Domestic cricket 06/07 in Australia

Warne been playing since the start and all of the ODI Aussies have played in the latest Pura matches. The Victoria v Tassie game as expected heading for the draw.

cricketmad09 said:
Worse than Dorey, Magoffin, Edmonson?

I would take Dorey, Magoffin, Edmonson and throw in Sean Ervine over Lewis, Denton and McDonald any day of the week.

genghis_khan said:
I would take Dorey, Magoffin, Edmonson and throw in Sean Ervine over Lewis, Denton and McDonald any day of the week.
Code:
  [url="http://aus.cricinfo.com/australia/content/player/5197.html"]BM Edmondson[/url]          3   85.1   13   411    6  68.50  3-114  -  -  85.1  4.82
  [url="http://aus.cricinfo.com/australia/content/player/6685.html"]SJ Magoffin[/url]           3   90     21   292    3  97.33  1-46   -  - 180.0  3.24
  [url="http://aus.cricinfo.com/australia/content/player/5112.html"]BR Dorey[/url]              3   97     21   314    3 104.66  2-78   -  - 194.0  3.23

mmm. Potent.

Would you put them in your DreamTeam?

Just looking at the WA team for todays ING Cup match, what happened to Edmonson, Worthington and Ervine? All injured? Because im sure they would be ahead of Wates and Gillies.

What a knock by Langer 50 off 30 with 4 6s. Gilly still there on 70 off 50 and Johnson taking a bit of stick. I can see a 300 coming here.

Great work by Gilly and Langer. They went hard from the start. Gilchrist was playing a backward role and had a strike rate of about 120 :eek:

I would'nt be suprised if WA put on 400 here.

Not going to happen now, Gilly out on 130ish with just under 20 overs left. He could well have gone on to make 200. Slight recovery by Hopes, taken 3 quick wickets to give WA some hope.

cricketmad09 said:
Just looking at the WA team for todays ING Cup match, what happened to Edmonson, Worthington and Ervine? All injured? Because im sure they would be ahead of Wates and Gillies.
Using that logic, Gillies or any other rookie would almost never get a game.

I have never seen a state just play the best possible 11 simply because of availability. The rookies have to be blooded.

Confirmed Mick Lewis has torn his arse muscle. So he will miss the next Pura Cup match. Also Warnie will be out of the team to play for Australia. Gives us some selection concerns. Harwood will be back. According to injuryupdate.com Nannes, Wise and Siddle will be back by early December, so they might miss. However injuryupdate.com.au isnt that reliable with regards to return times.

NSW finally look to have hit their straps in the OD form of the game. Totally crushed Tassie. Henriques has been expensive lately but at least he got some wickets. Hauritz did some nice cleaning up of the tail and the batters took care of the rest.

Jaques had another fantastic innings too and furthered his chances of playing at the Top level. He is such a fantastic batsman, technique or no technique, and I wish Langer would hurry up and retire so he can open for us in the Test matches. I hope he gets selected for the One Day series, I think he would do a lot better at opener than Watson ever will. But it works out well for the Blues having a batsman of that quality available for so much of the domestic season. If he stays in the form he is in for them, they will go very close to winning both domestic cups.

Good to see Hauritz justify his selcetion too by getting a few wickets (even though they were tailenders), they seem to have such a good depth of spinners with MacGill and Casson there also. I think Casson may have made a bad decision going to the Blues, he probably would've been better served staying in Perth.

Users who are viewing this thread