself before going out to bat... It could physically wear him out and it'd most likely affect his performance.

I'd imigane Jaques will get his chance to prove himself in the VB series along with maybe Katich, Hayden & Watson. I wouldn't be supprised if he wasn't given a chance in the WC2007 as the selectors will go with the likes of Hayden & Martyn in the squad. And to be honest at the present I don't think it's the wrong way to go. The likes of Jaques, Watsons careers will surely take off after the Ashes & World Cup.

Thank God we dropped Katich, can't even deliver in domestic now. Christian again produced another good knock just fell short of his 50. It's a shame that Henriques was left out, they really should let him either bat or bowl right now hes doing a bit of both.

In regards to Henriques, he is an all-rounder, so its his job to bat and bowl.

Also, I think the kid will be a star, but his bowling stats were pretty pathetic. Gaining some confidence playing grade cricket will do wonders and he'll return better than ever.

Most players do need a season to get used to first class cricket, sometimes two. The potential is there for him to be a success. But you can't keep playing someone on potential if they aren't quite performing.

NSW beat WA by 1 run. Needed 1 run to tie, 2 runs to win off the last ball, but Dorey got out trying to slog a six. Silly IMO. Would have been better off hitting along the ground and getting at least 1 to tie.

I saw the last 5 or so overs of that game. Very interesting to watch.

Krejza bowled well. I saw his first wicket and it skidded straight onto the stumps when the batsmen tried to cut it.

cricketmad09 said:
In regards to Henriques, he is an all-rounder, so its his job to bat and bowl.

Also, I think the kid will be a star, but his bowling stats were pretty pathetic. Gaining some confidence playing grade cricket will do wonders and he'll return better than ever.

Agreed but 3 overs of bowling and no batting.
His bowling hasn't been too good I agree so thats why we should give him some confidence with his batting in the top grade promote him up the order, we already know hes miles above the grade cricketers and he ain't learning much staying there..

WA look to be going ok, Ronchi made a good 70, Rogers an 80 and Voges in his 80s, they will need him to carry on. Been a good performance by Nicholson and MacGill for the NSW bowlers to get them back into the game.

Other game it's been another good display of bowling by Denton taking 6 wickets but Noffke again showed his skill with the bat as did Johnson.

Really pathetic to allow a 128 run 9th wicket partnership between a bowler and a bowler who can bat a bit.

NSw are in quite a mess only Thornely has given Katich any real support good to see Kato back for NSW :) Casson has a chance to prove himself at least.

Victoria's tail didn't way in their game but their top order contributed enough to get close to Qld total.

Users who are viewing this thread